Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family Picture Thread 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatleen said:
Thanks so much for the links, Kirstingrafin :)

I'm sure it would be appreciated greatly if someone is able to provide a summary of the article. Is it an interview with Queen Anne-Marie?

this is a rough translation:

she became at the age of 18 the youngest and most beautiful queen in greece. 40 years later she is pictured in london with 4 of her 6 grandchildren and she gives us a rare confession. they were expecting a boy. but again they got a girl. the third. It is said that their neighbour in Holland, prins bernhard sent the following telegram: we have 3 too. the 3rd daughter of frederik and ingrid was born at the palace of amalienborg august 31, 1946. her grandfather was the king of denmark, her father the crownprince and her mother a granddaughter of the queen of sweden.
royal life was simple, without protocol and without a wild cosmopolitan life.
the girls grew up in a very protected environment. "they are like all the children: noisy, curious, sometimes naughty but they are always my darlings frederik is reported to have said.
AM stood out by her very sweet nature. she loves classical music and has a talent for art. she went to school until she was 16 and then went to austria to learne english. At that time she met her 2nd (3rd? faraway) cousin, crownprince constantine. a thunderbolt went through them when they met. she is the most beautiful girl I have seen in my life constantine is reported to have said.
AM does not comment/remains silent when he says this.

susan alicia said:
this is a rough translation:

she became at the age of 18 the youngest and most beautiful queen in greece. 40 years later she is pictured in london with 4 of her 6 grandchildren and she gives us a rare confession. they were expecting a boy. but again they got a girl. the third. It is said that their neighbour in Holland, prins bernhard sent the following telegram: we have 3 too. the 3rd daughter of frederik and ingrid was born at the palace of amalienborg august 31, 1946. her grandfather was the king of denmark, her father the crownprince and her mother a granddaughter of the queen of sweden.
royal life was simple, without protocol and without a wild cosmopolitan life.
the girls grew up in a very protected environment. "they are like all the children: noisy, curious, sometimes naughty but they are always my darlings frederik is reported to have said.
AM stood out by her very sweet nature. she loves classical music and has a talent for art. she went to school until she was 16 and then went to austria to learne english. At that time she met her 2nd (3rd? faraway) cousin, crownprince constantine. a thunderbolt went through them when they met. she is the most beautiful girl I have seen in my life constantine is reported to have said.
AM does not comment/remains silent when he says this.

Thanks a bunch, Susan :) I really appreciate it.

King Christian IX of Denmark is the great-great-grandfather of both King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie.

Chatleen said:
Thanks a bunch, Susan :) I really appreciate it.

King Christian IX of Denmark is the great-great-grandfather of both King Konstantin and Queen Anne-Marie.

He must have been very proud of Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Chatleen said:
Yes, this is really a great link Cuervo, which I have now bookmarked.

Some of the pics of Queen Anne-Marie with her grandchildren - do you know, if they are scans from the recent "Life&Style" photo spread?

Yes,they are!!

Pavlos & Marie-Chantal and Family Picture Thread

Welcome the first photo thread of Pavlos & Marie-Chantal. Remember to follow the Royal Forums Rules & Guidelines. Since this is an old photo thread, all pictures must be hosted via a private account such as Photobucket, Imageshack, TinyPic or Supload. You must cite the copyright source of your pictues in each post.

Worldroots, Google, Ebay and other message boards cannot be cited as sources of pictures.

Have fun!

A most beautiful picture of their children.

Some pictures of the great looking couple from my collection :)

jjsmqo.jpg
jjsmxh.jpg
jjsnsy.jpg

jjsn49.jpg
jjsnbt.jpg

jjso08.jpg
jjsnl0.jpg

(HOLA, LECTURAS, FIS)

Thanks for the great photos, iceflower -- more, more!!

Pavlos y Marie Chantal in a Greek party (from cover)
CAD8RYZ5.jpg
CA41Y7IN.jpg
CAMN85U3.jpg

Pavlos with prince Felipe of Spain
CASTUZCL.jpg

I'm glad you like the pics, Emily! :)
I scanned in some more, but I have to apologize for the bad quality of some pics, my scanner does not like too little pictures from magazines..;)

k9gt1h.jpg
k9gtio.jpg
k9gtxw.jpg

k9guc3.jpg
k9gupk.jpg
k9gw9i.jpg

(HOLA, FIS, das neue, Dies Minutos)

Last edited:
Iceflower, these are wonderful! I thought I stayed relatively up to date on photos of this couple but you have many that I have never seen. The one with Pavlos, MC and M-O as a baby is very sweet. Thanks again and ..... post away!! I'll be an appreciative audience!

Emily, that "appreciative audience"- thing was so sweet! :)
Actually I'm a bit angry at myself, I've had a lot of articles and pics, but last year I thought I needed some more space, and threw many parts away only keeping some special pics. Stupid me.. :mad:
Here are some more:

jraddw.jpg
jraetd.jpg
jraeyt.jpg
jrafdk.jpg

(HOLA, FIS, SEMANA)

Iceflower, thanks again for the photos. I have never seen the one of Pavlos and MC on the grass -- what a beautiful photo. Do you have photos of Pavlos and MC with A-M and KC at the Miller's home in Gstaad when Maria Olympia was just a little girl? I am certain I have seen those photos on this board, but I can't seem to find them. Any ideas?

Again, you are very welcome :) Do you mean this series of pics? This is the only one together with AM and KC I kept...
jtqycn.jpg

(das neue)

Yes, this is one of the photos, thankyou! There were some more of the same photo shoot where they were inside the ski chateau -- at least one of them in the living room with the two children....I think KC and AM were in that photo but I can't recall. I was just sure I saw it on this thread, but perhaps not. At any rate, thank you so much for all the wonderful pictures you have posted. I enjoy them.

Emily, I'm glad that I could find the pic you were asking for last time, and when reading your description I remembered the other pic, but unfortunately I did not keep it...But here are some more pics, especially for you :)

k36ej8.jpg
k36ekz.jpg
k36emt.jpg

k36es8.jpg

(OGGI, das neue, FIS)

thank you so much for these photos Iceflower! they are gorgeous! they are such a sweet couple. even if it was advantageous for both parties to marry, i think they are very happy together. i love the one of her giving him a peck on the forehead. its so natural and unaffected.

thank you for all the wonderful photos, iceflower!
i've never seen most of the pictures and both Pavlos & MC seems like they have blissful marriage...
keep them coming, please..

I agree purple platinum. Actually, her marriage and life seems to be better than hitting the lottery. It's one thing to have alot of money, but it's definitely another thing to actually enjoy life. She has a job she loves (which most of us don't have unfortunately), a husband she adores, children that appear to be well behaved, and great holiday trips. I know alot of people will say well her father is super rich and she married well. But I think she did more than enjoy her money. She sought and worked for having it all and she achieved it. I wouldn't mind trading places with her.

I'm glad you liked the pics as well, pollyemma and purple!
Today I have only one as I did not have the time to scan in some more :)

k9idye.jpg

(das neue)

another great photo! she's kind of doing her 'business woman' thing with this pin stripe suit. it looks very good on her. i wonder if she will take over the running of her dad's company someday. neither of her sisters seems interested in business and i'm sure her dad would prefer to keep the running of the business in the family.

Iceflower - thank you for posting all these photos! Where do you find all these great pictures?! I enjoy looking at them very much -- it gives me a peek into what is a very rare type of existence in this world! As always [wink, wink] keep them coming!

Emily said:
Iceflower - thank you for posting all these photos! Where do you find all these great pictures?! I enjoy looking at them very much -- it gives me a peek into what is a very rare type of existence in this world! As always [wink, wink] keep them coming!

it is a very rare of type of existence! jetsetting, business, fashion, royalty. they are kinda unique. i like seeing these photos.

Once again thank you for your nice comments :) As to your question, Emily, from various mags through the years as you can see in my credits, I hope I have enough to fill some more posts the next week :)

Here are some more pics of Marie-Chantal and Pavlos :)
m76mnk.jpg
m76m4g.jpg
m76mc7.jpg

(FIS, das neue)

I was searching for a photo of that white ruffled skirt for the longest time. I knew it existed but couldn't figure out where I'd seen it. Only recently did I find it in the thread on Arrieta Morales christening. The skirt reminds me some of the "flamenco style" pink skirt that Letizia wore to one her her cousin-in-laws weddings last year and I had wondered at the time if the inspiration for it was in MC's skirt. It is a very fun style, IMO. Thanks again, Iceflower.

I liked that kind of skirts on both of them, Emily, but I think it's a kind of style not every woman can wear :)

I agree -- I think women with slim, slim hips look best in that style!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom