Pavlos and Marie-Chantal current events 2: October 2005-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to part 2 of Pavlos' and Marie-Chantal's current events thread where you can post recent news, pictures and articles. This means that old photos cannot be posted in this thread and will be deleted wihout notice to the member.

Remember to abide by the following rules as you have fun posting.

TRF Rules and Guidelines
The Attachment Rule
The Copyright Rule

The old thread can be found here.

The Greek royals don't get any financial help from the Windsors at all. The Queen wouldn't even give her own sister or cousins money until she had to because of public pressure, and even now, she doesn't help them out that much. I don't think the Danes help them, either, because the Danes aren't swimming in cash.

The Greeks are reportedly funded by the rich Greek shipping families, who are supposed to give 1 million pounds a year. Constantine and Anne-Marie would have had investments to help out, but Constantine has made some mistakes with earlier investments (in the 1970s), so there's no telling how much was lost then. The money he gets from the shipping giants should be enough to have some left over for savings, though.

From what I know

is that all "first citizens" of the Hellenic state receive pensions an bonuses from the state,extra money for their children state supported cars and security,houses.....What I see here, is that My King was the head of the state for more than 5 years,of the most 'difficult years 'that this state had in it's history!He Has fought for democracy,He Helped His country any way He could!He bought a house on His own money ,after His Property was confiscated by the state He loved and served, even when He was in exile!

I just don't copy well with such a state or Iam to 'torpillo' to understand!!:eek:

Attachments

• Goff_Greek_161005_7.jpg
    Goff_Greek_161005_7.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 662
  • Goff_Greek_161005_8.jpg
    Goff_Greek_161005_8.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 848
  • Goff_Greek_161005_9.jpg
    Goff_Greek_161005_9.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 577
  • Goff_Greek_161005_1.jpg
    Goff_Greek_161005_1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 560
  • Goff_Greek_161005_13.jpg
    Goff_Greek_161005_13.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 574
  • Goff_Greek_161005_15.jpg
    Goff_Greek_161005_15.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 649
  • Goff_Greek_161005_18.jpg
    Goff_Greek_161005_18.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 483
kelly9480 said:
The Greek royals don't get any financial help from the Windsors at all. The Queen wouldn't even give her own sister or cousins money until she had to because of public pressure, and even now, she doesn't help them out that much. I don't think the Danes help them, either, because the Danes aren't swimming in cash.

The Greeks are reportedly funded by the rich Greek shipping families, who are supposed to give 1 million pounds a year. Constantine and Anne-Marie would have had investments to help out, but Constantine has made some mistakes with earlier investments (in the 1970s), so there's no telling how much was lost then. The money he gets from the shipping giants should be enough to have some left over for savings, though.

Why can't they work just like any of us? Wouldn't it make sense for them to stop asking for money and do something on their own? Are they so above others that they cannot work. I would be so embarrassed to ask for money to live well. Not in this country.

Just an opinion. No harm intended.

Why can't they work?.....well because someone named Konstantine is still living in the past and fails to realize that they will probably not ever reign again in Greece. Hell will freeze first. Therefore, he never instilled the idea into his kids that you must work like the rest of the common folks. For people to belive that Pavlos and Nikoalas toil away at real jobs, is just assinine. Alexia seems to be the one family member who works diligently. Hopefully, this younger generation will be brought up with the idea that one must be educated and work. I have no doubt that Alexia and Carlos's children will be totally normal. For everything that can be said about the Miller family, at least Robert Miller(MC's dad) is a self made man and earned every penny. He's not an adult male who is dependent on others.

I don't think Constantine "asks" for the money. He was supported by the Shah until the coup in 1979, and that was apparently a gift. Since then, the rich Greeks have stumped up the cash, apparently because they like the connections and some may feel an obligation. But Constantine doesn't actually ask anyone for cash (though he never refuses it, either).

Roxsteve said:
Why can't they work just like any of us? Wouldn't it make sense for them to stop asking for money and do something on their own? Are they so above others that they cannot work. I would be so embarrassed to ask for money to live well. Not in this country.

Just an opinion. No harm intended.

They do work dear...But you can't understand their work!!;)

paloma said:
Why can't they work?.....well because someone named Konstantine is still living in the past and fails to realize that they will probably not ever reign again in Greece. Hell will freeze first. Therefore, he never instilled the idea into his kids that you must work like the rest of the common folks. For people to belive that Pavlos and Nikoalas toil away at real jobs, is just assinine. Alexia seems to be the one family member who works diligently. Hopefully, this younger generation will be brought up with the idea that one must be educated and work. I have no doubt that Alexia and Carlos's children will be totally normal. For everything that can be said about the Miller family, at least Robert Miller(MC's dad) is a self made man and earned every penny. He's not an adult male who is dependent on others.

You spoke like a true villager!!:D

cuervo said:
You spoke like a true villager!!:D

Are you being a smart ass? If so, it is not appreciated.

I don't happen to agree with your sycophantic admiration of them. That is all. Have a good evening.:D

kelly9480 said:

Not true. The Queen was very generous to Anne-Marie, Constantine and their children when they finally came to London to settle. Anne-Marie also has a trust fund from her father and has received help from her sister when necessary. They were never very wealthy, but today are quite well off.

In later years, very wealthy Greek industrialists, like Latsis and Onassis, funneled money to Constantine as a matter of pride and dignity. The old Colonels were corrupt as well so that's the way it was handled in Greece. In addition, Robert Miller reportedly paid Constantine a dowry of $30 million when Marie-Chantel married Pavlos. She certainly is a very wealthy woman in her own right, so I don't think we have to worry too much about the kids starving.

paloma said:

Well, Pavlos and Nicholas both have worked real jobs in banking and communications and they are well-educated. I doubt Pavlos does much now, since he is very wealthy as the husband of an heiress and they have a big family.

Who knows what Nicholas does? I doubt it's anything particularly lucrative or fulfilling.

branchg said:
Well, Pavlos and Nicholas both have worked real jobs in banking and communications and they are well-educated. I doubt Pavlos does much now, since he is very wealthy as the husband of an heiress and they have a big family.

Who knows what Nicholas does? I doubt it's anything particularly lucrative or fulfilling.

Nikolaos previously held a job at Fox News in New York City.

Last I heard, he was working for the King in his office, but I'm not sure doing what exactly.

news pics of Marie Chantal in London :) :) (from cover)

Attachments

• CAKFAXQH.jpg
    CAKFAXQH.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 670
  • CAHL73QW.jpg
    CAHL73QW.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 761
I thought Pavlos was very successful in his own right with his business in New York.

more pics of Marie Chantal and Pavlos in Athens (from Newscom) :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• spnphotos222307.jpg
    spnphotos222307.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 430
  • spnphotos222309.jpg
    spnphotos222309.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 441
  • spnphotos222310.jpg
    spnphotos222310.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 394
  • spnphotos222311.jpg
    spnphotos222311.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 362
  • spnphotos222315.jpg
    spnphotos222315.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 371
  • spnphotos222314.jpg
    spnphotos222314.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 386
  • spnphotos222313.jpg
    spnphotos222313.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 390
  • spnphotos222312.jpg
    spnphotos222312.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 383
  • spnphotos222316.jpg
    spnphotos222316.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 335
branchg said:
Not true. The Queen was very generous to Anne-Marie, Constantine and their children when they finally came to London to settle. Anne-Marie also has a trust fund from her father and has received help from her sister when necessary. They were never very wealthy, but today are quite well off.
No she wasn't. EIIR has never given them money or even a place to live (and she's got plenty of grace and favour residences she could have let them stay in for a time) -- she wouldn't even give her sister or cousins money in the 70s when the Greeks moved to Britain.

Constantine went into exile with a trust fund from his family that established their residence in London. Anne-Marie also has money from her trust funds, but Constantine made at least one bad investment in the late 70s (something to do with automobiles) and lost a lot.

The Greek shipping giants (not including Onassis, who died in 1975) stepped in after the Shah lost power (1979) and couldn't fund them anymore, but between going into exile and the Shah's own exile, the Greek royals were funded by the Shah -- not EIIR.

And the Danes don't seem especially helpful. When Anne-Marie thought of leaving her husband because of the infidelity, she was told by her family that her place was with her husband. I can't see a family that would say that as being one that would bankroll her family.

Wow, I did not know he cheated on Anne Marie. That surprises me..

Thanks LUCIDU for all the pictures!! It is always niced to see. I am looking forward to seeing more if You find any....

kelly9480 said:
No she wasn't. EIIR has never given them money or even a place to live (and she's got plenty of grace and favour residences she could have let them stay in for a time) -- she wouldn't even give her sister or cousins money in the 70s when the Greeks moved to Britain.

You need to remember the Queen is bound to act on the advice of her ministers as a constitutional monarch. The British government was adamantly against allowing Constantine or his family to settle in the UK. They only did it out of respect for the Queen's ties to them through Prince Philip.

Constantine went into exile with a trust fund from his family that established their residence in London. Anne-Marie also has money from her trust funds, but Constantine made at least one bad investment in the late 70s (something to do with automobiles) and lost a lot.

Constantine had no money when he went into exile. The Greek Royal Family was always quite poor and relied on the state's support.

The Greek shipping giants (not including Onassis, who died in 1975) stepped in after the Shah lost power (1979) and couldn't fund them anymore, but between going into exile and the Shah's own exile, the Greek royals were funded by the Shah -- not EIIR.

The Greek shipping families took care of Constantine with a wink and a nod from the Colonels and the military junta who ruled Greece after they exiled him. They wanted him to stay quiet and mind his own business.

And the Danes don't seem especially helpful. When Anne-Marie thought of leaving her husband because of the infidelity, she was told by her family that her place was with her husband. I can't see a family that would say that as being one that would bankroll her family.

I highly doubt Anne-Marie ever considered leaving Constantine. It simply would not be in her nature. She was born a royal princess and was a Queen. She understood her duty as a royal consort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lady Marmalade said:
Wow, I did not know he cheated on Anne Marie. That surprises me..
They admitted to having "crises" in their marriage in an interview about a decade ago. Constantine was rumoured to have had an affair with Empress Farah Pahlavi, but I've never seen confirmation of that affair. But there were infidelities, and Constantine even gave Prince Charles a tie pin that was some sort of ancient symbol for male fertility or infidelity in the mid80s.

branchg said:
You need to remember the Queen is bound to act on the advice of her ministers as a constitutional monarch. The British government was adamantly against allowing Constantine or his family to settle in the UK. They only did it out of respect for the Queen's ties to them through Prince Philip.

Constantine only had to work out a tax arrangement with the British government. He didn't need their permission to live there. Nor did he need hers.

Constantine had no money when he went into exile. The Greek Royal Family was always quite poor and relied on the state's support.

The Greek shipping families took care of Constantine with a wink and a nod from the Colonels and the military junta who ruled Greece after they exiled him. They wanted him to stay quiet and mind his own business.

Constantine had a trust fund (not large mind you, from his parents) that he took with him into exile. The Greeks aren't giving him money to keep the government happy. They're giving him money because he's a friend and he needs the help. Constantine has never stayed quiet about his exile, even during the junta.

I highly doubt Anne-Marie ever considered leaving Constantine. It simply would not be in her nature. She was born a royal princess and was a Queen. She understood her duty as a royal consort.
Being royal born doesn't make someone immune to getting fed up. Sofia tried to leave her husband and she was born royal, too. After the exile, they admitted their marriage went through a very rocky patch in the 1970s, and she had to be reminded of her duty to her husband and children by her family.

branchg said:

I don't think that Anne-Marie ever considered a legal seperation or a divorce, but it is quite common knowldedge that she left Constantine for a significant period after they went into exile. She and the children stayed with her mother, Queen Ingrid in Denmark.

new pictures from seegerpress :

Pavlos, Marie-Chantal, and Odysseus Kimon went shopping in Chelsea, London on 25th October 2005

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00149561.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149561.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 498
  • pre-SEEGER00149571.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149571.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 384
  • pre-SEEGER00149568.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149568.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 450
  • pre-SEEGER00149565.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149565.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 672
  • pre-SEEGER00149563.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149563.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 383
  • pre-SEEGER00149559.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149559.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,962
  • pre-SEEGER00149556.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149556.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,531
  • pre-SEEGER00149555.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149555.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 344
  • pre-SEEGER00149553.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149553.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 380
  • pre-SEEGER00149550.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00149550.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 467
more from seegerpress :

looks like the little boy is learning to shop at very early year. he is so cute...

thanks for the pics. odysseus is so cute!!!!

Marie Chantal in Paris at Cordélia de Castellane’s home for discover the new collection of MC and buy the clothes.10/13/05

From point de vue

1.Marie Chantal with Cordelia de Castellane

2.MC with Odysseus

3. MC with Delphine Arnault Gancia, and Arabelle Reille Mahdavi.

4. MC with Cordelia and Melonie Hennessy.

5. the invitation for discover the new winter collection of Marie Chantal.

Attachments

• MC 1.jpg
    MC 1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 699
  • MC 2.jpg
    MC 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 576
  • MC 3.jpg
    MC 3.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,530
  • MC 4.jpg
    MC 4.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,024
  • MC 5.jpg
    MC 5.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 909
  • MC 6.jpg
    MC 6.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 947
Very nice pics! Marie-Chantal doesn´t seem to be very tall. 5,7??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom