It's a boy!: Carlos Morales (born 30 July 2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Larzen that is exactly what I thought!

Thanks everyone for the beautiful photos. Alexia looks fantastic! Carlos is so adorable.

i noticed on hello magazines web site they call Prince Phillippos, Prince Paul Nicholas where they got that name from i havent a clue

Oh! Little Carlos is very very cute! :p

Here more pics from Newscom.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 317
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 327
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 382
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 383
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 368
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 410
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Second batch pics from Newscom

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 372
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 377
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 359
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 276
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 387
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited by a moderator:
Third batch pics from Newscom

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 289
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 391
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 399
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 302
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 407
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 295
Fourth batch pics from Newscom

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 381
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 281
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 335
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 266
Fifth and last batch pics from Newscom.;)

Attachments

• 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 280
  • 47.jpg
    47.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 382
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 415
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 335
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 361
who do you think is going to be the goodfathers.

Bubbette said:
How come none of the kids have Greek names?
They have spanish names, because their father is spanish and they live in Spain.

Last baby?

Does anybody know whether one of the reporters asked Alexia whether the family planning is over now and Carlos will be her last baby?
I for myself didn´t even expect her to have a third child.....But in the Greek royal family only two children seem much too little
By the way: In Hola magazine from last October they asked Alexia whether she wants to have another child and she answered that nothing is planned for the near future - one month later she was pregnant again....

juliamontague said:
They have spanish names, because their father is spanish and they live in Spain.

I thought Arrietta (?) was also a Greek name?:confused:

Arietta was described as a Greek name, and Ana Maria is named for the Queen of the Hellenes. Carlos is named for his father, but I don't think Greek has a version of Charles.

Mascha said:
I thought Arrietta (?) was also a Greek name?:confused:

Arrieta (without a t) is a town (a very beautiful town by the way;) ) in Lanzarote, the island where Alexia and her family live. When Arrietta was born, I read somewhere that Alexia and Carlos Morales decided to make a mix between the name of the town (Arrieta) and a Greek name (Arrietta) which hasn’t got any translation.

kelly9480 said:
Arietta was described as a Greek name, and Ana Maria is named for the Queen of the Hellenes. Carlos is named for his father, but I don't think Greek has a version of Charles.

The Greek Version is 'Karolos' of Greece!!!The First Time,that you meet a Greek royal carrying that name, in Greece's History.

Last edited:
Raia said:
i noticed on hello magazines web site they call Prince Phillippos, Prince Paul Nicholas where they got that name from i havent a clue

Hello is a bit weird anyway. The English is often badly written. V sicophatic so they make up for it that way thougth.

Some more pics of when the family went to visit Alexia and baby Carlos (without big watermark. Anne-Marie and Sofia seem to be having a good time. From imaginescandinavia.com

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 495
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 416
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 539
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 516
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 574
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 469
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 516
Here a clip from Yahoo.
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1372805&ru=y&b=dij967d19hni942f23b53
(Hope it works)

And this is the translation of some things they said:

(About the name)
-Alexia: We chose it together.
-Carlos: It was very difficult to find.
(laughs)

(About how Arietta and Ana María have reacted with her newborn brother)
-Alexia: Really well for now. We’ll see… but yes, they want to help in everything, which is a bit difficult (laughs) but…yeah, very well.

And for those who can buy it, Alexia and little Carlos are on the cover of the Spanish magazine Lecturas.;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,271
I really like Carlos cuz he seems to be his own man and comfortable in his own non-ex-royal skin! And of course he and ALexia are very haopy and have wonderful kids.

But I wonder, since ALexia and Carlos lead simpler lives, why do they do these photoshoots and press calls. Do they want to do it or does ex-King Constantine and Anne-Marie make them do it?

Do you really want them not to show in public any more? I´d be very disappointed if this happens! I´m quite sure, Constantine wants his family to appear publicily at times, though. With Marie-Chantal he becomes more and more successful because she´s well- known in yellow press by now. And she and Pavlos managed to become close friends to Mette Marit and Haakon, making Mette Marit Odyssea´s godmother f.i. The Greek royal family is one of the most in-public-showing former royal families I know. I have to admit that they are so far free of any scandals. Pavlos and Marie-Chantal seem very happy together for 10 years now which isn´t natural nowadays. And not to forget the announcements of all the pregnancies, marriages who have happened and still will happen (Nikolaos will be the next for sure....)
But I always wonder whether Carlos is able to offer Alexia a quite comfortable lifestyle only with his very own income. I suppose they live also from Alexia´s inheritance from f.i. her grandmother Queen Ingrid....One must pay for the evening gowns Alexia needs for the several occasions (wedding of Frederik and Felipe last year a.s.o....)

Former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are brother and sister to still reigning European Queens. Besides both are the last authentic couple of the last century where both he and she were kings-children when they married! This fact makes them so unique. And this fact still touches our hearts. I for myself am always moved whenever I see photos of the good old sixties when Anne-Marie was the youngest Queen in the world. They may not have been successful in their job but they never gave in and even in exile their marriage works now for over 40 years and they educated their children very well and therefore I admire them, though I know they f.i. may never have been in financial trouble or so because they were and maybe still are supported by the Danish and Spanish royal family and by Queen Elizabeth.
I was born in 1960 and since my late mother was a yellow-press-fan I know f.i. Alexia since her birth and Anne-Marie was my really fairy tale Queen and the Greek royal family always belonged and still belonges to my yellow-press-fan life and always will.

I heard only just now, Alexia had got her third child. So bad luck, it was a boy, hehee...
As everybody knows, I am ALWAYS for cute little girls!
But anyway, congratulations to the parents and sisters.

Little Arrietta and Anna Maria are relly very, very cute! I have not seen pictures of them for a long time. They are already "big" girls! I would like to know if they can speak English or how do they communicate with their grandparents.

princess gertrude said:
Does anyone else think that Anne-Marie looks different? I know that her hair seems lighter, but does she look younger to anyone else, or is it my imagination?

I just thought the same as you! She looks happy and much younger! But I like more brown hairs than lighh hairs!

Stefanie said:
Former King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie are brother and sister to still reigning European Queens. Besides both are the last authentic couple of the last century where both he and she were kings-children when they married! This fact makes them so unique. And this fact still touches our hearts. I for myself am always moved whenever I see photos of the good old sixties when Anne-Marie was the youngest Queen in the world. They may not have been successful in their job but they never gave in and even in exile their marriage works now for over 40 years and they educated their children very well and therefore I admire them, though I know they f.i. may never have been in financial trouble or so because they were and maybe still are supported by the Danish and Spanish royal family and by Queen Elizabeth.
I was born in 1960 and since my late mother was a yellow-press-fan I know f.i. Alexia since her birth and Anne-Marie was my really fairy tale Queen and the Greek royal family always belonged and still belonges to my yellow-press-fan life and always will.

Oh, Stefanie! I am absolutely with you there! There is something so romantic with Anne-Marie and Konstantin! Although I anm not a romantic type, but I like them very much since 1963, when I learnt to know them in the papers!

The Greek royals have never received financial assistance from the Windsors. EIIR won't help her own cousins out financially -- even the ones she's close to, so she's certainly not helping the Greeks. They used to receive money from the Shah, and now receive help from Greek shipping families. The Borbons and Danes have never been able to financially support the Greeks. The Danes aren't that rich, but AM would have whatever she inherited from her parents. The Borbons don't receive enough from the Civil List to fund the Greeks, and the family wouldn't have received much money while in exile.

Alexia said that she was going to teach her children Greek, and Carlos speaks English, so they in a few years, they will probably be able to communicate with them in either language.

Does anybody know whether in Spanish HOLA-magazine No. 3.185 there are the photos of Alexia presenting little Carlos? It is the latest edition and I couldn´t find a hint neither on the cover nor in the list. In earlier days such kind of events were "that" theme in HOLA with a detailed photo-story over 2 oder 3 pages. In No. 3.184 they only mentioned that Alexia gave birth to a boy and published the photos of Anne-Marie and Sofia visiting Alexia in the hospital.

In fact there are no photos in HOLA of Alexia presenting Carlos! I managed to get the edition No. 3.185. It´s the first time in years they "forgot" such kind of an event. Could be a hint that either the interest in the Greek royal family is dwindling or HOLA doesn´t want to give Constantine a forum any longer to present himself and his family in public the way he did so far.....
Let´s see if they bring photos of Carlos´ christening. If not, then we know HOLA is "ready" with the Greeks.....

Stefanie said:
In fact there are no photos in HOLA of Alexia presenting Carlos! I managed to get the edition No. 3.185. It´s the first time in years they "forgot" such kind of an event. Could be a hint that either the interest in the Greek royal family is dwindling or HOLA doesn´t want to give Constantine a forum any longer to present himself and his family in public the way he did so far.....
Let´s see if they bring photos of Carlos´ christening. If not, then we know HOLA is "ready" with the Greeks.....

I do not believe that it happens at all with the Hola, it is an August and in Spain it is the month of vacations, the magazines have the half of size of what is normal, and have a bit of disorder. Probably it they passed, because in the magazine if they announced the birth of the baby and lavisita of Ana Maria and the Queen Sofia.

Speculation about when little Carlos will be baptised

To our Greek posters: How long will the weather be comfortable enough in Greece to still celebrate the baptism there? Until end of October? Or is it more likely that they postpone it into next spring?
As far as I assess Alexia she will get over with it as fast as possible.
Any guesses about who will be godfather/-mother? (Why not Marie-Chantal? Alexia is godmother of Olympia after all....)
I don´t know what I prefer right now: To see little Carlos already in October again or to wait how he´s growing until next spring. I´m afraid they won´t public new photos of him until the baptism.

Back
Top Bottom