Greek Royals at the Beijing Olympics 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iakynthi

Royal Highness
City
Athens
Country
Greece
The opening ceremony finished half an hour ago and I'm still like "wow"!!:eek:
Did you see Konstantinos and Anna Maria greeting the greek athletes?
Unfortunately,I haven't seen Theodora and Philippos yet.
Oh,I wish I were in Beijing right now...:ROFLMAO:

The latest news is that Theodora and Philippos are in Beijing with their parents.I guess this happens because they are both single or without a long-term relationship,like Nikolaos.
I don't want to believe that they do what their parents tell them to do,like 13 year old kids.It's easier for them to travel around the world,because they don't have serious responsibilities.
I would like to see your opinions.Do you agree with me?

Yes, on the Australian TV feed we saw a good shot of the King and Queen welcoming the Greek Olympic team to the stadium. :)

Here's a pic, originally posted by Lady Finn in the Royals at the Olympics thread showing the King and Queen, Philippos and Theodora in Beijing.

McClatchy-Tribune | Visuals | Preview

The agency has presented the photo side-on so you'll have to tilt your monitors. :D
Oh, the caption is wrong. They have Philippos identified as Nikolaos.

Last edited:
Constantino and Ann Maria were in the ceremony of inauguration of the olympic games of the Beijing
They were seated behind the President of China, with the remaining members of the Olympic Committee .they will be in China during all the Olympic Games.
the navigation competition will be in Hong Kong
I think that are with kings, the princess Teodora and Fillipos and Nicolaos with Tatiana
El blog de theroyalfamilyofgreek

THE PICTURE IS OF THE CEREMONY

Thank you for posting the photo. I believe I read in another post that Nikolaos and Tatiata are in Greece, but Theodora and Philipos are with their parents in Beijing.
The Greek TV showed them saluting the Greek team when they entered the stadium.

It must be very funny for Theodora to see her cousin in the olympic games. I bet they will cheer for her a bit and of cause the greek athletes

Sorry Bettina, which cousin of Theodora is competing in the Olympics?

I cannot wait for 8:30 for the ceremonies to start on American TV.
Although I doubt they will show any extensive coverage of the foreign royals. They usually tailor it for the American audience who in their majority do not give a hoot about what we, here, care.........:bang:

they are freely in the olimpic Games, Constantinos and Ana Maria does not force to them.Fillipos has girlfriend, Luz Hernandez. Nicholas can travel in next days to the Beijing

She is the daughter of the princess benecdicte, sister of queen ana maria
where are the tests of horses? In beijing or in other locality

She is the daughter of the princess benecdicte, sister of queen ana maria
where are the tests of horses? In beijing or in other locality

In Hong Kong, the equestrian events are taking place there.

Hey,this is the picture that is shown live worldwide,not only by the national TVs.Everybody watched this.I don't know what is going on with the american television,in Greece we watched live the opening ceremony at 15.00.The difference from Beijing is only 5 hours.:rolleyes:

I believe that,too.And she has a perfect tan.
I also think that Philippos and Theodora enjoy each other's company,maybe that's why they followed their parents in Beijing.They can spend some time together.
Perhaps,it has nothing to do with being conservative,since Theodora studied theatre and acting.She must be openminded,she's an artist after all...:flowers:

I believe that,too.And she has a perfect tan.
I also think that Philippos and Theodora enjoy each other's company,maybe that's why they followed their parents in Beijing.They can spend some time together.
Perhaps,it has nothing to do with being conservative,since Theodora studied theatre and acting.She must be openminded,she's an artist after all...:flowers:

I agree that she is a modern educated woman. However she seems conservative to me. She is always well behaved, never wears low cut dresses, skirts up to there or anyone saw her being carried half drunk out of nightclubs. She also lost weight and looks gorgeous. It was a very appropriate name they gave her when she was born. I hope and wish she has a happy long life. Philipos looks like a younger Pavlos.

Oh,I understand you now:conservative in a good way.She has a natural elegance and sophistication and doesn't fit with the masses.She behaves well and concentrates on her family and her dreams.I like that.Most people in their 20's behave really foolish,like teenagers.You have to be very picky nowadays and always be careful with the people you meet.I think I understand Theodora very much.

Oh,and something funny:the Greek journalist yesterday said "here they are,the ex-king Konstantinos and Sofia(!!!)" when they were saluting the Greek Olympic team.:lol:
It seems that some Neoellines still confuse their names.We might need another 100 years to learn our history right...Too bad!

Oh,and something funny:the Greek journalist yesterday said "here they are,the ex-king Konstantinos and Sofia(!!!)" when they were saluting the Greek Olympic team.:lol:
It seems that some Neoellines still confuse their names.We might need another 100 years to learn our history right...Too bad!

Well......I did not even see them. I am so mad......I have to wait to get to Athens and see the tape.
BTW those two at NBC who were talking during the ceremony yesterday were going back and forth and when the Malawi delegation was coming in, one sad to the other.........Perhaps Americans know Malawi, because Madonna adopted a little boy from that country.........:bang::bang::bang::bang:
Wonder how long it will take forTV reporters to learn geography.......:ROFLMAO:

Good girl, Iakynthi. You listen to Aunt Odette..........and be a good girl like Theodora......(When is Nikolaos visiting your neck of the woods??):flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh,nothing surprises me about the Americans...
"Neck of the woods"?What's this?:ermm:

It means "in your locale".
Any answer to Odette should be done by PM rather than in this thread. :)

Have any of the other Greek Royals arrived? I ask because our local paper actually printed two pictures -- one was Princess Haya (who they said was Queen Sofia and mentioned she was rooting for Greece and Spain), lol. Then they pictured Theodora and called her Alexia?! They have since taken it down (after I wrote and complained) but I was wondering if the others WERE there and that's why they mixed it up?:ROFLMAO:

I like all of the five children of King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie. I´m old enough to remember the three oldest ones being little babies. Somehow I missed up many things of Theodora and Philippos. But I can see they look both like sensible, lovable youngsters, who still enjoy being with their parents. You are right Odette, Philippos looks like a younger Pavlos.

Oh I remember when Theodora was born after Nikolaos.
She was an adorable baby and then Philipos came in a year or so later.
I am very happy to see them growing up into lovely adults. K C & Q AM are very lucky to have such good children.

We are losing from USA right now.Damn,I can't watch this game anymore...:bang::bang::bang:
Has anybody noticed any members of the GRF in the stadium yet?Cause I haven't and I'm turning the TV off right now...:cool:

Here are two pics from today during the equestrian dressage grand prix competition :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom