The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2020, 04:09 PM
Majesty

Princess Theodora and Matthew Kumar will tie the knot in May 2020, though a specific date has not yet been set. Is the wedding still in May?
http://us.hola.com/royals/20191111fi...l-wedding-2020

Old 01-26-2020, 06:31 PM
Courtier

The Royal House has not issued any statement, the date of May is not official, but this is known by a conversation of a known greek journalist, who coincided with Theodora in a fashion show in Athens.

Old 01-26-2020, 07:06 PM
Majesty

Most probable are Saturdays which fall on 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 this year.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Sorry to disappoint you in your calculation, but the Prince Nikolaos wedding was a Wednesday
Old 03-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

When will the royal house officially announce more details about this wedding? I hope the wedding will be in May.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
Sorry to disappoint you in your calculation, but the Prince Nikolaos wedding was a Wednesday
True, as were their parents who married in September 1964. Pavlos was married on a Saturday and Alexia on Friday. The only thing the siblings had in common were summer weddings, two in July and one in August.

Saturday is most popular date as for most people they have to consider things like work. Marrying on a weekend makes convenient sense. Not the same concern people of their class worry about.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Nobility

I suppose they'd be unlikely to get married the same week Princess Beatrice does, so the end of May is probably out.

(With corona-virus, it might get dicey for anyone to have a big gathering with people flying in during the next few months.)
Old 03-03-2020, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
I suppose they'd be unlikely to get married the same week Princess Beatrice does, so the end of May is probably out.

(With corona-virus, it might get dicey for anyone to have a big gathering with people flying in during the next few months.)
We have already spoken on several dates, but nothing official. But I believe that the wedding should take place in May.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
We have already spoken on several dates, but nothing official. But I believe that the wedding should take place in May.
Wow, have you actually spoken to the royal family?!
Old 03-07-2020, 07:11 AM
Courtier

In the presentation of the book of Queen Frederika, on February 3, one of the assistants approached to greet King Constantine and Queen Anna- Maria, and after talking with them, he asked to the King and Queen if they were happies with the next Princess Theodora's wedding. And the King said they were very happies for the wedding. they were looking forward to the wedding day. This is not much but it can be considered official.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnel View Post
Wow, have you actually spoken to the royal family?!
I'm sorry, it was a translation error. I didn't speak to the royal family, obviously.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Sounds as if there' s still no wedding date known, not even by the King and Queen
Strange- I wonder whether this wedding will ever take place. ...
Old 03-07-2020, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

It's indeed rather strange that we are 2 months short of them being engaged for 1 1/2 years and still no confirmed wedding date.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

After the latest news of Beatrice and Edo's wedding I remembered Princess Theodora's wedding. Was this marriage postponed because of the Coronavirus?
Old 03-18-2020, 07:41 PM
Majesty

I think it may be, especially since King Konstantin is in frail health.
Queen Anne-Marie also shouldn't expose herself, she is over 70 already.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Frail health could also be a reason to choose a small-scale private family wedding instead with a big party at a later time. However, had that been of primary concern, they would have been married by now imho.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:32 PM
Courtier

I have read in a magazine that the wedding of Princess Theodora would have been suspended due to the coronavirus . The wedding would be celebrate on May 23, in Greece, Spetses. it is true that nothing is official, but it is obvious, with this pandemic it would be impossible to celebrate in May.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:35 PM
Majesty

Hopefully in the future Princess Theodora and Matthew will have a splendid wedding day.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don’t know how reliable this source is;

https://pressfrom.info/au/news/enter...-canceled.html

Theodora’s wedding postponed indefinitely.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don’t know how reliable this source is;

https://pressfrom.info/au/news/enter...-canceled.html

Theodora’s wedding postponed indefinitely.
It makes sense that no new date is known yet; the source at least is not that well informed stating that princess Theodora is her parent's youngest child...