Engagement of Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - November 16, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Royal House has not issued any statement, the date of May is not official, but this is known by a conversation of a known greek journalist, who coincided with Theodora in a fashion show in Athens.

Most probable are Saturdays which fall on 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 this year.

Sorry to disappoint you in your calculation, but the Prince Nikolaos wedding was a Wednesday;):whistling::lol:

When will the royal house officially announce more details about this wedding? I hope the wedding will be in May.

Sorry to disappoint you in your calculation, but the Prince Nikolaos wedding was a Wednesday;):whistling::lol:

True, as were their parents who married in September 1964. Pavlos was married on a Saturday and Alexia on Friday. The only thing the siblings had in common were summer weddings, two in July and one in August.

Saturday is most popular date as for most people they have to consider things like work. Marrying on a weekend makes convenient sense. Not the same concern people of their class worry about.

I suppose they'd be unlikely to get married the same week Princess Beatrice does, so the end of May is probably out.

(With corona-virus, it might get dicey for anyone to have a big gathering with people flying in during the next few months.)

I suppose they'd be unlikely to get married the same week Princess Beatrice does, so the end of May is probably out.

(With corona-virus, it might get dicey for anyone to have a big gathering with people flying in during the next few months.)

We have already spoken on several dates, but nothing official. But I believe that the wedding should take place in May.

We have already spoken on several dates, but nothing official. But I believe that the wedding should take place in May.

Wow, have you actually spoken to the royal family?!

In the presentation of the book of Queen Frederika, on February 3, one of the assistants approached to greet King Constantine and Queen Anna- Maria, and after talking with them, he asked to the King and Queen if they were happies with the next Princess Theodora's wedding. And the King said they were very happies for the wedding. they were looking forward to the wedding day. This is not much but it can be considered official.?:whistling::whistling:

Sounds as if there' s still no wedding date known, not even by the King and Queen
Strange- I wonder whether this wedding will ever take place. ...

It's indeed rather strange that we are 2 months short of them being engaged for 1 1/2 years and still no confirmed wedding date.

After the latest news of Beatrice and Edo's wedding I remembered Princess Theodora's wedding. Was this marriage postponed because of the Coronavirus?

I think it may be, especially since King Konstantin is in frail health.
Queen Anne-Marie also shouldn't expose herself, she is over 70 already.

Frail health could also be a reason to choose a small-scale private family wedding instead with a big party at a later time. However, had that been of primary concern, they would have been married by now imho.

I have read in a magazine that the wedding of Princess Theodora would have been suspended due to the coronavirus . The wedding would be celebrate on May 23, in Greece, Spetses. it is true that nothing is official, but it is obvious, with this pandemic it would be impossible to celebrate in May.

Hopefully in the future Princess Theodora and Matthew will have a splendid wedding day.

Looking at the article it just seems to say "indefinitely" because they haven't (publicly) set another date yet but the couple are still together.

Probably a sensible idea since the family and other guests are all over the place and they don't know if travel and a large gathering is going to be safe for all of them, especially the older ones. Not to mention all the other issues with trying to rearrange a wedding.

If the wedding is off due to the COVID-19 crisis, HRH is in good company with millions of other brides including her distant cousin Princess Beatrice.

But if it is cancelled as in "not going to happen ever"..well. That's indeed very sad news.

:previous: I agree. Only the strongest relationships will survive this crisis.

When was the last time we saw Princess Theodora and Matthew Kumar together?

The palace only confirmed the wedding was cancelled and no new date had been selected. Not that the couple had ended things.

It’s not like we are going to see photos of them together right now during this.

I highly doubt their relationship is so fickle that postponing a wedding will end it.

I don’t know how reliable this source is;

https://pressfrom.info/au/news/ente...theodora-of-greece-her-marriage-canceled.html

Theodora’s wedding postponed indefinitely.

If the wedding is off due to the COVID-19 crisis, HRH is in good company with millions of other brides including her distant cousin Princess Beatrice.

But if it is cancelled as in "not going to happen ever"..well. That's indeed very sad news.

I would not be surprised if it never happens. COVID-19 and the resulting quarantine/isolation is going to be the death knell of many relationships.

The quoted spokesperson's statement that "we're looking closely at when we can finally celebrate this union" makes it very clear that the wedding is not off forever.

The last time we saw a picture of them together was the "blessing of the groom" in India and March I think. Considering we can go months without any pictures or news from many in the GRF I don't think that really matters.

Whilst many couples won't survive either being apart for a long time or cooped up together for a long time this year, I don't think we can really say one way or the other for this couple since we see so little of them. They've been together a long time at least and presumably live together and are not rushing in to anything.

Makes sense that it has been postponed indefinitely as it was meant to take place in May and was obviously not able to due to Covid. There is no point scheduling a date now when its not known when a wedding will be able to take place (especially for a family spread out across the world)

Princess Theodora was getting married on May 23, Celia Krithiatori, she has designed her wedding dress, the hotel was reserved for that date, I read in a Facebook group, an article at the end of April, in which A journalist had called the Hotel, who had confirmed that the reservation of Hotel had been canceled. She works in a theater company. Last week, Theodora published in the instagram stories section, a photo with Matthew. It is obvious that theodora will marry when she can by her agenda, and that we will know it, the same day of the wedding...:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom