The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-16-2018, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That's delightful news, congratulations to the happy couple!

The Princess grew up in London, but has been living in Los Angeles for many years now. Her parents as well as Nicolaos and Tatiana are now living in Greece. Iirc, Pavlos and Marie Chantale have moved to the US, Alexia lives in Spain with her Spanish husband, and doesn't Philippos live in the US as well? With none of the family any longer living in London, it's unlikely to be a London wedding, imo. I think that they will choose to marry in Greece next summer.
A summer wedding in Greece like her brother Nikolaos seems most likely indeed.

And what a cute instsgram post by Theodora. Looks like she is over the moon that Matthew proposed...

Old 11-16-2018, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Theodora and Matthew! It is marvelous that the groom-to-be is from the United States.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:30 PM
Nobility

Any idea if Matthew is of Indian origin? I ask because of his last name Kumar, which is a common Indian last name
Old 11-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Congratulations to the couple

I don't see them getting married in London as no one in the family lives there any more. A wedding in Greece is highly likely.

We may see a member it two of the BRF there if summer wedding. Maybe.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
Any idea if Matthew is of Indian origin? I ask because of his last name Kumar, which is a common Indian last name
It has been speculated that his family is originally from India; so far relatively little is known about him.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I definitely see members of the Kent branch of the BRF attending as they are close to the Greek royals via Princess Marina. Prince and Princess Michael and Lady Gabriella attended Princess Alexia's and Prince Nicholas' weddings and I can see them attending this one too.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It has been speculated that his family is originally from India; so far relatively little is known about him.
Some more information about the groom-to-be:

Royal Musings: A royal engagement: Princess Theodora of Greece & Denmark to marry Matthew Kumar

As you see, his father's given name is Shalendra, so he definitely is of Indian origin
Old 11-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Theodora and Matthew! A lovely surprise

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-17-2018, 08:15 PM
Administrator

This is fantastic news. Congratulations to the Theodora and Matthew!

Old 11-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Yay! Congrats to the couple!
Old 11-21-2018, 08:05 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the couple!!. I really like Princess Theodora. I think the wedding could take place in London, Queen Elizabeth is the godmother of Theodora. Will there be a press conference of the couple? Where will it be, in Greece?.
Congratulations!!!
Old 11-21-2018, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post

Royal Musings: A royal engagement: Princess Theodora of Greece & Denmark to marry Matthew Kumar

As you see, his father's given name is Shalendra, so he definitely is of Indian origin
Only his dad though, his mother's name is not Indian at all.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post

Matthew's father Shalendra Kumar was born in Fiji in 1954 and married Matthew's mother Yolanda Sherry Richards in Nevada in 1978.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Serene Highness

I read this in a group of facebook, the person who wrote it seems to have investigated the subject. she says: Matthew's mother is 65 years old, Matthew has three brothers. Matthew's father could have his origins in India. Theodora's best friend, her family is origin from India, she married in Texas in 2016, Princess theodora was in this wedding, Theodora published the photo with Matthew. This friend is who could have presented Matthew to Theodora.
I have been able to contrast some data of this commentary, I found data of Matthew's mother, at a kind of telephone guide, she is 65 years old(it is true) . Theodora's friend is Monica, and her father is of Indian origin, her mother is from the United States, she married in 2016 by the Hindu rite. Monica and her husband were spending a few days on vacation with King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie in Porto Heli, in 2016.
This is not much information, it is the little I have found.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

According to information in Ancestry, Shalendra "Sam" Kumar was born in Fiji on 28 July 1954, married Yolanda Sherry Richards in Clark County, Nevada on 2 September 1978, and became a naturalized citizen of the U.S. on 22 November 1985 in the District Court of Los Angeles, California. At that time he was a resident of Simi Valley, California. His wife Yolanda Sherry Richards was born 10 November 1953.

The California Birth Index 1905-1995 shows the births of two children surnamed Kumar whose mother's maiden surname was Richards: Reggie Samuel Kumar (born 17 April 1978 in Los Angeles County) and Matthew Jeremiah Kumar (born 15 Dec 1983 in Ventura County). Matthew is of course Princess Theodora's fiancé.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Courtier

I found a website with this information from Matthew's mother, Age: 65 , and people related to her, Shalendra Kumar, Reggie Kumar, Catalina Kumar, Gie Kumar and Matthew Kumar. Shalendra is the husband, Reggie, is the brother of Matthew, but I thought that Catalina and Gie Kumar were her sisters???.
I am reading that , the population of Fiji is mostly made up of native Fijians, (54.3%), and Indian (38.1%), descendants of Indian contract laborers brought to the islands by the British colonial powers. The first religion is Christianity and the second Hinduism.
In short, I think Beltraneja and Gawin are saying the same thing.
Old 11-23-2018, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
I found a website with this information from Matthew's mother, Age: 65 , and people related to her, Shalendra Kumar, Reggie Kumar, Catalina Kumar, Gie Kumar and Matthew Kumar. Shalendra is the husband, Reggie, is the brother of Matthew, but I thought that Catalina and Gie Kumar were her sisters???.
I am reading that , the population of Fiji is mostly made up of native Fijians, (54.3%), and Indian (38.1%), descendants of Indian contract laborers brought to the islands by the British colonial powers. The first religion is Christianity and the second Hinduism.
In short, I think Beltraneja and Gawin are saying the same thing.
I think Gie is a nickname for Reggie.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Majesty

Catalina may be the wife of Reggie.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

And it looks like Reggie was born a few months before his parents got married.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

We could very well see a gathering of the Danish and Spanish cousins at the wedding next year.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.