Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have read that the compromise was on December 20 in Port Heli, Greece.He give to Tatiana a ring that belongs to his mother Queen Anne Marie (It was a gift of Queen Ingrid to Anne Marie) .. The official photo has not been made by the time it will be made after the holidays.

Where did you read it?Because the greek media says the engagement took place the day after christmas.

I can't wait for the press conference so as the couple can tell us all about it!!

Congratulations to the couple! IMO it was high time they made it official! Looking forward to the wedding!!! :flowers:

Very happy , Nicolaos is not that young .Why do they wait such a long time ?

Great news, and an occasion to see all family gathered very soon !

Good news!
All the best to them:flowers:

Where did you read it?Because the greek media says the engagement took place the day after christmas.

I can't wait for the press conference so as the couple can tell us all about it!!

I have a Greek friend who told me this in the mensseger, I don´t knows where he read it but the Press Releases is signed in Athens

This is wonderful news for the family and a lovely way to end the year. It would be great if they married at Westminster Cathedral in London!

Congratulations !!!! Beltraneja is possible that your friend is right but I think your friend is confused at the time, I think this has been the past Sundays or after Christmas.

Congratulations to the couple! Ms. Baltnik will be a wonderful addition to the Greek royal family. I am looking forward to seeing wedding photos.

Well, I hope they will release engagement pictures and maybe a little interview.
The press release was really pretty short. ;)

I wonder what the wedding will be like. I would love to see a wedding in Greece (is that likely at all?) or a nice wedding in the UK.

I also hope that a little biography of the bride will be released. There is nearly nothing known about her...

May they have a long life and prosper. I am happy to hear news of the betrothal of Tatiana Blatnik to Prince Nikolaos.Next year the calendar will have a many royal nuptials.

Yay! I'm so happy! Congrats! I wonder where the wedding would take place and when. The next few months should be fun!

Congratulations !!!! Beltraneja is possible that your friend is right but I think your friend is confused at the time, I think this has been the past Sundays or after Christmas.

Excuseme it is posible that I have interpreted bad his word, my friend said me"last sunday" and I thought that it was the 20 december but the "last sunday" was yesterday.

I have reviewed the Press Releases , it is very short ,it says "our son..." it doesn't says "Prince Nikolaos"" ,I think it has a private character,in the act have not been present the family of Tatiana, the official announcement with the two families and photo will be after the holidays, I think.

In my opinion, it has a private character, but it is not "the official announcement",with families

http://www.greekroyalfamily.org/index.cfm?get=news&show=releases&ItemID=246

All the best to the lovely couple! :flowers:

According to Billed-Bladet, the wedding will probably take place in London in 2011, but this is unconfirmed.

I wonder if the wedding will be as low-key as the announcement. Posting a one-line statement on a website -- with no pictures or word of a news conference -- during the week between Christmas and New Year's would seem to suggest that someone doesn't want much publicity about this.

The couple keeps a low profile, so perhaps they want to keep the happy events out of the spotlight. I can certainly respect that!

Well, i'm afraid you're right. Althought i'd prefair an open wedding to the Athens Cathedral, i'm afraid that Nikolaos prefers to do that in a chapel in a small island or so...

This is wonderful news for the family and a lovely way to end the year. It would be great if they married at Westminster Cathedral in London!

Are you serious? An Orthodox Greek Prince marries only in St Sophia's Greek Orthodox Cathedral but in that case i think Nikolaos will marry in Greece...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't the cathedral been the spiritual home of the Greek royal family since World War II? Pavlos married Marie-Chantal there and I expect Nikolaos will also marry there.

Congrats to the fabulous couple! I was so hoping for this announcement.

Hasn't the cathedral been the spiritual home of the Greek royal family since World War II? Pavlos married Marie-Chantal there and I expect Nikolaos will also marry there.

Pavlos and Marie Chantal got married in the Church of St Sofia in London.
The Metropolis Cathedral in Athens would be a lovely place for Nikolaos and Tatiana.
It is being refurbished to its past glory and this is where K Constantine and Q Anne Marie were married...
How wonderful...Congratulations to the lovely couple.
The ring has special meaning. It seems like the Queen always loved Tatiana.

:previous: Yes I believe she will be fashioned HRH Princess Nikolaos of Greece.

Yes, she will be Princess of Greece and Denmark.

I hope their wedding will be a public affair, so we can enjoy it too. It might seem like being egoist, but we all love the pair. Anyway, may they be very happy!

I have a question; (sorry for my ignorance), why she will be Princess Nikolaos, and not Princess Tatiana? I dont understand it

it would be very nice that it would be into Athens cathedral, 45 years after of wedding of the Kings of Greece,it was the last royal wedding in Greece.

I have a question; (sorry for my ignorance), why she will be Princess Nikolaos, and not Princess Tatiana? I dont understand it
I think this is the official title that is given to the wife of a Prince.
Marie Chantal's official title also has her husband's name in it. She is titled HRH Crown Princess Pavlos.

Back
Top Bottom