Engagement of Prince Nikolaos & Tatiana Blatnik 28 Dec 2009 & pre-wedding information

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The article says that her parents were never married?Or some things are lost in translation??

Yes, that's right. The translation of that particular sentence is quite accurate.

It says their parents were not married, but the children bear the father's name, I think this could be because his father was Catholic, Catholic marriage is indissoluble,His father could not have obtained the dissolution of her first marriage by Vatican, and he was married in a civil with the mother of Tatiana.... or expecting obtain the disssolution of Catholic marriage(as Carolina of Monaco and Casiragui)She has two brothers: her brother is Igor and her sister is Anouchka Blatnik

Her other brother is said to be a halfbrother called Boris.

Source: Nobiliana

In her facebook she only speak of two brothers, Igor and Anouchka. It does not speak of Boris. it is possible that the facebook could be false

The Facebook is real, I won't go into details, but we have a friend in common and it is her.

The Facebook is real, I won't go into details, but we have a friend in common and it is her.

I wonder if prince Nikolaos has a Facebook account as well?

I believe that it is true but it does not refer to Boris, it only speaks of Igor and her sister ...It is possible that she has not relation with others stepbrothers. Anouchka is similar to Tatiana, she is the woman that is with her in picture of facebook.

Tatiana Blatnik | Facebook

they are very similar.When will the official picture be??

According to the press release, they have taken an official engagement photo, which will be distributed to the press at the end of the press conference. I think it is great that they're having the press conference in Greece. I hope that this means the wedding will also take place in Greece.

I´d like to know three things:
1. Tatiana´s exact date of birth
2. Her place of birth
3. Her nationality

Maybe someone asks those questions at the press conference.:whistling:

Finally we know the date for the press conference. How nice that it will take place in Greece. :flowers:
I'm really curious what we'll get to know about Tatiana Blatnik. I hope they'll also announce the wedding date and the place of the wedding during the conference.

If the photo will be distribute to the end of conference, it is because it has already been made, I think this past weekend could have been done the photo. I think that the wedding will be in Greece, the announce in Athens(Porto Heli) and Press conference in Athens, the wedding only can be in Greece

Why do they call it an informal press-conference at the greek edition of the site??Will there be another official one?

Why do they call it an informal press-conference at the greek edition of the site??Will there be another official one?

IMO If the press conference is to be in Greece they are very wise to call it unofficial .... :whistling:

Viv

IMO If the press conference is to be in Greece they are very wise to call it unofficial .... :whistling:

Viv

You are right i haven't thought of that!!

No matter how they call it, the Greek people and government have no problem with the affairs of the former royal family. Except for Constantine and Anne-Marie who are historically important since they were at some point diadoch/king and queen respectively, the rest of the former royal family of Greece are treated as regular celebrities. Rarely, if ever, anything is written about them in the official "legit" press. In contrast, pictures and news about them, along with singers, actors etc, appear constantly in Greek tabloids (the equivalent of the Enquirer) and glossy magazines like Hola.

Also, the "legit" press gives publicity to various events attended by the Queen of Spain and princess Irene, who are both extremely popular among the people.

I agree with you, I think this greek family looks like Greek Royal Celebrities but only Queen Anne-Marie and Alexia look like queen and pricess. It's because thier both sons chose women (marie-chantal and tatiana) who come from rich family. I'm a very disappoinited. I hope philipos will choose a woman who have a job like every woman.

Thank you for the pics.....does anyone know if they announced a date for their wedding??

Is there any close up photos of the ring?
in one of the pictures i think that it looked like a saphire (blue like the greek flag).

I agree with you, I think this greek family looks like Greek Royal Celebrities but only Queen Anne-Marie and Alexia look like queen and pricess. It's because thier both sons chose women (marie-chantal and tatiana) who come from rich family. I'm a very disappoinited. I hope philipos will choose a woman who have a job like every woman.

I thought Tatiana was from a regular family, is that not so? Maybe upper middle-class but not wealthy like the Millers.

I see no problem with the sons marrying wealthy ladies. Its the reality of all royalty. We royal watchers like to think that these families live in rarified air with no really financial realities with which to contend. But I have no doubt that they have do deal with money realities, just like the rest of us. Do I think Pavlos and Marie have a love match, yes. I've seen nothing that shows they don't love one another. Do I think King Constantine approved the match and Pavlos allowed himself to fall for Marie with full knowledge of how her fortune could eliviate some of the financial burdens of the GRF, yes. If Tatiana comes from a wealthy family...good for her. To me, that just means they will will have a some stressors for married & family lifee relieved for these two.

Strange event: No one of Tatiana´s family there and Queen Anne-Marie IMO looks horrible. Tatiana herself looks very nice although a had wished a dress once again for a engaged woman. Any knowledge now about her exact date of birth, birthplace and nationality?

Back
Top Bottom