Carlos Morales "influence peddling" investigation - June 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They speak the type of process, which could continue to prosecute this crime, the prosecutor asks for "Proceso abreviado", this is a normal process type .This means that soon, in less than a month, I think, the judge will dictates an Order, it will says if Carlos Morales has to go to trial or drop the case.

Last edited:
My God, How long does a trial in Spain?

They speak the type of process, which could continue to prosecute this crime, the prosecutor asks for "Proceso abreviado", this is a normal process type .This means that soon, in less than a month, I think, the judge will dictates an Order, it will says if Carlos Morales has to go to trial or drop the case.

Beltraneja ,If the Judge would says it is not archive and it would celebrates one trial. Do you think Carlos Morales could go to the prison?

No I think he will not go prison ,the result of this crime could be the demolition of the house and the important compensation.

Although we are on the 4th page of this thread there is very little in it stating exctly what the charges (or accusations) against Carlos Morales are.
The best that I can find is in post #27 by Sg1fan:
Sg1fan said:
According to the Spanish and Danish press Carlos is a person of interest in an investigation of bribery and corruption of various mayors and public officials in Lanzarote (and possibly elsewhere in Spain) in regards to contracts for buildings and land. Carlos is a successful architect and owns an additional firm that consults for companies bidding in the area. That is as far as the official record goes.

No I think he will not go prison ,the result of this crime could be the demolition of the house and the important compensation.

Demolition of their house:ohmy:? That would be awful, in my opinion because it would affect his wife and children. It will be interesting to see what the judge decides.

Demolition of their house:ohmy:? That would be awful, in my opinion because it would affect his wife and children. It will be interesting to see what the judge decides.

They actually do that in some parts of the US.

If you violated the code and the law, why should you benefit from doing so? And if it is allowed to remain, whats to stop the next person of doing that and getting away with it as well?

But as Warren stated, so far nothing concrete has been given as to why Carlos is being accused of this.

A lot of houses who have been built in Spain without proper consent have been demolished.

Has anything ever come of this?

It seems that there are problems in the investigation, the instructor judge(Pamparacuatro) has been replaced by another judge(Maria Lucia), the new judge is decoupled from the work carried out by the former because she believes that his research is full of errors(disorder and chaos in the research). OTHER NEWS ABOUT PRINCESS ALEXIA AND CARLOS: Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, the former President of the Government of Spain, he could be the new neighbor of Princess Alexia, he has bought one house next to Princess´s House.

Having this matter attract more attention right now is probably the last thing the SRF would want. Even though Carlos is more removed from King Juan Carlos than Inaki, it wouldn't look good. (Although, hopefully, Carlos will be cleared.)

Carlos Morales case is very different and of different intensity than that of Inaki. Carlos Morales is involved in an indirect way, the judge investigates all projects made during the mandate of one Mayor, are many builders, architects investigated, Carlos Morales drew up a draft plan of edification, this was never carried out. The judge is investigating whether there was preferential treatment in hiring it. He could be disabled for a period of time for the exercise of his profession, if it would be demonstrated. Iñaki's case is much more serious, but much more.

That's very interesting -- thanks for explaining Carlos' case. Still, I'm sure the King would like to see it all go away!

My God, who will be next? The worst thing in all this is how slow everything is dragged out until one is proven guilty or not. Meanwhile, lives are disrupted and destroyed.

It is one good news to the Morales family, I am happy by them. His cause has been archived. it is very good news. I agree with you.

Last edited:
Thanks to God! I thought things were slow in Brasil, but my oh my, they sure drag them in Spain!

The wheels of justice do seem to turn slowly in Spain...

I wonder if they will lose the house. I was surprised to see how huge it is: 1,200 square meters= almost 13,000 square feet!

no, they will not lose the house, they extended the house, this expansion is the problem, if the administration says that this extension is incorrect, they will have to demolish the part of house enlarged but not the house.

That's good. I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the property itself could be rezoned anyway, so the whole thing may turn out OK.

:flowers:The lawsuits against Carlos Morales have been archived.
According to the judicial authority, there is no evidence that Carlos could have committed ​​an urban offense. The Prosecutor believes that of the research is concluded that there is no evidence that Carlos Morales committed a urban offense.

La justicia rehabilita a Carlos Morales - La Provincia - Diario de Las Palmas

Forgive me for the translation yet it is very hard to explain, my english is bad but I hope that you may understand it.:sad:
I do not know much about the law, but the legal process has two phases one, is the investigation and other the trial. One difference: Suspect person and accused person , is not the same. the suspect(in spanish "imputado") is being investigated by one possible offense. And the accused person, the investigation has ended and the judge considered that existence of evidences that he has committed one offense, .....
Carlos Morales was suspected("imputado"), the judicial authority archives suspicion because there NO evidences or proofs.
IN CONCLUSION, IN RESUME: Carlos Morales is free from suspicion, he has no legal problems,:clap: .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom