50th anniversary of the death of King Paul I of Greece: March 2014.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
Greek Royal Family and Spanish Royal Family will mark this week the 50th anniversary of the death of King Paul.

March 5 - Screening of a documentary about King Paul

March 6 - Ceremony at Tatoi

Marie Chatal photographs her children before flying to Athens

.@mariechantal22 | On our way to Greece

The news in the Spanish press

Queen Sofia attends tomorrow in Athens the screening of a documentary about her father, King Paul I, and Thursday will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his death at a funeral ceremony at the Palace of Tatoi, to be attended by Prince and Princess Asturias and Infanta Elena and Cristina.

La Reina y sus hijos conmemoran en Grecia el 50 aniversario muerte Pablo I. Granada - Ideal

Traductor de Google

Facebook page about the documentary

https://www.facebook.com/KingPavlosDoc

No Ordinary King -

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the links Lula. Were Prince Michael of Greece and Princess Irene among those interviewed? Wasn't sure if it was them or not. I did recognize King Constantine and Queen Sofia.

Thank you for the links Lula. Were Prince Michael of Greece and Princess Irene among those interviewed? Wasn't sure if it was them or not. I did recognize King Constantine and Queen Sofia.

Princess Irene appears by the end of the video, 1:15, I think.

Prince Michael was in it. I have been searching for more information on the Documentary, everything i saw said it would have been released in 2013 and couldn't find anymore info. I am SO glad they didn't scrap the whole project. I don't know where it will be released but I would love to buy it asap :)

Where did take the ceremony? In greece?

Today documentary premieres, all the members of the Royal Greek family, including grandchildren, the children of Prince Paul are in Athens, and I think it will be princess Alexia and her children. Tomorrow will be celebrated the memorial mass by King Paul , in Tatoi´s cementery , in it will be , royal family of Greece and royal family of Spain, with Queen, Princes Felipe and Letizia, and Infantas, Elena and Cristina. It is private.

in these videos, in the second is King Constantine, the Queen Sofia, Princess Irene and Prince Michael.
LA FAMILIA REAL GRIEGA: MAÑANA SE ESTRENA EL DOCUMENTAL SOBRE VIDA DEL REY PABLO DE GRECIA

Last edited:
The screening will be held today, Wednesday, at 18.15 in Athens Center.

I talked with a friend who says the documentary is very well and is very fair, I'm looking forward to seeing it, but today, it is the premiere private. The trailer is very nice I would wish the documentary would be just as nice. The King Paul was great King.

The today's screening is private, on invitation only, and the venue is full. I do not know how we can watch it afterwards, is it going to pass on TV?

To show you that also the GREEK royal Family, and not just the spanish one :-( watched the documentary:

Instagram (from Marie-Chantal´s Instagram)

Is there much interest in Greece with the visit by the Greek & Spanish Royal Families to mark the anniversary of King Paul's death?

It´s great to see the GRF gathering in Athens for King Paul´s 50th anniverary.

It´s great to see the GRF gathering in Athens for King Paul´s 50th anniverary.

Yes its wonderful to see the Greek & Spanish Royal Families together to mark this solemn anniversary.

I haven´t pictures of Princes Philippos and Theodora, but they are at the event, I have seen a video of a Spanish newscast, when Paul and Marie Chantal with their children arreved to the Hotel for dinner with Queen Sophia and the family , behind of Paul and Marie Chantal, I have could see to the Prince Philippos and Princess Theodora, he was very handsome, and Theodora with her black hair, but I can not find pictures of them.:bang::bang::bang:

Theodora doesn't have black hair ? Did HRH prince Phillip attend ? Or king Pauls nephews , HM king michael, or HRH the duke of Aosta. Or HRH the crown prince Alexander or Princess Katherine's son , Paul brandham( I think that's his name )?

Ok I see Cp Alexander

Awesome . I hope they will make it available for the public

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice that so many members of the extended Greek RF attended.

I spotted the Margrave and Margravine of Baden, CP Alexander and CPss Katherine of Serbia, Prince Michel and his wife Marina as well. Is Pss Margarita of Roumania expected too? A pity that the king of Spain couldn't make it to his father-in-laws memorial. Did princess Alexia's husband attend the event?

Last edited:
Marie-Chantal has 2 pictures of her sons with the poster of King Paul. She remarks on the resemblance between the boys and their great grandfather.

I dont want to rain on anyone's parade, but I just dont get this. Why hold a "memorial" service for someone who died 50 years ago?

Or is it a covert golden jubilee service?

^^Why not? People like to remember family members who died, specially if it's their father. The anniversary of a death is a good day to reunite the family and remember a dear family member who is no longer with us. Many families do that: reunite for a mass/memorial service for deceased family members. Of course, when your father was the King, things are bigger: there is documentaries, etc, etc. Normal. The fact that he died 50 years ago doesn't make any difference.

EDIT:
Vassilis Koutsavlis ‏@royalobserverGR 5h
Princess Alexandra of Hanover, daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco is in Athens according to some media for the King Paul doc.

Has anyone see her there? Why would she be there, is she related to King Paul?

Princess Alexandra of Hanover, daughter of Princess Caroline of Monaco is in Athens according to some media for the King Paul doc.

If I recall correctly, King Paul's consort, Queen Frederika, was a Princess of Hanover by birth. Maybe Princess Alexandra is representing the Hanoverian Royal Family.

^^
EDIT:
Vassilis Koutsavlis ‏@royalobserverGR 5h

Coulkd also be a mistake, There are 2 other Princesses Alexandra of Hannover who are closer related to King Paul. The widow of his brother-in-law Prince Welf, and his niece Alexamdra, Fürstin zu Leiningen, the sister of Prince Ernst August.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom