The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme: June 2009-Feb 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very nice to see the princess. She looks like she is going to give birth any day now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic 1 : with the great french actor Jean Piat , i am impressed !

I read his interview in Point de Vue after the latest run in with his father.
The Duc de Vendome sounds bitter towards his father and the father turns around and publishes a letter regarding his son's "non sense" suggesting that the Duc is not actually the heir but the eldest son Francois who is handicaped is. He brings the example of Louis XV who was declared king at age 5 and had a regent.
It seems that resentment runs deep and time has not healed their wounds.

Ehm, sorry...Didn't Henri disinherit Prince François in 2006???

I have myself a handicaped son , he is like a normal belgian citizin and he votes like all the belgians. He will never be disherited , but his older brother has be nominated by a judge as administrator of his aware.
I do not think that Prince François has been desinherited by his father.

iceflower,
Thanks for the update on activities of Duke and Duchess of Vendome! Princess Philomena looked so serene and glowing.

Ehm, sorry...Didn't Henri disinherit Prince François in 2006???

This passage is from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Fran%C3%A7ois,_Count_of_Clermont), and it also accords with my prior understanding of the events:

"In accordance with his handicap, in 1962, [Prince François'] grandfather decided to remove François from the order of succession in favor of his younger brother, Jean, duke of Vendôme. On 6 March 2003, François' father, Henri, reversed that decision if not the outcome, by leaving François as titular head but having Jean assume duties as heir apparent.

In 2006, the website of that Royal Family announced François was passed over in favour of his younger brother and Regent, Prince Jean, Duke of Vendôme."

Of course, all of this refers to François' role and position regarding the line of succession, and it has nothing to do with his rights to inherit property.

I have myself a handicaped son , he is like a normal belgian citizin and he votes like all the belgians. He will never be disherited , but his older brother has be nominated by a judge as administrator of his aware.
Calypoint2 has understood what I mean: I don't refer to the "usual" patrimonial inheritance; I was referring to his place in the Line of Succession.

:previous:

Sadly, I wouldn't rush to conclude that there has been a real reconciliation. The photograph of the three generations of Orléans princes was taken the day before the baptism of Prince Gaston... and the Duke of Vendôme neither informed his father of the impending baptism nor invited him to the ceremony. This information appeared in Noblesse et Royautés, where it was confirmed by Philippe Delorme (post #63), who happened to be with the Count of Paris on the same day that the photograph was taken.

Les voeux du duc de Vendôme | Noblesse & Royautés

Well ... it is sad to learn that the relationships are still strained. :sad::sad: Most people, who commented on the photo, expressed their happiness seeing the three generations of the French royal family.

Well, it is disappointing to learn that there are still riffs in the family, but not unlike most families who are feuding among one another yet put on the smiles for event pictures.

The Duke of Vendome travelled by train to the 22eme Salon
du livre (a book fair) in Montaigu, France to present his book
"Un Prince Francais" on April 10, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Prince Jean d'Orleans and Princess Philomena, Duke and Duchess of
Vendome, celebrated their first wedding anniversary with a journey
to New York from April 27 to 29. On April 27 these cute pics with
five-month old Prince Gaston were taken at the Central Park.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for the photos!
Prince Gaston is an adorable baby. Duke and Duchess of Vendome appears to be a happy couple. I wonder about the reasons of visiting New York. Does Prince Jean promote his book in the USA?

Indeed he is very cute!
Maybe they visited New York just on vacation, although a very short vacation (I'm figuring the Prince and the Princess finding a last-minute fly to NY).

I was wondering, does Philomena have a job?

You're welcome :flowers:

As I've already written, it was said to be a wedding anniversary trip,
a book promotion tour to the USA/New York wasn't mentioned, so
I think it's been a private journey.

Quite delighted by these pix ! It is so rare to get news from that lovely family !

All children want their parnets to stay together no matter how old they are.
But this is not the situation Prince Jean parent's are not legally married nomore.
I hope father and son can work out there problems life is too short to be angry
at each other for long periods of time.

Thank so much for the pictures, iceflower. They're lovely and Gaston is just adorable and growing like a weed.:flowers:

You are most welcome :flowers: Another chance to see little Gaston,
this time in the UK:

Prince Jean d'Orleans (with family) gave a speech in presence of the
the major of Twickenham and the major of Chantilly at the Orleans
House in Twickenham, London, May 11, 2010. Prince Jean d'Orleans
was starting a five-day bike ride for a team of 10 cyclists from
Twickenham to Chantilly, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I think it's nice we get to see Gaston regularly since his birth !

It's so cute to see Gaston's parents dote on him. I love the smile on Prince Jean's face whenever he looks at his son.:flowers:

It's kind of unusual that they take him to official events, but in my
eyes it's wonderful that they are doing so - yesterday all three
attended a ceremony in Paris and once again you can see the
parents' joy..:)

Prince Jean d'Orleans, Princess Philomena, their son Prince Gaston
and French culture minister Frederic Mitterand took part at a wreath
laying ceremony to commemorate the 400th anniversary of the death
of King Henri IV. The ceremony took place on Rue de la Ferronerie -
the Parisian side street where King Henri was assassinated. Paris,
France, May 14, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thanks for photos!
I have to say that Duke and Duchess of Vendome are awfully fortunate to have such a calm baby as Prince Gaston.

Thank you iceflower! I love the fourth picture!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that Luis Alfonso de Borbon, for the legitimists duke of Anjou, also attended the commemoration. Nice that the two men can attend this together without Italian scenes (the incident between the prince of Naples and the duke of Aosta in Madrid, 2004 ;)).

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=32642

Prince Charles Emmanuel of Bourbon-Parma and his wife Constance also attended the mass.

---

After they brought little Gaston home (I hope), they were present at a party near the statue of Henri IV at Pont Neuf in Paris:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=32700

And indeed, Paris is well worth a mass ;).

Last edited:
The Duchess yes..I really doubt the Duke of Vendome was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom