Royal Families of France 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
didn t princess Helene marry count Evrard of Limburg-Stirum? I believe she is a widow by now but still lives in Belgium (with her various children & grand children). She is the 2nd daughter of the late count and the late countess of Paris. (in 'l'album de ma vie' of the late countess of paris -what a lady!!!- she is refered to as 'ma tendre helene', so she must be a very nice lady)

Hrh Prince Dom Rafael

Hrh Princess Dona Isabel

Hrh Princess Clotilde

Hrh Princess Helene

Hrh Princess Isabelle Comtesse De Paris

Hrh Princess Dona Maria

Hrh Prince Dom Pedro

Hrh Princess Isabelle Madame La Comtesse De Paris

Hrh Princess Claude

Hrh Princess Isabelle (eldest Sister Of The Present Duc De France)

Attachments

• orleans_braganza_DomRafaelAntonio.jpg
    orleans_braganza_DomRafaelAntonio.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4,225
  • orleans_braganza_Dona_IsabelEleonora.jpg
    orleans_braganza_Dona_IsabelEleonora.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 4,249
  • orleansClothilde.jpg
    orleansClothilde.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 4,225
  • orleanshelene.jpg
    orleanshelene.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4,185
  • ORLEANS_isabelle_de_paris_2.jpg
    ORLEANS_isabelle_de_paris_2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 4,355
  • orleans_braganza_Dona_MariaGloriaCristina.jpg
    orleans_braganza_Dona_MariaGloriaCristina.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 4,261
  • ORLEANS_BRAGANZA_DonPedro.jpg
    ORLEANS_BRAGANZA_DonPedro.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 4,158
  • orleans_isabelle.jpg
    orleans_isabelle.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4,832
  • orleansfran30.jpg
    orleansfran30.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 4,210
  • orleansfran27.jpg
    orleansfran27.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 4,270
Last edited by a moderator:
Hrh Prince Don Francisco

Hrh The Duc De France Comte De Paris

Hrh Princess Michaela Duchess De France Princess De Joinville

Hirh Prince Dom Antonio

Hrh Prince Eudes And His Wife Hrh Princess Marie Liesse (of The Princely House Of Rohan Chabot) The Couple Now Have Two Children A Girl And A Boy.

Hrh Prince Charles Phillipe And His Girl Friend, Countess Elizabeth Who Is The Sister Of Crown Princess Mathilde Of Belgium.

Hrh Princess Dona Christine (born Princess Christine Of Ligne)

Its Actually Quite Hard To Find Pictures Of The Current French Royals So I Thought I Would Add Some Pictures Of Previous French Royals And Broaden The Thread To Include The Bonapartes.
Here Is A Picture Of Hih Prince Louis The Prince Imperial Who Was Killed By The Zulus In Africa In 1879.

His Mother The Empress Eugenie. She Is A Hero Of Mine, I Have Read A Lot About Her. She Was Very Beautiful, Brave, And It Was Said About Her That Her Moral Character Was As Beautiful As Her Face.

Another Picture Of The Empress Eugenie, She Died In 1920, Its Amazing But There Are Still People Alive Who Met Her. The Empress Was Born In 1824 And Was 96 When She Died. The Empress Was Married To Napoleon 111 Who As A Boy Sat On The Knee Of Napoleon 1 Who Was Born In 1769. It Brings The Generations Really Close And The Empress Is Kind Of Current. Looking At History Like That Makes History Come Alive. ;)

Attachments

• orleans_braganza_DonFrancisco.jpg
    orleans_braganza_DonFrancisco.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 923
  • orleans_Comte.jpg
    orleans_Comte.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,104
  • orleans_Comtesse.jpg
    orleans_Comtesse.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 4,144
  • ORLEANS_BRAGANZA_DomAntonio.jpg
    ORLEANS_BRAGANZA_DomAntonio.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 4,113
  • orleanseudes.jpg
    orleanseudes.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 748
  • orleans_charles_phillipe_and_comtesse_elizabeth.jpg
    orleans_charles_phillipe_and_comtesse_elizabeth.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4,197
  • ORLEANS_BRAGANZA_DonaChristine.jpg
    ORLEANS_BRAGANZA_DonaChristine.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 4,121
  • pcimperial.jpg
    pcimperial.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 673
  • eugeniemontijo1826_8.jpg
    eugeniemontijo1826_8.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 731
  • eugenie1a.jpg
    eugenie1a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 4,221
HRH PRINCESS ISABELLE COMTESSE DE PARIS, (SHE WAS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN EUROPE) I RECKON SHE PROBABLY WAS TOO!

HRH PRINCESS VICTORIA OF BOURBON TWO SICILIES, GRAND DAUGHTER OF THE COUNT AND COUNTESS OF PARIS. WOW SHE IS A BABE!

HRH Prince Folques of France born in 1974 (i have`nt spelt his name correctly i think)

TRH Prince Charles Louis and Princess Illena on their wedding day. The couple have four children. Princess Illena is of Greek Descent, nee Illena Manos.

HRH Princess Isabelle Comtesse De Paris. A portrait from a black and white original.

Attachments

• ORLEANS_Comtesse1.jpg
    ORLEANS_Comtesse1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 801
  • vikiface.jpg
    vikiface.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4,171
  • orleansfoulques1974.jpg
    orleansfoulques1974.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 4,134
  • orleanscharles1972.jpg
    orleanscharles1972.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4,192
  • orleans_isabella1911_2.jpg
    orleans_isabella1911_2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 4,147
Ive just realized i,ve practically always used the caps lock on when i,ve been typing. :blush: I,m not shouting, honest. its more Ive got a head like a sift and i type painfully slow, with only one finger, so im concentrating on the letters and i tend to forget about all else. by the way what does anyone think about this topic, of trying to post pictures and info on the Royals of France? if anyone out there has any pictures...

Originally posted by ILOVEABBA@Nov 1st, 2003 - 6:07 pm
HRH PRINCESS VICTORIA OF BOURBON TWO SICILIES, GRAND DAUGHTER OF THE COUNT AND COUNTESS OF PARIS. WOW SHE IS A BABE!
She married Mr. Markos Nomikos in Almagro (Spain) on September 27th 2003

To Count Von Schonborn-Wiesentheid. Thank you so much for this post it really adds to this topic, where did you get the excellent photographs? :D :)

I have noticed this in all the pictures on this thread of the French royals: Does anyone else notice that they have very haunting eyes. They give me cold chills! Their eyes are so ghostly.

I too admire the posts to this thread and lovely pictures shown of two French Queens - perhaps the most beautiful French royal ladies of the 19th and 20th centuries - Empress Eugenie and Isabelle Countess of Paris.

I now wish to remember and post about the most beautiful French Queen of the 18th century, the Queen both Eugenie and Isabelle most admired - HRH Queen Marie Antoinette. Late in life HRH Isabelle even wrote a book MOI MARIE-ANTOINETTE.

Attached is one of the last paintings of HRH Queen Marie Antoinette, en bleu velors, painted in 1788, just a year before the beginning of the French Revolution, by the Queen's favorite painter Elizabeth Vigee LeBrun.

Axel

Attachments

• 01_MA_1788_closeup.jpg
    01_MA_1788_closeup.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4,099
Axel ;) thanks for the lovely picture of Queen Marie Antoinette I hope to add a few more pictures of her later on.
Below is a picture of Marshall MacMahon I know i,m going a little off topic but he was a Marshall of France and his son married Princess Marguerite of France, so he is connected in a way. Marshall MacMahon is also a direct male line descendant of King Brian Boru first High King of Ireland. The family found their way to France and ultimately married into the Royal Family of France.

The picture below. :blush:

Attachments

• MAGENTA.jpg
    MAGENTA.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 4,092
MacMahon was also President of the (Third) French Republic. His father was a Marshal under Napoleon I and received the honoric title "Duc de Magenta" for heroism during the Napoleonic Wars.

" HRH PRINCESS VICTORIA OF BOURBON TWO SICILIES, GRAND DAUGHTER OF THE COUNT AND COUNTESS OF PARIS. WOW SHE IS A BABE!"

Yes, she is.

hi i noticed this thread has passed the two thousand views mark. yeah!!!

a question for you - do you think it is worth pursuing with this thread considering how hard it is to find up to date info on the french royals?

one place for up to date photographs ive found is a french language website - if i can get this right?

`l'actualitie l'association unite capitienne`

it show collections of pics of french royals and nobles and beautiful people generally at various social events raising money for good causes and so forth. there are a lot of pics of prince charles phillipe and his girlfriend comtesse elizabeth, princess mathilde's sister.

any word or rumour on those two getting engaged?

I cant remember the exact link but on the French version of the Count of Paris's webpage there was a poll conducted on the regime the french would most like to see. Over 50% actualy opted for a monarchy over the republic, however that majority was hoplessly torn between Orleans, Bourbon and Bonapart regeims. The Imperial regeime was deffinatley the least popular and as the French Empire is defunct they are least likely to return to the throne. The Orleans and Bourbons however both have good claims, however it all rests on the treaty of Utrcht. Louis Boubon only has a claim on French beacuse his Grandfather who was heir to spain renounced claim for him self and decendents to the Spanish throne on the grounds he was handicapped (mute or deaff, cant remember which now) however as Snr Bourbon line by decent with now no claim on Spain it raises despute over the Treaty of Utrcht. If you follow the 'spirit' of the treaty Louis has no claim, however if you consider that he has no rights on the Spanish throne then the Treaty becomes academic. Alot of French Monarchists like Louis however he lives in Spain where as Henri Orleans bothers to live in France.

As for their involvement in French affairs, officaly they do not have a role, however I have seen verious photos of the Henri Orleans (Count of Paris) and his family have been in attendence at some French State Functions as VIP guests. I think they may play an unofficial role in promoting French business and affairs?

Henri is only Orléans... Not Orléans et Bragançe as his mother Isabelle,

Thanks for your input--keep it coming!! ;) :flower:

I would like to have information and pictures on Diane d'Orleans, one of the grandchildren of the late countess of Paris.

Princess Diane is engaged to be married to the viscount of Noailles.

The viscount is 18 years older than her and has (like Diane) never been married before.

I believe the wedding will take place in Septemeber.

Some older pictures:

from 1998

Diane is the woman on the left

INAUGURATION OF CHAMPS ELYSEES VUITTON SHOP: Laetitia Scherrer, Emmanuel de Brantes and Diane d'Orleans.

http://pro.corbis.com/images/0000338589-02...6-5c13281e2b0e}

Diane at her grandmother's 90th birthday, next to her cousin Adélaïde.

http://pro.corbis.com/images/0000381306-01...c-fcf8bdf3aecd}

With her grandmother, the countess of Paris, in 1995

http://pro.corbis.com/images/0000311321-01...3-416fdb1aeab4}

are there any pic of Louis Alphose de Bourbon?

and another question-whatever happen to the royal jewels? did they disappear during the revolution?

Royal Family of Orleans

does anybody know anything about this family? i've been trying to find information and all i got is that michel married beatrice and had 3 children, adelaide, françois and clotilde... :)

ILoveCristina said:
Does anybody think France will ever be a monarchy again?
I have been thinking that there is not many people in France has interested to have another monarchy constitution, because all of the French I met always give a negative answer (no) for the same question I asked them. Well I should go around France to be sure.

Last edited:
ILOVEABBA said:
HRH PRINCE EUDES AND HIS WIFE HRH PRINCESS MARIE LIESSE (OF THE PRINCELY HOUSE OF ROHAN CHABOT) THE COUPLE NOW HAVE TWO CHILDREN A GIRL AND A BOY.
I am afraid there is nothing as "Princely House" in France. In France "Prince" is a status, meaning "belonging to the royal family". All princes of so and so are foreign titles.
The Rohan-Chabot family is a ducal house, a very honourable one, and part of the Chabot family, a very ancient french noble family.
You may have mistaken the House of Rohan Chabot" with the House of Rohan, now austrian who, as being a cadet line of the extinct sovereign House of Brittany, was given the status of "Foreign Prince" in France.

ILOVEABBA said:
HRH Prince Folques of France born in 1974 (i have`nt spelt his name correctly i think)
SAR le prince Foulques d'Orléans (HRH the Prince Foulques d'Orleans). Only the head of the Orleans family, his children and the children of his elder son are caled : "N of France", the others are "N of Orleans".

grecka said:
It will be a cold day in hell before there's another King of France. Nobody wants it, and France is better off as a republic than as a monarchy, as almost every country that has changed from monarchy to republic is.
Well it's your opinion. I am not certain at all that nobody wants a king in France. A lot of British don't want to belong to the common market, a lot of French don't want prices in euros, and so on. Opinion is often moving.

semisquare said:
are there any pic of Louis Alphose de Bourbon?
See Louis-Alphonse Of Bourbon forum

semisquare said:
and another question-whatever happen to the royal jewels? did they disappear during the revolution?
They were maily sold by the republican government circ 1880. Some of them were bought back and are in the Louvre Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom