Royal Families of France 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me some information about Duchess Diana of Cadaval and family?

Princess Robijn said:
Can someone give me some information about Duchess Diana of Cadaval and family?
Diana belongs to the second most traditional family in Portugal, which is a colateral branch of the family of the Dukes of Bragança (i.e., the kings of the 4th Dynasty). The Cadaval ducal title was created in 1648 by D. João IV, who granted it to D. Nuno Álvares Pereira, one of the most powerful noblemen of the kingdom and a decisive figure for the recovery of the national sovereignty, in 1640.

Here's the family's website:
http://casacadaval.com/_wsn/page2.html

Diana Mariana Vitória Álvares Pereira de Melo is the 11th Duchess of Cadaval. She was born in Genève, in 1978, as the first daughter of D. Jaime Álvares Pereira de Melo (the 10th Duke of Cadaval) with his second wife, Claudine Marguerite Marianne Tritz.

Last edited:
Iwona said:
I don't know what the difference between Orlean and Bourbons is.Are they branches of bigger family or they are different?

Also I wonder about Bonapart family, Napoleon had many sisters and brothers, who had also children, but today there are only three male from that family.So what happened to the desendent of Napoleon's sisters?

concerning the Bonapartes:

Male descendants are only from the line of Jerome Bonaparte, that´s true. Napoleons brother Joseph only had two daughter, Zenaide and Charlotte, who married Charles Lucien, the eldest son of Lucien Bonaparte and Alexandrine jacob de Bleschamp. They had many children, but Charles Lucien´s son Napoleon Chalres Grégoire only left two daughters, who died without descendants. From Lucien´s son Pierre descended the last Princess of the line, the psychananalyst Marie Bonaparte, the famous Princess of Greece, who had two children. Many of Charles Lucien and Zenaides daugher married in different italian noble families, who descendants do still exist. Charles Lucien sister Lätitia married Thomas Wyse, and her descendants are still living, carrying the name Bonaparte-Wyse as a double name, even when I have read there is no offcial decrete, who allows this. Another sister of Charles Lucien, daughter of Lucien, married count Valentini, they still have many descendants, called Valentini or Valentini Bonaparte.
Napoleons brother Louis had Napoleon III and two other sons, who died early because of illnesses. From his marriage with Eugenie Napoleon III had one son Eugene, who died without leaving decendants. So the official title was given to the descendants of Jerome. Napoleon III had two illeg, sons, two, as had also his father. The descendants of Louis´illegitimate son with the surname Castelvecchio do still exist via a female line. Napoleon himself had from the marriage with Marie Louise the son Franz von Reichstadt, who died without leaving any children, but Napoleon I also had two illeg. son, count Alexandre Walewski and Count Léon, the first by Maria Walewska and the second by Eleonore de la Plaige. There are still many descendants of Alexandre today, the most (or all) come from Alexandre illeg. and later recognized son, by the jewish actress Rachel Felix. Count Léon has also descendants, but the male line had extingished in 1994, when Charles Léon, the last count of Léon died. But there are descendants from the daughter, I think.
Jerome Bonaparte, apart from his todays descendants from Catherine of Würrtemberg has also descendants by Elizabeth Patterson, his first American wife. This line extingished in the male line in the year 1945.
Now sisters of Napoleons. That´s very easy. Pauline did not leave descendants, her only son by Leclerc died as a child. Elisa has two sons, who died quite early and a daughter Napoleone Elisa, who married the count of Camerata, via the female lines there are still many descendants, especially in italian noble families. The sister Caroline has descendants as well. He married the famous general and king Joachim Murat, and there are many descendants from the Murat family. The main line of the todays Princes Murat is the one of Joachim Murat, born in 1944, who had one son and four daughters. He often taked part in festivals etc concering Napoleon and Murat.
The line of the heirs of the one of Jerome, now it´s Charles Napoleon, who has one son and a daughter my his first wife Beatrice of Bourbon Siciles and one daughter by the corsican Lady Francoise Valliccioni. He had adopted a daughter, too. His brother Jerome is not married. He has two sisters, Catherine and Laure (Catherine is the twin sister of Charles), who are both married and have children.

Titles within the Bourbon-Orleans Family

The Titles within the Orleans-Family, are they just courtesy-titles the head of the House granted to members of the family?
I 've read that the late Comte de Paris was granting the Title Duchess of Montpensier to his divorced Daughter in law. Other Members of the Family have also various "historic" Titles which seem to be given in a rather random way. I.E. as i am aware the Duke of Chartes was always the oldest Son of the Duke of Orleans as head of the Orleans-line. Now it is a nephew of the present Comte de Paris.
Is there just a pool of historic Titles the family lay a claim to and distributed within the Family?
This seems very 'ancien regime' and i wounder what actual Right the Comte de Paris has to create dukes, duchesses and counts?

Thanks for that information Elsa M. I'm sure this book is very interesting indeed.

Last edited:
Last edited:
DrosteSchattenburg said:
The Titles within the Orleans-Family, are they just courtesy-titles the head of the House granted to members of the family?
I 've read that the late Comte de Paris was granting the Title Duchess of Montpensier to his divorced Daughter in law. Other Members of the Family have also various "historic" Titles which seem to be given in a rather random way. I.E. as i am aware the Duke of Chartes was always the oldest Son of the Duke of Orleans as head of the Orleans-line. Now it is a nephew of the present Comte de Paris.
Is there just a pool of historic Titles the family lay a claim to and distributed within the Family?
This seems very 'ancien regime' and i wounder what actual Right the Comte de Paris has to create dukes, duchesses and counts?

The late Comte de Paris created his younger son Jacques, Duke of Orléans and it is his son Charles-Louis who is the Duke of Chartres so the are in this indeed following the old tradition.

Princess Marie Lefevre of Orleans and Olivier Dassault

Hello,i would like to learn details about Princess Marie Lefevre of Orleans and her family with Olivier Dassault,son of Serge Dassault who is ranked as the 4th richest person in France.
Serge Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Olivier Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you know anything about their children?I read for first time at wikipedia that they have two, HRH Marcus Pierre-Louis Lefevre Dassault of Orleans and Emilie Antoinette Lefevre Dassault of Orleans.I've searched but haven't found anything so i would appreciate if someone from TRF helped me.If someone has already posted for them give me the link for the thread please!

How can a M. Dessault have a son born an HRH? This makes no sense, and reinforces the need to treat some Wikipedia entries with extreme caution.

Beatrice said:
Hello,i would like to learn details about Princess Marie Lefevre of Orleans and her family with Olivier Dassault,son of Serge Dassault who is ranked as the 4th richest person in France.
Serge Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Olivier Dassault - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Do you know anything about their children?I read for first time at wikipedia that they have two, HRH Marcus Pierre-Louis Lefevre Dassault of Orleans and Emilie Antoinette Lefevre Dassault of Orleans.I've searched but haven't found anything so i would appreciate if someone from TRF helped me.If someone has already posted for them give me the link for the thread please!

There is absolutely nothing true in these articles.

Now who is the head of the house of Orleans I was wondering about that?

Next Star, we already have a thread devoted to that topic, here.

How can a M. Dessault have a son born an HRH? This makes no sense, and reinforces the need to treat some Wikipedia entries with extreme caution.

The entry in wikipedia doesn't say they are HRH. This mistake was made by the poster, not by wikipedia. The obviously aren't TRH.

Princess Chantal of France has a 3rd grandchild, her daughter Kildine de Sambucy de Sorgue and Antoine Stevenson got a second child, Sarah. The baby was born on November 13th. The couple's 1st child, Jean, was born in Zambia in 2007.

Not even 2 months ago princess Chantal's second grandchild was born (on Sept. 21st), Côme de Sambucy de Sorgue, 1st child of her son Alexandre de Sambucy de Sorgue and Anne-Cécile Berteau.

Baron Francois-Xavier de Sambucy and Princess Chantal de France
arrive at the Academie Francaise during which Jean-Loup Dabadie
was admitted as a new member of the Academie Francaise in Paris,
France, March 12, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Beatrice d'Orleans arrives at 'Conde Nast Traveler 2009'
awards, held at Jardines de Cecilio Rodriguez on March 23, 2009
in Madrid, Spain.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thats iceflower. Does princess Beatrice live permanently in Spain, and if so since when? As both her daughters married Frenchmen in Villamanrique de la Condesa I guess she must have been living there even before 1993 (when princess Clothilde married)?

The picture of Beatrice d' Evreux shows she used too much botox..sorry for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 22.4.2009

Princess Chantal de France, Baron Francois-Xavier de Sambucy,
Prince Michel de France and Donia Isabelle at the "Soirée du
Cercle Montherlant" at the Jockey Club, Paris, France, April 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 28.4.2009

Princess Chantal de France and Baron Francois-Xavier de Sambucy
attend a charity event for the organisation "Parole d'Enfant" at the
Theatre des Champs-Elysee, Paris, France, April 28, 2009

On the third pic Princess Chantal greets Bernadette Chirac, on the
fourth pic you can see Princesse Claude de France who also attended
the event:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

:previous:
The woman in the RH background of pic 4 looks like Duchess Sophie of Württemberg.

From our blog:

Princess Beatrice d’Orleans Gives Interview to ‘Tiempo’

Princess Beatrice d’Orleans, countess of Évreux, gave an interview to the Spanish magazine ‘Tiempo’ this week. The princess was born as Beatrice Pasquier de Franclieu, daughter of Bruno de Pasquier de Franclieu, count de Pasquier de Franclieu and Jacqueline Térisse, born in 1941. She married prince Michel of Orleans in a low-key ceremony in Casablance, Morocco on 18 November 1967. Her husband’s father, the late count of Paris, was against the marriage, as he wasn’t too impressed by Beatrice’s noble background (or the lack of it). The couple had difficulties in finding a priest who dared to marry them, as the count made his disapproval well known.
The marriage between Beatrice and prince Michel didn’t last however, the couple seperated in 1994, though they never divorced. After the separation the princess moved to Spain, where she still lives. In the interview with ‘Tiempo’ princess Beatrice says that it was a love match but after 30 years she grew tired of her husband and thew him out of the house. The prince was unemployed so the princess had to start working, and as a man of his generation prince Michel found it difficult to deal with that. Before the seperation the couple lived in germany, Morocco and in the UK and got four children.
The princess also tells ‘Tiempo’ that she still has a title because she is not divorced, but a divorce would mean that she would get another title as she is the mother of French princes. The princess might refer to the situation of her sister-in-law, who became duchess of Montpensier after she divorced the present head of the French royal family. The princess says she received the legion d’honeur and the French republic did her a great favor by simply naming her Beatrice Pasquier and not as Beatrice d’Orleans.h t
The rest of the article deals with the life of princess Beatrice in Spain and she also promotes a macrobiotic clinic for which she is working. The princess also reveals that she buys clothes at Zara as well, but that her favourite designer is Dior. In the evening she won’t wear anything else!
Read the interview in Spanish in the online edition of ‘Tiempo’ here.

I wish the Duc and the Duchess of Vendome to be happy and may they have a lot of children.. the duke is not that young.
No news about the Duchess of Montpensier. I wonder if back of their honeymoon they will take pictures with her and if the new Duchess will wear again her wonderful dress.

Pics 2.6.2009

Princesse Chantal de France, François-Xavier de Sambucy de
Sorgues and the Comte and the Comtesse de Paris (pic 3) at
the exhibihion "Unique by Edeenne", Paris, France - 02/06/2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom