Royal Families of France 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatriz de Orleans attended the premiere of Anthony Blake's new show at the Reina Victoria Theater in Madrid on October 1:

** Pic **

Last edited:
On 18th of November Coutau-Begarie sells at Drouot/Paris Royal Items.
Among them Items of the Late Comte et Comtesse de Paris.
Pictures , letters , Books with Author Dedications of their library etc....
I was sad to see a Silver cigarette Box with written : "To Tante Bebelle..."

Money need of their Heirs ?

Princess Theresa of Orleans, Countess of Dreux is expecting a third child. The announcement was made official by the Count and Countess of Dreux, in an interview with Spanish magazine Ultima Hora.

"In Mallorca, he told them, they have been the parents of two children, a boy named Philippe and a girl who they baptized as Amelie, two adorable little princes who await the arrival of a little brother in a very short time"

https://uh.gsstatic.es/sfAttachPlugin/1213989.jpg

https://www.ultimahora.es/vips/este...re-amigos-almuerzo-los-principes-orleans.html

Last edited:
I think it's against forum rules to speculate about pregnancies but I did wonder about two of the ladies present at the ceremony.

And the second is Olimpia, Princess Napoleon?

The Prince Murat seems the most important descendent of Napoleon Ier former Staff

Last edited:
The Prince Murat seems the most important descendent of Napoleon Ier former Staff
Correct me if I'm wrong but after the extinction of the Neys in 1969 the only remaining princes of the Empire are the Murats, the Massénas and the Bernadottes (who have kept themselves busy in Scandinavia).

Did you mean to say his family? Caroline Murat and the other sisters of Napoleon I, together with their husbands and issue, were full members of the Imperial House with the rank and style of HIH Prince/ss.

https://www.heraldica.org/topics/france/statut1806.htm
Interesting that Title 1, Article 1:3:2 states that the descendants of the Emperor's sisters will be members of the Imperial family up until the "fifth degree inclusive" which would match what I've read other places that the current Prince Murat (a sixth generation descendant) claims the style of HRH as a descendant of the King of Naples and has publicly stated (if my rusty French and Google translate are correct) that he's not a member of the Imperial House.
For reference check his French language Wikipedia page under the section "Polémique sur les titres" which, although quoting reliable sources, unfortunately doesn't allow me to reach them.

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Murat_(1944)

I wonder if the controversy regarding his titles mentioned has something to do with him claiming to be a Royal Highness as a descendant of a king while the Almanach de Gotha styles him as a Highness quoting a creation by Imperial decree of the French title Prince Murat in 1853.

For reference see page 400

https://archive.org/details/almanachdegotha1922goth/page/1134/mode/2up?q=Murat

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that Title 1, Article 1:3:2 states that the descendants of the Emperor's sisters will be members of the Imperial family up until the "fifth degree inclusive" which would match what I've read other places that the current Prince Murat (a sixth generation descendant) claims the style of HRH as a descendant of the King of Naples and has publicly stated (if my rusty French and Google translate are correct) that he's not a member of the Imperial House.
For reference check his French language Wikipedia page under the section "Polémique sur les titres" which, although quoting reliable sources, unfortunately doesn't allow me to reach them.

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Murat_(1944)

Very interesting, thank you. I wonder if the prince claims the HRH for the remaining princes and princesses Murat as well. I believe both Bourbon claimants to the defunct throne of Sicily claim the HRH for all dynastic male-line descendants of the Bourbon kings of Naples.

I wonder if the controversy regarding his titles mentioned has something to do with him claiming to be a Royal Highness as a descendant of a king while the Almanach de Gotha styles him as a Highness quoting a creation by Imperial decree of the French title Prince Murat in 1853.

For reference see page 400

https://archive.org/details/almanachdegotha1922goth/page/1134/mode/2up?q=Murat

I believe the Almanach de Gotha refers to the house law of 1853 passed by Emperor Napoleon III, who was not so generous with styles and titles or membership of the Imperial Family as Emperor Napoleon I.

Per the constitution of 1852, the Imperial Family was restricted to the descendants of Napoleon III and of princes in the order of succession. The house law of 1853 stated that, regarding members of the Emperor's family not belonging to the Imperial Family, the style of HH Prince belonged to the sons of the brothers and sisters of Napoleon I, and to the eldest sons of those sons.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k365848/f390.item

Interesting answers and comments. Thank you JR 76 and Tatiana Maria ! MO

Per the constitution of 1852, the Imperial Family was restricted to the descendants of Napoleon III and of princes in the order of succession. The house law of 1853 stated that, regarding members of the Emperor's family not belonging to the Imperial Family, the style of HH Prince belonged to the sons of the brothers and sisters of Napoleon I, and to the eldest sons of those sons.

https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k365848/f390.item
Eldest son in perpetuity or just the eldest son of the eldest son alive of those alive at the time? The wording of the Almanach suggests that it's for all the members of the family.

Last edited:
Eldest son in perpetuity or just the eldest son of the eldest son alive of those alive at the time? The wording of the Almanach suggests that it's for all the members of the family.

As I read the house law (for which reference the link above), the sons of the non-dynastic sisters and brothers of Emperor Napoléon I were to be styled as HH Prince (Article 1).

The male-line grandchildren of Napoléon I's non-dynastic sisters and brothers were to be styled as HH Prince in the case of eldest sons and plain Prince/ss in the case of younger sons and unmarried daughters (Articles 2 and 3).

The male-line great-grandchildren of Napoléon I's non-dynastic sisters and brothers were to be styled as Prince in the case of eldest sons, whilst the titles of younger sons and of daughters were to be stipulated by an imperial decision (Article 6).

Art. Ier. Les fils des frères et sœurs de l'empereur Napoléon Ier qui ne font pas partie de la famille impériale porteront les titres de Prince et d'Altesse avec leur nom de famille, ainsi :

S. A. le prince Charles Lucien Bonaparte, S. A. le prince Louis-Lucien Bonaparte, S. A. le prince Pierre-Napoléon Bonaparte, S. A. le prince Antoine Bonaparte, S. A. le prince Lucien Murat.

Art. 2. À la seconde génération, les fils ainés seuls porteront les titres de Prince et d'Altesse; les autres n'auront que le titre de Prince.

Art. 3. Les filles des princes parents de l'Empereur jouiront, jusqu'à leur mariage, du titre de Princesse; mais lorsqu'elles seront mariées, elles porteront le nom seul et les titres de leurs maris, à moins de décision spéciale contraire.

[...]

Art. 6. À la troisième génération, les fils aînés porteront seuls le titre de Prince; leurs frères et sœurs ne porteront que les titres que l'Empereur jugera convenable de leur accorder.

I am not suggesting that the 1922 Almanach de Gotha to which you referred was incorrect to list all members of the family as Prince/Princess. It was published over 50 years past the downfall of the monarchy, and I assume the family was no longer following the rules of the 1853 imperial house law.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised. I had the feeling we'd see a baby soon after seeing them at the ceremony in the Invalides. If I remember it correctly the House of Murat is in desperate need of a male heir.

I'm not surprised. I had the feeling we'd see a baby soon after seeing them at the ceremony in the Invalides. If I remember it correctly the House of Murat is in desperate need of a male heir.

Who is Prince Joachim's nearest male heir?

Did the couple have a religious wedding or just a civil ceremony at the Invalides?

Did the couple have a religious wedding or just a civil ceremony at the Invalides?
They had a civil wedding ceremony at the city hall of the 10th arrondissement, but are planning a religious wedding later on.

Maybe they join it with the christening of the baby?

Congratulations to them!

They had a civil wedding ceremony at the city hall of the 10th arrondissement, but are planning a religious wedding later on.

I wonder which church they will chose and if any have any historical links to House of Murat.

Congratulations to the parents-to-be. :flowers:
The couple got married in March, without announcing the engagement in advance. I immediately felt that this might be a shotgun wedding. :D

It's a pity that the gorgeous Murat pearl tiara has been sold some years ago, it would have been nice to see it at the coming religious wedding. But I'm still looking forward to pictures of the church ceremony.

Prince and Princess Murat visited the Napoleon Exhibition Preview at "Grande Halle de La Villette" in Paris yesterday, May 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince and Princess Michel attended the "Enfance Majuscule 2021" Charity Gala at Salle Gaveau in Paris yesterday, June 15:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom