Royal Families of France 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Félicitations :clap::bounce::w00t:
Three siblings are really adorable
I'm so glad that their third child is a girl!
Welcome to the world, la princesse Louise-Marguerite Eléonore Marie de Orléans
:franceflag::heart2: :)) Her names are really beautiful

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about Francois and Terese wedding. Where reception was held after all?) I reda tow different castles Schloss Nideraicbach and Schloss Shonach. Which one is the ONE? Thank you in advance

I have a question about Francois and Terese wedding. Where reception was held after all?) I reda tow different castles Schloss Nideraicbach and Schloss Shonach. Which one is the ONE? Thank you in advance

The receptions, one the evening before the Wedding, after the Wedding and in the evening after the Wedding where all held at Schönach Castle the residence of the bride's parents where she grew up.

Death of the husband of Princess Diane d'Orléans

Count Alexis Marie de Noailles died in Paris on 14 September, nine days after his 62nd birthday and eight days after his 10th wedding anniversary.

He was born in Paris as third and youngest child of Philippe Francois Armand Marie, 8th Duke de Mouchy, 8th Duke de Poix, 9th Marquess de Arpajon (1922-2011) & his first wife, Diane Rose Anne Marie de Castellane (1927-2010); they divorced in 1974.

He bereft his wife, Princess Diane of Orleans (b.1970) [oldest of three children and only daughter of Prince Jacques of France, Duke of Orleans (b.1941) & his wife Gersende, nee Sabran-Pontevres (b.1942) and three little daughters: Celine (15-1-2005), Leontine (11-4-2006) & Victoire (19-2-2008), as well as his sister Nathalie (b.1949), brother Antoine, 9th Duke de Mouchy, 9th Duke de Poix, 10th Marquess de Arpajon (b.1950) and their families.

Source: Noailles

Three little girls became fatherless...so sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
His father, the late Duke de Mouchy, was married from 1978 to hus death to the former Joan Dillon, who was the widow of Prince Charles of Luxembourg (younger brother of Grand Duke Jean).

Baron Alexandre de Sambucy Sorgue and his wife Baroness Anne-Cécile attended the christening of Princess Louise-Marguerite d'Orléans. Here is a lovely photo of the family posing in the gardens of the Royal Domain in Dreux, France shortly after the christening. Baron Alexandre and Baroness Anne-Cécile have three children; Côme, who is six, Isoline, who is three (I'm unaware of the baby's name in the photo). They also had a daughter, Victoire, although she passed away shortly after her birth.

Isoline is just one year old, not three; she was born on 27 July 2013. Instead Victoire is three year old (and still alive), being born on 21 May 2011. The other child in the picture is indeed Côme.

Isoline is just one year old, not three; she was born on 27 July 2013. Instead Victoire is three year old (and still alive), being born on 21 May 2011. The other child in the picture is indeed Côme.

Ah OK, thanks for the corrections MAfan. :flowers: I had got a little confused with the Google Translation as French isn't my native language and Google Translate isn't the best at all times. So that means that Isoline is the baby, Victoire is the little girl and Côme, of course, is their little brother. Do we know the name of their child who passed away?

Also, how would I go about pronouncing Côme? Due to the accent (?) on the O, I'm not sure how to pronounce it, but at the moment am pronouncing it like the word cone but with an M.

Here is a website and a picture dedicated to Madame Royale and her memoirs. The picture is courtesy of the website also.

The Ruin of a Princess.

front-page.gif

I do like Marie-Therese, the Duchess of Angouleme.
Imagine how difficult it was for the only surviving child of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette to grow up to be a young lady.
Who knows what type of Queen Consort she would have been if her husband, Louis Antoine had reigned as King Louis XIX for several years?

Princess Chantal of France and her husband, Baron François-Xavier de Sambucy de Sorgue attended the reburial of their ancestor, Francis I of France, at the Angouleme Cathedral:

Chantal de France à la cathédrale d’Angoulême

It wasn't François I,it was his father,Charles d'Orléans,Comte de Angoulême who was reburied at the cathedral.The remains of Charles d'Orléans,Comte de Angoulême and his parents were rediscovered in 2011 which were presumed that they were destroyed during the Huguenot sack of the cathedral in 1563.

King François I was buried at St Denis outside Paris.

It wasn't François I,it was his father,Charles d'Orléans,Comte de Angoulême who was reburied at the cathedral.The remains of Charles d'Orléans,Comte de Angoulême and his parents were rediscovered in 2011 which were presumed that they were destroyed during the Huguenot sack of the cathedral in 1563.

King François I was buried at St Denis outside Paris.

Ah OK, thanks for the correction An Ard Ri. My Google Translate isn't the best and I must have misread that it was François I's reburial, when it was actually his father's reburial. (It appears that I can't amend my post as it's older than two days.)

Its a miracle that all 3 remains survived both the Huguenots and the French Revolution,sadly the remains of King François I and his beloved mother,Louise were desecrated in October 1793.

Baron Axel de Sambucy de Sorgue and his family are going to reside in Marrakech, where their wedding took place last year. The couple have already opened up a tea room, "Charlotte's Desk", and Baron Axel has worked in a number of places abroad:

Le baron et la baronne Axel de Sambucy de Sorgue s’installent au Maroc

I was in Marrakech a few weeks ago and I liked it a lot. There's an American school there, so I wonder if that's where their children will attend. But French is one of the official languages of Morocco and all schools have to learn it (as well as Moroccan Arabic and Berber), so they could most likely get by at a local Moroccan school as well.

Because i have no idea can someone told me if ever come buck monarchy to France who considering now as heir?

The topic is extensively discussed in this thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f76/rival-claimants-to-the-french-throne-10143.html

In short, the current claimants are three:
- Prince Henri d'Orléans, Count of Paris (the so-called Orléanist claimant);
- Luis Alfonso de Borbon (the so-called Legitimist claimant);
- Prince Jean Christophe Napoléon (the so-called Bonapartist claimant).
Given the list, Luis Alfonso de Borbon as a King of France would have made a much better representative of France than the current crop of Presidents.

Last edited:
Given the list, Luis Alfonso de Borbon as a King of France would have made a good monarch.

Not possible. According to the Treaty of Utrecht of 1713 (which was a major interational treaty which also gave -for an example- French Canada to the British Crown, the Southern Netherlands to the Habsburgs, Gibraltar to Great Britain, etc.) the Great Powers agreed that the House of Bourbon could occupy the thrones of France and Spain.

In return the King of France (Louis XIV) and his grandson the King of Spain (Philippe de Bourbon, Duc d'Anjou - became King Felipe V) agreed that the two thrones would be split. Philippe d'Anjou vested the Spanish branch of the House of Bourbon, with the solemn renunciation, vested in the Treaty (so-signed by Great Britain, the Netherlands, Austria, Savoy, the German Empire, etc.), that he renounces all his rights on the throne of France for himself and all his descendants.

Luis Alfonso de Borbón is a direct descendant of Felipe V, he is a Spanish Borbón, grandson from a Spanish Infante who renounced his rights on the Spanish throne - twice. He can not claim the throne of France unless he wipes his royal derrière with the Treaty of Utrecht....

:flowers:

Note that not only the Duke of Anjou renounced his rights on the throne of France, for himself and for his descendants. Also his brother the Duke of Berry and his uncle the Duke of Orléans (direct benefactors of this renunciation) on their turn renounced their rights on the throne of Spain, for themselves and for their descendants. Finally King Louis XIV issued a Letters Patent assenting these three renunciations.

These reciprocal renunciations to the throne of France (by Anjou) and to the throne of Spain (by Berry and Orléans), sealed by King Louis XIV were intended to settle the balance of power in Europe on a permanent basis by permanently separating the French and Spanish Crowns. That these acts were reciprocal made them dependent upon each other, so that the breach of the terms by one party would thereby invalidate the obligations made by the other party.

The Légitimists, the supporters of Don Luis Alfonso, do act like it was all a misunderstanding by a French Prince (Philippe, Duc d'Anjou), that it was illegal and that therefore their "candidate" is the rightful Heir to the throne of France. But it is clear that all this was deliberately and extensively negotiated, involved the King himself (Louis XIV) and three Princes of the Blood Royal (Philippe Duc d'Anjou, Charles Duc de Berry and Philippe Duc d'Orléans) and sealed off by all the great powers of the time.

Last edited:
:previous:
Thanks for the link!
It is nice to see Prince Louis on the cover of "Figaro". The discussion under the photo is quite lively.

Do you happen to know to who else is listed?

The article speaks about France, Romania, Albania, Portugal,Russia,Montenegro...

:previous:
Thanks for the information!
The list seems to be usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom