Royal Families of France 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The couple seem to be quite under the radar. It was the first french prince of his generation to marry, I believe.

Does anybody know if the duchess is related to Aspasia Manos, wife of the ill-fated king Alexander of the Hellenes?

Yes, Ileana is related to Aspasia Manos, though quite distantly. Ileana's great-grandfather Konstantinos Manos was the older brother of Petros Manos, who was Aspasia's father; put in a different way, Ileana's grandfather was a cousin of Aspasia.

Princess Chantal (pictured together with her husband, Baron Francois-Xavier de Sambucy de Sorgue, Prince Michel of Orleans,
Count of Évreux and a guest) presented her exhibition at the gallery Didier Ludot in Paris on July 5, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Eudes, Duke of Angoulême, his wife Princess Marie-Liesse and their children Prince Pierre and Princess Therese posing in their residence in Bordeaux.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duchess of Montpensier, the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme with Prince Gaston and Princess Antoinette, the Duke and Duchess of Angoulême with Princess Thérèse and Prince Pierre, Princess Blanche and Prince François celebrated Christmas at the residence in Dreux and posed for some family portraits on December 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Happy to see the Duchess looking happy and in good health

Régine Salens posted a photo of Helene of France, Css of Limburg-Stirum and her family on Noblesse & royautés. The picture was made during christmas. Her 2nd son Louis, his wife Belen and their two children werecelebrating christmas in Spain and are not in the picture.

The photo was made on December 25th at the Chateau d' Huldenberg:
Noblesse & Royautés

Last edited:

Prince Eudes, Duke of Angoulême, and his wife Princess Marie-Liesse viewed an exhibition by Italian artist Giuseppe Penone at the Chateau de Versailles in France, on June 9, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited by a moderator:
The descendants of the regicide Philippe Egalite...

Why would that be? They are to be blamed for something one of their anscestors did 221 years ago? The count is the head of the house of France so his presence is logical.

Sophie Charlotte, Duchess of Alencon (1847-1897) was the wife of Ferdinand d'Orleans, Duke of Alencon and grandson of Louis Philippe I.
She was born at the Possenhofen Castle in Bavaria.
She married Ferdinand at Possenhofen Castle on September 20,1863.
Sophie Charlotte had been engaged to her cousin, King Ludwig II of Bavaria.

According to Noblesse & Royautes Prince Francois was given the Title Comte de Dreux on the morning of his Wedding Day by the Comte de Paris.

The first Comte de Dreux was Robert, the son of King Louis VI (King Louis the Fat).

Last edited by a moderator:
HRH Prince François of Orléans (b. 1982) married Theresa von Einsiedel (b. 1984) on July 26th in Straubing, Bavaria.

The groom is the 2nd son and 4th child of HRH Prince Michel of Orléans, Count of Évreux (b. 1941) and his wife Béatrice, née Pasquier de Franclieu; he is nephew of HRH The Count of Paris, and 12th in Orléanist line of succession.

The bride is daughter of Curt-Hildebrand von Einsiedel (b. 1944) and his wife, HSH Princess Amelie von Urach, Countess of Württemberg (b. 1949), herself granddaughter of HSH Prince Wilhelm Karl, 2nd Duke of Urach (1864-1928), who was elected King of Lithuania (as HM Mindaugas II) in 1918, but never reigned. The Urach line is a morganatic branch of the Royal House of Württemberg.

Source: Paul Theroff's Royal News of 2014, Section I

Gallery: Oggi (Italian magazine)

(Hi everybody, this is my first post)

And welcome to TRF! :wave: Your first post was very informative, I didn't realise that Theresa von Einsiedel was related to the von Urachs or the Württembergs. Isn't there another French Princess who married a Württemberg or was part of the Württemberg family originally? I'm sure I've read that somewhere, but I could be thinking of someone else.

You are right in both cases HereditaryPrincess :flowers:

Princess Diane of Orléans, one of the late Count of Paris's daughters, is married to Duke Karl of Wurtemberg since 1960. And Diane's brother Prince Henri married Duchess Marie Thérèse of Wurtemberg in 1957 (they later divorced).

:previous: Thanks for your response, Elektra. :) I thought it was Princess Diane, but wasn't 100% sure so was just looking for confirmation. I didn't realise that Princess Diane's brother married a Württemberg as well.

According to Noblesse & Royautes Prince Francois was given the Title Comte de Dreux on the morning of his Wedding Day by the Comte de Paris.

Royal House of France

HRH Princess Louise-Marguerite of France was born on July 30th to the Duke and Duchess of Vendome, Prince Jean and his wife, Philomena (nee Tornos y Steinhart).

A sister for Prince Gaston (2009) and Princess Antoinette (2012).

Prince Jean de France - Naissance de la princesse Louise-Marguerite

v Antoinette, Gaston & Louise-Marguerite
thumbnail image from the Duc de Vendôme's press release

Attachments

• Gaston, Antoinette & Louise-Marguerite.jpg
    Gaston, Antoinette & Louise-Marguerite.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 865
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom