Prince Jean, Duke of Vendôme: engagement & pre-wedding info - Nov 2008 / May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True. Nobody can pretend to be the descendant of Henri V, Count of Chambord.

Indeed , you are right .. but it is interesting that Prince Jean through his grand-mother Wurtenberg he is a descendent of King Charles X ..

Oh noOo!! Please not Rachida Dati! It's a shame!

I read it also , that is sad.. I hope her bling bling will not stole de show.. That event will certainly be Point de Vue's first page.. sad sad

Trust me, I also jumped on my chair reading this...:ermm:

But even with a "bling-bling" mayor, there is still the religious wedding to look forward to!:D

That's exactly what I think.
The Justice Minister Rachida Dati is too "bling-bling" to be the ideal mayor for this event. She will try to be the star instead of Prince Jean and Philomena and, like said maria-olivia, try to be on the first page of all magazines.

Might interest you as it will public tomorrow, in pdv, the engagement ring is a pink saphire designed especially by alain Cartier, a descendant of the famous jewellers.

Vincent , concerning the PdV of to-morrow, are you involved in the interview of the Fiancés ?? Thanks for the first page..
By the way , did you receive the traditional wedding annoncement ?

My God thank you for this miracle : Point de Vue talking about French royalty
It will be the first time in years that I will buy it (I used to buy it every week) !

My God thank you for this miracle : Point de Vue talking about French royalty
It will be the first time in years that I will buy it (I used to buy it every week) !

It's amazing, isn't it? Things must be pretty quiet in the Sarkozy/Bruni household for this to happen!

Here is a summary of the Article in Point de Vue
France | Noblesse & Royautés
According to it Philomena wil wear a tiara who belongs to her Family and a 200 old veil which is worn by the brides of her Family.
Her gown will be from Christian Lacroix.

Last edited:
Nice that PdV is actually paying attention to the wedding (as they did to the Orleans-Cadaval one), finally an issue that I will buy and read with pleasure. The bride-to-be looks very refined btw.

The posts about the civil wedding ceremony of prince Jean and Philomena de Tornos have been moved to this thread in the 'Royal Weddings' subforum.

Marengo,
Thanks for the video!:flowers:
It has been my pleasure to see Ms.Rachida Dati performing duties as a mayor in one of Paris' city districts. The couple seems to be happy.

Did you know, that the wedding dress of P. Philomena de France has been created by Christian Le Croix?

Tilla,
I am aware of the fact that both gowns worn by Princess Philomena were created by Christian Lacroix. Ribbons and lace paired with exquisite embroidery might be viewed as his signature features. The wedding gown was a bit overloaded to my taste. At the same time, the above dress was a masterful interpretation of the haute couture gown.

She is no aristocrat, she is a commoner

She might not be royal, but she is an aristocrat...from both sides of her family.

From her father's side, she is great-grandfather is Louis de Zubiria, Marquis de Yanduri and many other Spanish noble families.

Through her mother's side(Antonia, Edle von Steinhart) she is related to her husband Prince Jean d'Orleans.

Their closest common ancestor was Count Jaroslaw Borita z Martnic.

Here is Philomena's line from Count Jaroslaw:

Count Jaroslaw Borita z Martnic, 1582-1649
I
Countess Elisabeth Corrona Borita z Martinic, died in 1649
I
Countess Maria Maximiliana Eva Zdiarsky von Zdiar, died in 1690
I
Baroness Ludmilla Johanna Hieserle von Chodau, died in 1725
I
Franziska Rabenhaupt von Suche, 1682-1732
I
Baron Wenzel Franz Obitecky von Obitec-Rabenhaupt und Suche, 1709-1777
I
Baron Cajetan Obitecky von Obitec-Rabenhaupt und Suche, 1745-1810
I
Baron Franz Obitecky von Obitec-Rabenhaupt und Suche, 1780-1845
I
Baroness Marie Johanna Obitecky von Obitec-Rabenhaupt und Suche, 1811-1860
I
Baroness Gabriele Wilhelmine Johanna Adelheid Beata von Podstatzky-Prussinowitz und Thonsern, 1848-1913
I
Gabriele Sophia Wilhelmine Emma Maria von Michalkowski, 1877-1963
I
Gabriele Felicitas Murad von Werner, 1913-1939
I
Maria Antonia, Edle von Stinhart, born in 1944
I
Maria Philomena Magdalena Juliana Johanna de Tornos y Steinhart, born in 1977

Here is Prince Jean's line from Count Jaroslaw:

Count Jaroslaw Borita z Martnic, 1582-1649
I
Countess Ursula Polyxena Borita z Martinic, 1637-1681