Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Claudine, Diana's mother, thinks about all this story with her son in law. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what Claudine, Diana's mother, thinks about all this story with her son in law. :ermm:

Hopefully she already knows about it all. It was in the papers right?

Hopefully she already knows about it all. It was in the papers right?

Yes, she knows. Diana seems not to care about her husband's problems with Justice, I wonder if her mother shares the same feelings.

Sol (Portuguese newspaper) of this last saturday had an articles saying that at the wedding, some Diana's relatives (didn't mention names) were openly critisizing Charles's past.

Well it was said some relatives stayed away from the wedding because of that, esp. his involvement with the St. Lazare knights (which was rather shady according to some); though most who stayed away did so due to the classic Orleans-feuds I suppose.

Did the prince ever get convicted btw? I don't remember the outcome...

I don't Claudine has much of a moral standing to judge others, considering the way she dealt with her late husbands older children.

Last edited:
I think that Diana de Cadaval looks very happy, she is a very beautiful young lady. She wanted to be a Duchess and her mother wanted her to be too and now she is HRH so what more could they want?
If Rosalinda is put out I think she has every right to be. Much as I admire and respect D. Duarte I will never understand his position over the dispute of thie title of Duchess of Cadaval.

Much as I admire and respect D. Duarte I will never understand his position over the dispute of thie title of Duchess of Cadaval.

In my personal opinion, the reason was because D. Duarte is Diana's Godfather and because they were (and still are of course) very close friends, and it was difficult (or impossible) to D. Duarte to say "no" to Claudine's ambitions. To stay in terms with his conscience, Duarte "created" a new title for Rosalinda: Duchess of Cadaval-Guerrand-Hermès...

Not to kill an interesting discussion, but there is a thread about the Cadaval family (& their dispute) in the Portuguese-Brazilian forum, here. We kept the title dispute there as it is more a Portuguese matter.

Well it was said some relatives stayed away from the wedding because of that, esp. his involvement with the St. Lazare knights (which was rather shady according to some); though most who stayed away did so due to the classic Orleans-feuds I suppose.

Did the prince ever get convicted btw? I don't remember the outcome...

I don't Claudine has much of a moral standing to judge others, considering the way she dealt with her late husbands older children.

It is correct what you write, the wedding was not attended by many Royals, of course CP is not the son of the Head of the House but the Count of Paris is the uncle.
The Order of St Lazarus: the count of Paris has is the protector of the Order but there is a dispute concerning this Order, 3 branches (!), the one of CP, the one of the Duke of Sevilla and another Maltese...It is a game of "power" among the people ruling the 3 branches.
The history of this Order is not very clear, it was closed by a Pope, but the French branch merged with another French Order, this is the reason why the count of Paris protects it...
There are as for other orders supportes of each of the 3 branches...

Well, he works as a flying consultant, so that's probably not the motivation.
But he was desperatly in need of publicity... I guess. :rolleyes:

What on earth is a flying consultant?

What on earth is a flying consultant?
Not sure either... "aviation consultant" perhaps? Anyway, it's one of those jobs with airlines, where you earn lots of money... you know, like being in charge of Development, etc.

Not sure either... "aviation consultant" perhaps?
Anyway, it's one of those jobs with airlines, where you earn lots of money... you know, like being in charge of Development, etc.

As long as there is a lot of money involved...........

Does someone have any idea about the airline company he works for?

He owns a company of consultancy for industrial intelligence and development of companies in international trading. This company has many customers and also airline companies.

Charles and Diana posed for Caras Magazine (n.676)

They didn't want to reveal where they spent their days together after the wedding. The couple says the honeymoon is not over yet, they just came back to Portugal to help Diana's mother on the preparation of the XIV edition of the Évora Clássica Festival (that happens every year in the Palace of Cadaval).

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5452/dc1zh1.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4016/dc2tg2.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/554/dc3po9.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6112/dc4it5.jpg

Can someone familiar with Evora tell me what is the temple behind them? The same columns were pictured in some of the wedding photos. Thank you in advance.

Can someone familiar with Evora tell me what is the temple behind them? The same columns were pictured in some of the wedding photos. Thank you in advance.

It is the Roman Temple of Evora. It is a symbol of Evora and it was classified as World Heritage site by Unesco.

It is often called Temple of Diana (Roman goddess). The temple was built in honour of Emperor Augustus in the 1st century AD. in the main public square (Forum) of Évora.

(Sources:Wikipedia)

Pictures and article here

Thank you Regina very much. Looks like Evora should be a day trip from Lisbon. Seems like a very interesting place to visit. Thanks again

Évora

Évora is one of my favourite towns in Portugal.
It is about 1 1/2 hours from Lisbon by motorway.
Its historic center is quite well preserved and you can find many churches - the Cathedral where Charles-Philippe and Diana got married, and the famous Bones Chapel f.i. - and palaces.
Home of some of the best (and more expensive ) hotels such as Hotel da Cartucha or Pousada dos Lóios and restaurants - Fialho, Cozinha de Santo Humberto, A Tasquinha do Oliveira, Luar de Janeiro.
Try to go there on a market day at Rossio de São Braz for the local products and handicrafts.

Évora - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Evora - Portugal - Alentejo - The City

Thank you JSP. I checked my schedule I will be in Lisbon on November 13, and I will make sure I travel to Evora.
This is a silly question but is Diana's Palace open to the public? It will be so nice to visit the Cathedral where the wedding took place. Hopefully I will see her someplace.
Are they living in Evora now??

Yes, the couple is living in Evora now.

I am not sure but I think only the first floor rooms can be visited by the public. You can admire family portraits, religious art and manuscripts. The palace is next-door to the Loios Convent and inside the palace yard there is a restaurant called Jardim do Paço

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Regina........I am on my way.........They may even sell those wedding fans in the gift shop. They must have a gift shop if there is a restaurant.......That will be so grand......I love palaces, especially when the owners still occupy part of the structure.....

They didn't want to reveal where they spent their days together after the wedding. The couple says the honeymoon is not over yet, they just came back to Portugal to help Diana's mother on the preparation of the XIV edition of the Évora Clássica Festival (that happens every year in the Palace of Cadaval).
Here's the interview that was published along with the photos:

Diana de Cadaval e Charles-Philippe D`Orléans interrompem lua-de-mel

Olycom - News

The same event, photos from olycom.it
]

Diane de Cadaval and her husband attended the Jaeger dinner at the 65th filmfestival in Venice on August 31st. The Duchess wore earrings from Boucheron according to Point de Vue.

Look here for 5 photos.

I am glad to see pictures of them again! (Diane looks pregnant :whistling: )

I am glad to see pictures of them again! (Diane looks pregnant :whistling: )

She looks like she gained a bit of weight.........but is it neccessary for ladies to have those breasts so pushed up and out? :bang::bang:
They still look happy and in love and this is a good thing.

.........but is it neccessary for ladies to have those breasts so pushed up and out? :bang::bang:

This "breats pushed up and out" mania started with models and hollywood celebrities some years ago and now even the royal ladies want to follow this "look at my breast!" obsession...

Yes, I agree they look very happy :)

Maybe this is just me but I look at Diana's pictures, I always think that Diane strongly resembles Francisca, Dª Isabel of Braganza daughter...
(I know I'm the only one who thinks this way... :cool: ).

She does look like she has gained weight. Her dress is lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom