Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No indeed...even if it is suspended it is still a conviction:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for him. Hope he will enjoy his €1000 fine! Being a ''prince'' doesn't make you more intelligent than anyone else.

What a complete idiot. It’s a shame for the Orleans, another scandal again.
And it’s very sad because Charles-Philippe seemed to be more outgoing, easy and human than his «*royal*» cousins Jean and Eudes.

May he now remain Head of the Order of St Lazare ?

He should never be tittled Duc of Anjou , tittle who was already given to the Duke of Cadix and his heir.. If he was titled "Duc de Nemours" as his godfather and wished so much by his mother the Countess d' Evreux ,it should have been more easier.
But was the nowadays Comte de Paris'will he seems to like " provocation"

May he now remain Head of the Order of St Lazare ?

He should never be tittled Duc of Anjou , tittle who was already given to the Duke of Cadix and his heir.. If he was titled "Duc de Nemours" as his godfather and wished so much by his mother the Countess d' Evreux ,it should have been more easier.
But was the nowadays Comte de Paris'will he seems to like " provocation"

I totally disagree. There is nos objective reason why he should not be Duke of Anjou. This is a French title , not a Spanish one.

According to the treaty of Utrecht provisions, Louis XIV's grandson Philipe, Duc d'Anjou was recognized as King of Spain (as Felipe V), thus confirming the succession as stipulated in the will of the late King Charles II. However, Philipewas compelled to renounce for himself and his
descendants any right to the French throne.

Luis Alfonso is a Bourbon d'Espagne.
:)
Nothing to do with the French title Duc d'Anjou.Nothing to do in France.:angry:

May Charles-Philippe d' Orleans remain head of the Order of St Lazare ?

Last edited:
I think that since there is no more monarchy in France it's useless to even debate on this. We all know: there are those who favor the strict salic law meaning the Duke of Anjou is the Spanish Bourbon, and those who claim the throne by the "frenchness" of the Orléans ie Charles Philippe is the real Duke of Anjou. But the point is had the monarchy survived who are we to tell that one of those two would have had this title?

Katelle , I agree with you - I am sorry to have mention Duke d' Anjou .
But my question remains the same..

Nothing to be sorry about Maria-Olivia :)
I guess yes, for now there is no reason for him not to be the head of this order which is , like his title of Duke d' Anjou BTW contested by many others.

May Charles-Philippe d' Orleans remain head of the Order of St Lazare ?

He resigned from his office in March 2010, now he is Grand Master Emeritus of the Order of St. Lazarus. Officially the resignation is due to "family reasons", but "voices of the street" say the real reason is a contrast with somebody inside the Order.

Duc d'Anjou

I think that since there is no more monarchy in France it's useless to even debate on this.

This subject upon which it is "useless to debate", is treated in a very interesting thread today on another Board, concerned by French, Spanish and Italian Royalties.:flowers:

I thought that a forum ( this one among others) was a place to discuss, I may have missed something:sad:

This subject upon which it is "useless to debate", is treated in a very interesting thread today on another Board, concerned by French, Spanish and Italian Royalties.:flowers:

I thought that a forum ( this one among others) was a place to discuss, I may have missed something:sad:
Vous n'êtes pas le seul, j'avais cru le comprendre aussi !
You are not the only one, I beleived it too !!!:lol:

Is it normal to dress in black for weddings in Portugal?

Is it normal to dress in black for weddings in Portugal?
That photo is not from the wedding, but from a reception t Ritz Hotel, where they were asked about the wedding.
Anyway, I'd say that wearing black at a wedding is not very common, but it's not seen as a faux pas anymore.

Black is not ruled out anymore for weddings at least to the ones I've attended. The only color still not allowed, if you can call it, is white.

I saw Diana yesterday in Sete Rios, Lisbon. She was arriving in a bus from Évora, alone with a small bag. At the beginning, she seemed quite lost, not knowing where to go, but then she left to the area of the public transports. She seemed a simple but elegant woman and she is very tall, at least for portuguese standards.

Funny... she's the type of woman I would never suspect to take public transportation. Thanks for sharing!

Lovely video about the palace and cathedral - thank you.

Prince Charles Philippe's communique: Appealed in a case of espinage

Google translation:
"Prince Charles Philippe Orleans acquitted by the Courtof Appeal of Riom in a case of espionage.
In a ruling today, the Criminal Chamber of the Court of Appeal of Riom acquitted Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans acts for which he was prosecuted in a case of espionage at the labs Clermont Thea injury.
This decision puts an end to five years of litigation and unwarranted questioning of Prince Charles Philippe d'Orleans. His name and reputation are now restored totheir honor
."
Source

Charles-Philippe is a very nice looking man with beautiful eyes.:whistling::p
His weight goes up and down, but now he is "down" it appears!

Thanks for the video!

While in Portugal, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Évora and the Palace of the Dukes of Cadaval. They will be received by Prince Charles-Phillipe of Orléans, Duke of Anjou, and his wife, née Diana Álvares Pereira de Melo, 11th Duchess of Cadaval, who owns the palace.

Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orlans - Duc d'Anjou

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...nd-morocco-28-march-6-april-2011-a-30379.html

The thread about this official visit will be opened closer to the visit.

Thanks Elsa M!

The Prince of Wales is said to speak flawless French, so I wonder what language was used during the visit?

Where is Camilla btw?

Last edited:
Here is an article from the Charles-Phillipe's website, basically says that the three visited the church were Diana and Charles were married on June 21, 2008.
Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orlans - Duc d'Anjou

Charles does speak pretty good English, I don't know about Diana but I know she speaks French so maybe they stuck to French?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom