Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree - I always felt they would have one more child one day ? The duchess seems to be such a loving and caring woman. A new baby was only a question of time.

Congratulations :flowers:

The instagram announcement made my day.

Where is that information mentioned in the article linked above ?

What is his legal basis to claim the title of Duke of Anjou ? Patrilineal descent from King Felipe V ? Apparently, the Kings of France didn't recognize that claim considering that the title of Duke of Anjou was recreated for other descendants of Louis XIV, including the future King Louis XV, after Philippe d'Anjou became king of Spain.

I think it's because he is the most senior memeber of the family de Bourbon.

He is the senior Spanish member as a descendant of Louis XIV.'s grandson Philippe d'Anjou who became king Felipe V. After the line of Philippe's elder brother Louis died out in 1833, the Spanish Bourbon-Anjou are the eldest male line of the Royal family that derives from the French Capetiens, whose founder Hugo Capet began reigning in France in 987, having been voted for as king after the last Carolingian king died.

The Spanish Borbons are senior to the French Bourbon-Orléans, who, as a line, only began with LOuis XIV.'s younger brother Philippe.

Thus Luis Alfonso is the senior Capet living, though he is neither king of France nor king of Spain. Denying him the title of a Spanish grandee or the duchy of Anjou (the contract that ruled the giving up of Anjou for Spain can be interpreted in several ways and one way is to let the Spanish Borbons senior prince the title of Anjou) is pretty petty, IMHO.

I think it's because he is the most senior memeber of the family de Bourbon.

He is the senior Spanish member as a descendant of Louis XIV.'s grandson Philippe d'Anjou who became king Felipe V. After the line of Philippe's elder brother Louis died out in 1833, the Spanish Bourbon-Anjou are the eldest male line of the Royal family that derives from the French Capetiens, whose founder Hugo Capet began reigning in France in 987, having been voted for as king after the last Carolingian king died.

The Spanish Borbons are senior to the French Bourbon-Orléans, who, as a line, only began with LOuis XIV.'s younger brother Philippe.

Thus Luis Alfonso is the senior Capet living, though he is neither king of France nor king of Spain. Denying him the title of a Spanish grandee or the duchy of Anjou (the contract that ruled the giving up of Anjou for Spain can be interpreted in several ways and one way is to let the Spanish Borbons senior prince the title of Anjou) is pretty petty, IMHO.

Not petty at all. His grandfather Don Jaime de Borbón gave up his right on the throne brcause he was deaf and mute. With that his descendants do not have any title of the Royal House. It is the same as with the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester. Their children are no princes either. One has to draw a line somewhere.

Don Luis Alfonso has no Spanish title as his grandfather's and father's titles were not hereditary. His assumed French titles are not used in Spain. The same treatment for the late Duke of Parma, a Spanish citizen, whom never was named as such in Spain.

:previous: Thanks iceflower. Exciting news! It seems that it's become more common for non-reigning royals to announce the sex of their children before birth, as IIRC Princess Isabella de Ligne also did the same with Princesses Althea and Athenais.

Not only the non-reigning. The current king and queen of Spain announced that their second child would be a girl (so no action was needed to make sure that Leonor would remain the heir).

Louis Alfonso wish to his wife for her birthday today:

"Many #congratulations @margaraVS, my #trueLove, my #BetterHalf, my #MainSupport, my #partner in this #JourneyOfLife.
Thank you for loving me, taking care of me, supporting me, understanding and advising me.
Thank you for these #WonderfulChildren, who are the fruit of our #love and the reflection of the #values ​​in which we believe.
I will always love you!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpMdFE8DjeH/?taken-by=luisalfdeborbon

Luis Alfonso and Margarita they have their Weeding Anniversary today:

"Dear @margaravs,
Many #congratulations for these 14 wonderful years that I have enjoyed with you, having been able to form a beautiful #family, with our three #children and the next, that make me so #happy.
I thank #God for having put you in my #way and I hope you grant us many more, to continue enjoying this #dream come #true.
#iloveyou"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0P-5XB---/

Luis Alfonso with Margaraita at the first solidarity dinner of the foundation Querer!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp6l4iJhlO_/

Luis Alfonso remember his brother Francisco the day of his birthday:

"Dear Fran,
#Congratulations for your #birthday.
34 years since you left! I still keep you very present and missing you so much.
I am here, you are in #heaven ... but always #brothers."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqdche-hiIe/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the wrong "Duke and Duchess of Anjou" for this thread.

No; it's the right one, if you read through the thread, you'll see others have posted about the same couple, I'm not that clumsy!

If you're promoting other claimants it would be best to create a thread or contribute to another section of the forums otherwise accusations like this will become confusing for other posters reading.

Last edited:
No; it's the right one, if you read through the thread, you'll see others have posted about the same couple, I'm not that clumsy!

If you're promoting other claimants it would be best to create a thread or contribute to another section of the forums otherwise accusations like this will become confusing for other posters reading.

It appears to me that the linked photo is of Charles Philippe, a nephew of the Orleans claimant, while this thread is for the legitimist claimant Luis Alfonso de Borbon.

Last edited:

The thread you were looking for is this one: Charles-Philippe (d'Orleans), Diana (Duchess of Cadaval) and their daughter Isabelle.

As the title of this thread specifies, this thread (that we are posting in) is for Luis Alfonso (de Borbon) and his family (his wife Margarita and children Eugenia, Luis and Alfonso).

Last edited:
Luis Alfonso de Borbon and Family ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: November 2008-

The thread you were looking for is this one: Charles-Philippe (d'Orleans), Diana (Duchess of Cadaval) and their daughter Isabelle.

As the title of this thread specifies, this thread (that we are posting in) is for Luis Alfonso (de Borbon) and his family (his wife Margarita and children Eugenia, Luis and Alfonso).

Ouch, seems that I stand corrected then. And another silly mistake for me! I don’t know why I have been making these simple errors lately. Maybe I need more :coffee: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ouch, seems that I stand corrected then. And another silly mistake for me! I don’t know why I have been making these simple errors lately. Maybe I need more :coffee: :rolleyes:
It is confusing if multiple people are using the same title; mistakes can easily happen :flowers:

Congratulations to the family of six now!!!!

"I have the pleasure, together with Margarita, to announce the birth of Enrique, our fourth child, today at 13:05 GMT.
It has weighed 4,200 kilograms and measured 53 centimeters.
The mother and the baby are in perfect condition."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtWVpzsBjgo/

Congratulations to the family!
Welcome to the world, little Enrique!

Full name: Enrique de Jesús; and apparently born in New York (I thought the family was living in Madrid).

Full name: Enrique de Jesús; and apparently born in New York (I thought the family was living in Madrid).

They likely do reside in Madrid.

However, all of their children have been born in the United States.

Presumably this was a conscious decision on the part of Luis and Maria Margarita.

Will the Duke of Anjou come at Dreux? 2 Dukes of Anjou ...

Presumably this was a conscious decision on the part of Luis and Maria Margarita.

If Luis Alfonso is serious about being the head of the Royal House of France, shouldn't he live in France and raise his children there ? The fact that they live in Madrid and his children are given Spanish names and presumably speak Spanish as their first language doesn't help his claim.

Last edited:

So, what's the purpose? Make sure they are American citizens (but why)? And/or to not favour Spain over France (or the other way around)?

If Luis Alfonso is serious abour being the head of the Royal House of France, shouldn't he live in France and raise his children there ? The fact that they live in Madrid and his children are given Spanish names and presumably speak Spanish as their first language doesn't help his claim.

I'd say that he is serious about his claim of being the head of the house of Borbo(u)n. His claim to the French throne derives from that (and includes his ambitions regarding Spain) but he clearly 'feels' mostly Spanish which makes sense given that his immediate family is Spanish.

Last edited:
If Luis Alfonso is serious about being the head of the Royal House of France, shouldn't he live in France and raise his children there ? The fact that they live in Madrid and his children are given Spanish names and presumably speak Spanish as their first language doesn't help his claim.

He is essentially a Spaniard, of course. His situation is the same as that of prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme who is Duke of Parma but essentially a Dutchman.

Denying him the title of a Spanish grandee or the duchy of Anjou (the contract that ruled the giving up of Anjou for Spain can be interpreted in several ways and one way is to let the Spanish Borbons senior prince the title of Anjou) is pretty petty, IMHO.

In Spain Luis Alfonso does enjoy a title equal to a Spanish grandee (Excellency), and his French official documents recognize him as HRH the Duke of Anjou. (The titles claimed by all three pretenders to the French throne are recognized in the republic of France.)

https://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/te_lo_aclaro/Luis-Alfonso-Borbon-espera_0_861513845.html

¿Por qué se le llama príncipe?
-Está reconocido como tal en Francia. En los documentos oficiales expedidos por el Estado francés se le titula SAR el duque de Anjou.

(Why is he called prince?
-He is recognized as such in France. In official documents issued by the French state he is titled HRH the Duke of Anjou.)​

Not petty at all. His grandfather Don Jaime de Borbón gave up his right on the throne brcause he was deaf and mute. With that his descendants do not have any title of the Royal House. It is the same as with the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester. Their children are no princes either. One has to draw a line somewhere..

Jaime's descendants would have been incapable of being princes, according to the Royal Family of Spain (albeit Franco recognized them as princes), with or without the renunciation, owing to the "unequal" status of his marriage. No line was drawn until King Juan Carlos issued his royal decree of 1987. Had Jaime concluded an equal marriage, his descendants would have been royal, and the same applies to the descendants of his sisters and nieces.

He is essentially a Spaniard, of course. His situation is the same as that of prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme who is Duke of Parma but essentially a Dutchman.

To be more specific, Carlos de Bourbon de Parme claims to be Duke of Parma, but his claim is not recognized in Italy, the state which annexed the duchy of Parma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom