Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our beloved duke of Anjou in France last september, attending holy mass at Saint Louis des Invalides Church (Oldest France's Military Hospital) :

20 septembre 2009

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou are expecting Twins!

Luis Alfonso de Borbon, and Margatita Vargas have announced today that they are expecting twins. The babies will bron next spring.

Los duques de Anjou anuncian que esperan mellizos - Qué.es
They announced the news to EFE, Spanish national news Agency.

Last edited:
That is very exciting news! Congratulations to them. I'm sure that little Eugenie will be happy to be a big sister.

Royal twins - that's absolutely lovely. Congratulations to the family. :flowers:

Wonderful news! :flowers:
Congratulations to Louis Alphonse. Maria and Eugenia.

I do hope that both kids aren't boys because that would be tricky from the point of view of succession.

Royal twins! Great!
Congratulations to the couple :flowers:

Wonderful news! :flowers:
Congratulations to Louis Alphonse. Maria and Eugenia.

I do hope that both kids aren't boys because that would be tricky from the point of view of succession.
Yes it would. On the other hand, if Louis-Alphonse does not have any boys, then Felipe of Spain will be the senior Bourbon and Legitimist claimant to the French throne (if he were to outlive L-A). And since Felipe has no sons either, then some distant branch of the Spanish Royal family will assume the role. This could be interesting.

Very good news for the couple! It could be an interesting situation if the twins are boys.

Ahhh, as a mother of twins, that makes my heart sing. Congrats to the happy couple and their family. Sleep NOW, you're gonna need it!

My congratulations to them!
I hope they're not male twins...

Congratulations to the couple!
Yes, it would be extremely difficult to decide who would succeed if both were boys, although it might just be the one who is born a few minutes before.

Congratulations to the couple!This is a great new .I am sure this couple is very happy with this new.

This really is wonderful news! If both were boys then it probably would be difficult to assign succession unless it is just whichever is born first. However the Duke of Anjou is a pretender to a defunct throne and the likelihood of one of his children having a throne to inherit is very slim

Congratulations to king Louis XX and queen Maria Margarita!
I really hope that the twins will be boys. It would be very good new for all the french legitimists.
Vive Dieu, Vive le Roi et Vive la Reine!

According to Hola, the children are expected in May.
At the announcement she was three months pregnant

Contact

I wanted to ask, does any one know how one can contact
Prince Louis Alphonse of Bourbon the pretender to the French Throne? As there is no official website, thanks..

There is an official website of course for the Legitimists : L'Institut de la Maison de Bourbon : Accueil

Hello, I just came into this thread, and I have a (might be stupid) question. WHY Luis Alfonso is under the Forum of French Royal family?? I know the story about the legitimistes, but first of all he is Spaniard, non? His father was member of the SRF and his maternal grand father was a spanish aristocrate.

Second question, where can I follow Carmen Martinez Bordiu (Luis Alfonso's mother?)

Luis Alfonso de Borbon is king Louis XX for the french. He is the legitim heir to the throne of France, NOT to the throne of Spain. King Louis XIV was his ancestor.
And he is spanish AND french.

Luis Alfonso de Borbon is king Louis XX for the french. He is the legitim heir to the throne of France, NOT to the throne of Spain. King Louis XIV was his ancestor.
And he is spanish AND french.

Thanks

Is he a French citizen???

Yes, he is also a french citizen. He is french by his father and spanish by his mother.
On his french identity card it's mentioned "S.A.R. de Bourbon, duc d'Anjou, Louis Alphonse".

Does anybody know when the twins are due (month)?

Yes, he is also a french citizen. He is french by his father and spanish by his mother.
On his french identity card it's mentioned "S.A.R. de Bourbon, duc d'Anjou, Louis Alphonse".

Thanks for information!

Nevetheless, it is a strange point. Titles are abolished in France, since the Revolution. How can his title appear on his iD? IDs are to be all the same according to the EEC rules!

Congratulations to the young couple and may these twins bring them all a lot of happiness.

Thanks for information!

Nevetheless, it is a strange point. Titles are abolished in France, since the Revolution. How can his title appear on his iD? IDs are to be all the same according to the EEC rules!

He can use tittles and predicat in French Republic (and like the Orleans family) as a part of french culture. Just feodal rights and power by birth were abolished.

But on his passport, or identity card, are written name(s) and surnames for ex. Louis Alphonse Norbert Albert Heudebert Marie Raymond Ernest Gustave Gaston Clovis etc...de Bourbon Franco Machin Chose (and no SAR or de France it's the same for the Orleans they are d'Orléans because it's the surname used by an ancestor, Bourbon and Orléans became a family surname).
It's juridic paper for filiation not a voucher for a throne!

The family of Louis Alphonse and the Orléans are nobody in France. Their ancestors were kings but them, they are nobody. And because of their lack of personnality or remarkable qualities, they are unknown.

Does anybody know when the twins are due (month)?

I can't recall where I read this, but it has been said that they are expecting later this spring. I'm not sure whether that means April or May. Sorry I can't give you a more definite month. Twins typically arrive early, so my guess is that they will be here sometime between mid-April and the end of April.

I know I'm late...But what a good new! Twins for the Duc of Anjou and Margarita Vargas! Congrats! I can't wait to see them! :flowers::baby:

Vanesa.

They are expected by the end of May, but rarely do twins get to the end... so I think they would be more likely to have birth by the end of April or the beginning of May.
I wish the duchess of Anjou has a very good pregnancy, although I guess it is not as pleasant as I wish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom