Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) 1: Sept 2003-Nov 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was born April 24, 1974 (I think). There was a whole thing I read about his succession in France vs. his never-going-to-happen succession to the throne of Spain (regardless that he's the grandson of Alfonso XIII). He plays polo for the royal spanish team though.

Thank you, Dulce Elena. :) He's ruggedly handsome and must be a decent polo player if he plays for the royal Spanish team.

Yeah, considering he's listed with NO handicap!!! May I offer you this interesting link (that I had originally posted under his photo thread):

Luis-Alfonso

This is a very insightful article, but it is in spanish!!

NO handicap???? He's brilliant then! ;)

Great link, Dulce Elena. Thanks for posting it! Wonder if he's dating anybody? :innocent:

Hey Fireweaver. :) No, he's not dating CP Mathilde's sister. It's the other Louis.

In the El Mundo article (mind you this was 1996) he had just broken up with a blonde German. So, I wonder if he's on the market again. :innocent: :p

He does look marvelous, doesn't he, Dulce Elena? It would be great if you asked around about his status. ;)

Any way we can make it a rule that the names henry, louis, frederik, christian, olav(f), harold, george, and william can't be used for at least 2 generations in all the reigning families? I'm so confused as to who belongs to who...

Oh! Wow, When I saw his pic in Vanity Fair I nearly fell out of my seat! The guy is gorgeous beyond words! :innocent:

I don't mind the tousled, sweaty look! Trust me...I've got *this* magazine!!! He'd look good in a gunnysack :woot: Maybe, Julia, you'd like to start a shrine page for him? Teehee...so we could all come to pay our homage?!

:p Dulce Elena. Yeah, I cannot imagine him not looking good in just about anything.

I have to admit that I find myself gazing at his pic in VF a great deal...

I'll let you be in charge of the shrine. :brows: (had to use that one...never used it before!)

I bet he has really strong thigh muscles... *sigh* Gosh that man is drool worthy

I need to grab a wet clothes...

raven :wacko:

FRANCE'S DUKE OF ANJOU LISTENS TO REPORT ON DNA TESTS FROM TISSUE OF LOUIS XVII

FRANCE-ROYALS:pARIS,19APR00 - Louis de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou, eldest son of the Bourbon family which lays claim to the defunct French throne via blood ties, listens April 19 to the results of DNA testing on heart tissue which prove that the son of executed French King Louis XVI and Queen Marie-Antoinette died as a young boy in the Temple prison June 8, 1795. Scientists have been conducting genetic analyses since December on what was the presumed heart of Louis-Charles de France, to establish whether or not the uncrowned child king managed to escape the French revolution. jes/Photo by John Schults REUTERS

www.corbis.com - St JEAN CATHEDRAL, LOUIS DE BOURBON, DUKE OF ANJOU.

www.corbis.com - St JEAN CATHEDRAL, LOUIS DE BOURBON, DUKE OF ANJOU

Louis de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou attending an anniv-ersary mass for the wedding of Catherine of Medic-i and Henri IV in 1600 at St Jean Cathedral in Lyon.

www.corbis.com - Louis de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou, leaving St Jean cathedral.

Louis de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou, walking in Lyon after attending anniversary mass celebrating the wedding of Henri IV and Catherine of Medici in 1600.

Louis de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou attending an anniversary mass for the wedding of Catherine of Medic-i and Henri IV in 1600 at St Jean Cathedral in Lyon.

www.corbis.com - LOUIS ALPHONSE DE BOURBON VISITING TOURAINE.

www.corbis.com - LOUIS ALPHONSE DE BOURBON VISITING TOURAINE.

Attachments

• UT0026694.jpg
    UT0026694.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 790
  • 0000374784_006.jpg
    0000374784_006.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 653
  • 0000374784_001.jpg
    0000374784_001.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 582
  • 0000374784_010.jpg
    0000374784_010.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 997
  • 0000374784_004.jpg
    0000374784_004.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 617
  • 0000374784_003.jpg
    0000374784_003.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 663
  • 0000370721_026.jpg
    0000370721_026.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 437
  • 0000370721_005.jpg
    0000370721_005.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 614
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the photos, Alexandria! He's terribly handsome. :crush:

Dulce Elena, Luis is about 6 feet 3 inches tall (see the El Mundo article). Very tall like his cousin Prince Felipe.

wow.
Isn't there a bit of contraversy over his title? the F-I royal MB had some discussion on it, but it got too confusing for me :)

According to VF: "Though he has never lived in France, Luis-Alfonso is a claimant to the French throne, called Louis XX by his supporters, and holds dual French and Spanish citizenship. His great-grand father was King Alfonso XIII of Spain; however, his grandfather Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia, and his descendants were excluded from the Spanish line of succession (Vanity Fair, p. 458)."

His full title: His Excellency Don Luis-Alfonso Gonzalo Victor Emanuele Marco de Borbon y Martinez-Bordiu. Known to French Legitimists as His Royal Highness Louis-Alphonse, Duke of Anjou.

Well, he mentions in the El Mundo article that he certainly doesn't want to get married, or even think about it, before the age of 30 and he's 29 so.... ;) Yes, let's hope this was a photo from long ago, or that he had a bad morning shaving.

You ladies are all cuties! He is mighty handsome..... but not my eye candy, that would make me one less lady you would have to worry about :)

Any idea where the HIS EXCELLENCY came from? Did HM the King of Spain give him a title of any sort?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank You,

Chanel

Polfoto 27-09-2003 © QUEEN INTERNATIONAL REF CH PY ALMAGRO, MONASTERY OF ASUNCION OF CALATRAVA (DOMINICS OF ALMAGRO), SPAIN ,27-9-2003 VICTORIA OF BORBON DOS SICILIAS GOT MARRIED WITH MARKOS NOMIKOS. VICOTORIA IS THE DAUGHTER OF INFANTE DON CARLOS OF BORBON AND DUCHESS OF CALABRIA, ANA OF FRANCE. MARKOS BELONGS TO A GREEK SHIPOWNER'S FAMILY. THE WHOLE SPANISH ROYAL FAMILY ATTENDED THE CEREMONY, AND ALSO MEMBERS OF OTHERS ROYALS FAMILIES LIKE GREEK , FRENCH AND BULGARIAN AS MORE REPRESENTATIVE. IT WAS AN ORTHODOX AND CHRISTIAN CEREMONY.

IN PIC LUIS ALFONSO OF BORBON, HEIR TO THE FRENCH THRONE

Attachments

• louis.jpg
    louis.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 516
Originally posted by Alexandria@Sep 29th, 2003 - 5:55 pm
IN PIC LUIS ALFONSO OF BORBON, HEIR TO THE FRENCH THRONE
Hmmmm, we need to bring the French monarchy back. No question about it at all. :p

Alfonso's Wedding Is Coming
And the bride is going to be... Maria Victoria Vargas Santaella, a hihg society lady of Venezuela. The future queen of France.

Another southamerican "like future Queen" of european country, like Maxima or Maria Theresa.

And also like future ex- queen Marie Chanel, her mother is fron ecuador. But i dont think MC identifies with her latina side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom