Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) 1: Sept 2003-Nov 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Wittykitty for your perfect contribution. I just wanted to add that, according to french royal laws (Les lois fondamentales du royaume) Luis cannot give up his claim to the french throne. He is the first in male line in the House of Bourbon (l'AINE de la Maison de Bourbon). According to french royal laws. France were to go back to kingdom, no one else could be crowned king.

Aubisse said:
........ According to french royal laws. France were to go back to kingdom, no one else could be crowned king.

not sure the Comte de Paris - the Orleans claimant - would agree to that - and ain´t a descendant of Napoleon claiming to be the right heir as well?

well it sounds like LA is stuck between a rock and a hard place!

From Theodore' Royalty & Monarchy site:
No country’s succession is more disputed among royalists than this one. There are three significant claimants to the throne, vacant since 1870. The most widely recognized is Henri (VII), Duke of France, Count of Paris (b. 1933), who recently inherited the Orléanist claim from his father, Henri (VI) (1908-1999). Legitimists insist on the superiority of the claim of Louis Alphonse de Bourbon (Louis XX), Duke of Anjou (b. 1974). The parvenu dynasty founded by the legendary Napoleon Bonaparte also boasts a claimant, Charles, Prince Napoleon (b. 1950). The Bonapartist claim I believe can be dismissed relatively easily. Should France ever become a monarchy again, there is no reason why a family whose royal status is less than 200 years old, and which reigned for a total of only 28 years, would be preferred to the dynasty founded by Hughes Capet in 987, over 1000 years ago. It is true that the Bonapartes reigned more recently (1852-70) than either of the two branches of the Capetian house (1814-30; 1830-48); however, this difference is too small and the combined durations of the First and Second Empires too short to apply the Principle of Acquired Legitimacy in this case. It is betwen Orléanism and Legitimism that the real controversy lies. Having studied arguments for both sides, I have decided that I favor the Orléanist position; that is, the Count of Paris over the Duke of Anjou. I am not going to go into all of the complicated legal and historical arguments, as these have been discussed extensively elsewhere. However, I have my own reasons. First, my Principle. The reign of the Count of Paris’s most recent ruling direct ancestor, King Louis Phillippe, ended in 1848, more recently than that of any other French king. The reign of the Duke of Anjou’s most recent French ruling direct ancestor, King Louis XIV, ended in 1715. While this difference is not as great as that between the Windsors and the Jacobites, I think it is significant. But in this case the Principle is not the most important factor. The main reason to support the Orléans royals is that, whatever else they are, they are undeniably French. There is no other country with which this branch of the family has ever been associated. Its members have lived in France for as long as they have been allowed to, speak French as their first language, and have predominantly French ancestry. This is not true of Luís Alfonso. He is a great-grandson of King Alfonso XIII; he was born in Spain and is of mainly Spanish ancestry; he served in the Spanish military and swore allegiance to the Spanish constitution; he is a great-grandson of Francisco Franco. While the Bourbon family which reigns in Spain originated in France, since coming to the throne in 1700 it has become an essentially Spanish dynasty. Therefore from a French perspective Luís Alfonso is a foreigner. To support a Spanish prince for the French throne when a more widely recognized French claimant is available seems to me to serve no useful purpose and makes the restoration of the French monarchy even more improbable than it already is.

http://www.angelfire.com/in3/theodore/opinion/issues.html

I am going to explain something that I believe that he is a little confused. Franc did not choose to Juan Carlos instead of a the father of Luis Alfonso. The Duke of Cadiz was son of Jaime the brother of Don Juan that resigned to the rights to the throne in his name and the one of his heirs because he was deaf. Legímitamemente the throne was of Don Juan, but it was the one that had bad relation with Franco.

Although if it is certain that probably the Duke of Cadiz married with the granddaughter of Franco to accede to the throne.

In addition to the problems that can have by those circumstances, Luis Alfonso before his wedding carried out next to his mother and her grandmother a news article very little lucky, where they put in the most significant places of the dictator. To Spanish people can to understand that it did not like anything, and the majority we were thankful that nobody of the Royal Family went to that wedding.

Duke of Cadiz

It was generally accepted at the time of the wedding of the Duke of Cadiz to Franco's granddaughter that it could be interpreted as a "warning shot" to Juan Carlos. Franco was demonstrating that the succession to the vacant throne could be altered if Juan Carlos did not toe the party line. Which is why Juan Carlos made his preparations for Kingship and democracy in secret.

Last edited:
Franco was a dictator and I believe that nobody could know surely that it was going to do. It could have chosen to who was beloved, the military dictatorship could have followed. But there was a dynastic line that was legítima.If he had decided to break it is another thing.

But good, the important thing is that in the end everything left enough good, in quite difficult circumstances.

Juan Carlos 1975

lula said:
Franco was a dictator and I believe that nobody could know surely what he was going to do. But good, the important thing is that in the end everything left enough good, in quite difficult circumstances.
The media referred to the new King as "Juan Carlos the Brief", meaning that they didn't expect him to last long after Franco died in 1975. But they greatly underestimated the King's determination to bring democracy to Spain.

that's true warren... he was called juan carlos "el breve" as the people thought the 3rd republic was going to come soon...

his baby is going to have a baby

will the baby have a title? does anyone have any pics of the parents to be?

LA was working as a "banker" not sure the exact postion and I think now ,works for his father in law and they spend alot of free time being "jet setters" in Palm Beach FL , Her father is very wealthy so they probably hire a nanny or two(like MC) to mind the baby no big life style change.
Wittykitty:rolleyes:

Yesterday Luis Alfonso´s grandmother said in tv that they are not expecting a baby.
Don Jaime lose their rights because he married unequally. There was a law called Pragmatica of Carlos III. Her father Alfonso XIII made him to sign a renounce to his rights, it was not Franco. This law was changed by the Constitution.

Last edited:
I love Luis Alfonso. He is absolutely handsome. Maria Margarita is very lucky!

Ennyllorac said:
Does anyone know what Luis Alfonso does for a living?

he now works with margarita's father in many of his enterprises.

luis alfonso and margarita were in santander this week inagurating a polo match.

from Hola.com

20 JULIO 2005

Luis Alfonso de Borbón is in Santander, along with his wife Margarita Vargas, to present/display the first match of pole that is disputed from 1930 in the field of Palace of the Magdalena, a field that his great-grandfather, King Alfonso XIII, commanded to construct in 1918, and which the city of Santander has recovered in the occasion of his 250º anniversary.
The match, that happens these days, tries to get up itself to the national circuit of pole, along with Sotogrande, Madrid and Barcelona.

The young marriage has taken a walk in Santander, mounted in a majestic carriage and accompanied by gaiteros and riders, who took them from Campa of the Magdalena to the Sardinero. This one is the first visit for Margarita to Santander, reason why his husband has wanted it to be special, so that she takes a good impression of the town.

"When we are pregnant, we will announce it"

Carmen Martinez Bordiú's son and his wife Margarita must return to Caracas, where they have fixed their residence, after spending these days in Spain. But spite of living abroad, Luis Alfonso de Borbón tries, as far as possible, to maintain the contact with Europe and for that reason he travels, whenever he can, constantly to Spain and France.

Inumerous rumors point to a possible pregnancy of Margarita , which Luis Alfonso has denied: "We have not said anything, are rumors only. There is no confirmation". After some weeks of speculation in which different media pointed this possibility, Duke de Anjou wanted to make clear that at the moment they are not expecting and commented that "when we are, we will announce it for sure".
(there are some photos but it is protected)

In Santander. From imaginescandinavia.com. More to come

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 285
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 292
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 481
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 323
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 412
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 229
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 415
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 300
The last three from imaginescandinavia.com

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 293
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 212
In Santander. From imaginescandinavia.com. More to come

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 412
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 430
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 471
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 316
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 308
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 277
From imaginescandinavia.com. More to come

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 201
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 282
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 340
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 350
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 401
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 302
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 232
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 243
The last 2 from imaginescandinavia.com

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 202
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 186
wow, they look so good together, i hope they stay happy thru out their whole marriage

lori said:
Give him a couple of years, he'll become fat. He's kind of a man with big bone that can absolve fat quickly.And since marrying a rich wife means idle life, it's destined to be fat.

Not only him look at her also she is huge already, big heaps and chubby face. What about her clothes? She needs to upgrade her wardrove seriously. Those pants are very late 1980s early 1990s.

LA is great. I have fallen in love with him. MM is absolutely very lucky. Do you know how can anybody communicate with him, by mail, e-mail, telephone number?

I like his wife´s fashion style, especially the way she wears shawls. She is definitely classy not trashy.

from imaginescandinavia.com....

LUIS ALFONSO OF BORBON AND HIS WIFE MARGARITA VARGAS ENJOYED A DAY AT THE
INTERNATIONAL POLO GROUNDS OF SOTOGRANDE, CADIZ. THE DUKE OF ANJOU PLAYED A
MATCH WHILE HIS YOUNF WIFE CHEERED FROM THE SIDE. POLO IS LUIS ALFONSO SPORT
AND HIS WIFE ALSO GREW UP AMONG HORSE SINCE HER FATHER OWNS HIS OWN TEAM.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 425
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 226
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 247
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 386
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 293
From imaginescandinavia.com...

LUIS ALFONSO OF BORBON AND HIS WIFE MARGARITA VARGAS ENJOYED A DAY AT THE
INTERNATIONAL POLO GROUNDS OF SOTOGRANDE, CADIZ. THE DUKE OF ANJOU PLAYED A
MATCH WHILE HIS YOUNF WIFE CHEERED FROM THE SIDE. POLO IS LUIS ALFONSO SPORT
AND HIS WIFE ALSO GREW UP AMONG HORSE SINCE HER FATHER OWNS HIS OWN TEAM.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 309
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 192
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 275
Merca said:
I like his wife´s fashion style, especially the way she wears shawls. She is definitely classy not trashy.

I couldn't say better, I really like her style! :)

The Invalids are a monument in Paris.

The young duchesse seems pregnant to me: what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom