The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2022, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Louis X (4 October 1289 – 5 June 1316), known as the Quarrelsome (French: le Hutin), was King of France from 1314 and King of Navarre as Louis I from 1305 until his death. He emancipated serfs who could buy their freedom and readmitted Jews into the kingdom. His short reign in France was marked by tensions with the nobility, due to fiscal and centralisation reforms initiated during the reign of his father by Grand Chamberlain Enguerrand de Marigny.
More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_X_of_France

King of France:
Reign: 29 November 1314 – 5 June 1316
Coronation: 24 August 1315, Reims
Predecessor: Philip IV
Successor: John I

King of Navarre:
Reign: 4 April 1305 – 5 June 1316
Coronation: 1 October 1307, Pamplona
Predecessor: Joan I and Philip I
Successor: John I

Born: 4 October 1289 Paris, France
Died: 5 June 1316 (aged 26)
Vincennes, Val-de-Marne, France
Burial: 7 June 1316 Saint Denis Basilica
Spouse: Margaret of Burgundy (m. 1305, d. 1315)
Clementia of Hungary (m. 1315)
Issue:
Joan II of Navarre
John I of France
House: Capet
Father: Philip IV of France
Mother: Joan I of Navarre

Margaret of Burgundy (French: Marguerite; 1290 – 30 April 1315) was Queen of France and Navarre as the first wife of King Louis X, although locked in prison during her whole French queenship.
More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margar...ueen_of_France

Clementia of Hungary (French: Clémence; 1293–13 October 1328) was Queen of France and Navarre as the second wife of King Louis X.
More information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementia_of_Hungary
Old 11-28-2022, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Did King Louis X rule moderately?
The article Louis X of France: The Stubborn King - The European Middle Ages declared:
Philip (IV) told his son (Louis X) to rule moderately and to listen to his uncle's advice.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Did King Louis X rule moderately?
The article Louis X of France: The Stubborn King - The European Middle Ages declared:
Philip (IV) told his son (Louis X) to rule moderately and to listen to his uncle's advice.
He was known as Louis the Quarrelsome and his reign as King of France and Navarre was short!