Jean, Comte de Paris, Head of the Royal House of France, Wife & Family 1, Feb 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday at Drouot Paris, Monseigneur , they sold a lot Pictures, letters , items a great deal of books belonging to Your House and belonging to your Grand Parents Estate.
Nearly all the Orleans items were sold through internet.
A silver cigarette box , on which was written "A notre Tante Bebelle " estimated 200 euros was sold 600 euros + 15 %. Selling Presents for money is not fine !

I'd imagine that she doesn't need her husband's Twitter to wish her son a very happy 11th birthday :ermm:

They are just sharing the young Dauphin's birthday with the world.

Good to see that the Orléans family is back at the Domaine Royal de Dreux. Hopefully the dispute with the Fondation Saint-Louis (juridical owner) and Prince Jean (beneficiary of the Fondation) has been settled

They are just sharing the young Dauphin's birthday with the world.

Good to see that the Orléans family is back at the Domaine Royal de Dreux. Hopefully the dispute with the Fondation Saint-Louis (juridical owner) and Prince Jean (beneficiary of the Fondation) has been settled

That's perfectly fine. I was mainly surprised by the wording of the tweet stating that the countess of Paris joined him in wishing their son a happy birthday - as if she couldn't personally communicate with him. A general 'happy birthday' to Gaston (or 'our son' if he wanted to include his wife) would haven been fine :flowers:.

On December 8 the Count and Countess of Paris and their children posed for a large Christmas photo session at Montreal de l'Aude, near Carcassonne, France.

The photos were taken at their home, garden, St. Vincent Collegiate Church, Saint Dominique School of Cammazou and at the village.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Seems to be a very close knit family. Each child is involved in something, that is really great. And yes having children is a 24/7 job and commitment. Great to see them this way.

We learnt from the Point de vue interview of Princess Philomena that the family is currently staying at the Princess’s english cousin’s wife. They hope to be able to return to Dreux one day.

Antoinette, Joseph and Louise-Marguerite were enrolled in school for the first time. They were homeschooled previously. The girls are attending a girls only school directed by dominican sisters where they are only allowed to write with fountain pen and ink.

Gaston was not confortable being a Boarding student so now he only stays during school hours.

Philomena prefers homeschooling but she said it needs organization and given the situation they are facing, it is hard to keep the children at home (she said they left Dreux for the south of France hastily)

On December 8 the Count and Countess of Paris and their children posed for a large Christmas photo session at Montreal de l'Aude, near Carcassonne, France.

The photos were taken at their home, garden, St. Vincent Collegiate Church, Saint Dominique School of Cammazou and at the village.

Last edited:
We learnt from the Point de vue interview of Princess Philomena that the family is currently staying at the Princess’s english cousin’s wife. They hope to be able to return to Dreux one day.

Wonder which British cousin's home they have settled at for the time being.

Practically all of the cousins of the Countess of Paris are German or Spanish and have married spouses from the same background.

I believe they are talking about a British cousin from the countess' side of the family?

A pity relations between the foundation and the duke has detoriated further.

I am surprised that homeschooling is allowed in France. The way they describe the schooling seems to be preparing the children for a life in the 1930s, not for the 2030s.

Last edited:
They sound completely out of touch with the society they're living in. The opposite of their reigning "cousins" really.

I believe the relationship with the Fondation Saint-Louis has improved. From media I understood the princely family loved their self-chosen "exile" from the Domaine Royal de Dreux, felt free from the prying eyes of the Fondation. They have no hurry to return, so to say. I understood they have a house somewhere in Toulon/Hyères (in the Var, at the Méditerranée) while the young Dauphin goes to a pensionnat in Carcassonne (between Tours and the Pyrénées).

Last edited:
I believe they are talking about a British cousin from the Duchess' side of the family?

A pity relations between the foundation and the duke has detoriated further.

I am surprised that homeschooling is allowed in France. The way they describe the schooling seems to be preparing the children for a life in the 1930s, not for the 2030s.
In the interview with Point de Vue, Philomena said that she had stopped homeschooling them.

I believe the relationship with the Fondation Saint-Louis has improved. From media I understood the princely family loved their self-chosen "exile" from the Domaine Royal de Dreux, felt free from the prying eyes of the Fondation. They have no hurry to return, so to say. I understood they have a house somewhere in Toulon/Hyères (in the Var, at the Méditerranée) while the young Dauphin goes to a pensionnat in Carcassonne (between Tours and the Pyrénées).

From what I understand, their home is in the pensionnat's neighbourhood and belongs to one of Philomena's cousins.

Yes in the pensionnat’s neighborhood. Said pensionnat is situated in Montreal (in France, near Carcassonne). Gaston stays with his parents at nights so the house should be near enough so he can go back home everyday.

That is really a very beautiful area to live, the Aude. From the picture we see from the princely family they very much enjoy the nature and tranquil life there. The young Dauphin and his siblings seem very much in their element.

Obviousy the feature was propose in a way of mocking ! I do not think it is fair.

I think his father died on this day too, I am surprised he doesn't mention him.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Wow, nine already?! Antoinette looks so grown up. She reminds me a lot of her father.

Interesting. Perhaps a natural wish but the auction of his grandparents possessions a few years ago show that the late count of Paris (grandfather of Jean) was right in putting assets in a foundation to prevent it from getting scattered.

Interesting. Perhaps a natural wish but the auction of his grandparents possessions a few years ago show that the late count of Paris (grandfather of Jean) was right in putting assets in a foundation to prevent it from getting scattered.

But why did he not make sure that future Heads of the Family are involved with the foundation and or can use the Items placed into it.

Back
Top Bottom