Jean, Comte de Paris, Head of the Royal House of France, Wife & Family 1, Feb 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've no idea how many (if any) residences that the Count of Paris owns privately. His grandfather created the Fondation Saint-Louis in the 1970s and placed all of the major real estate that the family owned into it. As a result, since Henri the Elder died, neither his son nor his grandson have ownership of those major family properties. Henri the Younger and Jean are simply "honorary presidents" of the foundation, which gives them no real voice.

It does not help that Henri the Elder did not stipulate that at least one of his descendants, if not the head of the family itself, had an actual seat on the board of directors of the foundation. This leaves the family at the mercy of the directors...at least as it concerns their usage of properties that the late Count of Paris owned outright himself.

In Belgium no member of the royal family has a seat in the Koninklijke Schenking / Donation Royale, the enormous legal entity Leopold II created. But luckily for them the statutes of this gift have clear and strict conditions, for an example that certain residences are at the disposal of the Bearer of the Crown.

I have no insight in the Fondation Saint-Louis but it would be weird if there was no condition in it that Amboise or Dreux have to be at the disposal of the Chef of the Maison de France. Maybe the conflict is about how far the owner (the Fondation) may interfere in the life of the beneficiant (Prince Jean).

Let us hope that this is a wake up call for the Fondation Saint-Louis: "What is our purpose? And are we in a tunnel vision as a board?"

Last edited:
What I found particularly bizarre is HRH's accusation that the Fondation had been harrassing the family dog.(?!):ohmy::sad:

What's going on here?

What I found particularly bizarre is HRH's accusation that the Fondation had been harrassing the family dog.(?!):ohmy::sad:

What's going on here?

That had to do with foundation staff apparently making derogatory remarks about the family dog, which is rather a large creature. Cannot think of the breed off the top of my head. Anyway, one suspects that at least one member of the family heard comments about their pet that bothered them - especially if it was one of the children who overheard the staff.

I see that as usual Stéphane Bern is in the middle of it all. If you wouldn't know any better you might think he himself was the pretender to the throne of France. Fortunately he seems to be trying to defuse the situation.

Quite curious that the situation has escalated to this extend. One wonders why the foundation feels the need to drive the count out of his house. Something that apparently they tried to do with the Duchess of Montpensier as well.

It was widely recognized as an act of spite that the late count of Paris did not include any of his descendants in the board of the foundation.

What's the background story behind Stéphane Bern? And what is his role in the Foundation?

According to wikipedia he has many orders and is considered an expert in nobility and royalty but it sounds as if there is more to know about him.

What's the background story behind Stéphane Bern? And what is his role in the Foundation?

According to wikipedia he has many orders and is considered an expert in nobility and royalty but it sounds as if there is more to know about him.

I see him quite often at TV 5 Monde, the francophone international channel. He presents Secrets d'Histoire, usually providing a refreshing angle of view to historic persons or to historic events. He often appears quite être plus royaliste que le roi (more royalist than the king).

Last edited:
Stéphane Bern is very famous here in France for being passionate about royalty without being an historian. He enjoys a good relationship with the grand ducal family of Luxembourg, the monegasque family and the French one.

He presents historic tv program (Secrets d'histoire) and lifestyle TV program, as well as radio program.

He was also appointed by President Macron as "Monsieur Patrimoine". In this capacity, he has been charged with listing French monuments in need of renovation and seeking financial means to contribute to it. To this end, he created the "heritage lottery".

Although he loves royal families and history, he claims to be a republican for France and a royalist and monarchist on a personal level whatever this means (https://www.liberation.fr/checknews/2018/05/16/est-ce-que-stephane-bern-est-monarchiste_1653710).

Last edited:
That had to do with foundation staff apparently making derogatory remarks about the family dog, which is rather a large creature. Cannot think of the breed off the top of my head. Anyway, one suspects that at least one member of the family heard comments about their pet that bothered them - especially if it was one of the children who overheard the staff.

Strange. You would think charity staff would know better! Sad that this situation with the foundation has come to the family having to leave Dreux.

The actual Comte de Paris is not that young. She herited from his Grand Mother la Comtesse de Paris.
He could have buy a House and pay its charges without depending from the Foundation;
His Mother the Duchesse de Montpensier received a house for herself. Being old , this house was not eternal.
Her 2 other Children Marie and Eudes have their own House , Blanche is in a Institute in Paris.

Last edited:
Communiqué from the Prince Jean:

Nous vous remercions chaleureusement pour les nombreux messages de soutien et manifestations de sympathie reçus ces derniers jours.

Nous continuons à travailler pour que la Fondation Saint-Louis retrouve les objectifs que lui avait fixés son fondateur, mon grand-père : mettre la Famille de France au service de son patrimoine, et mettre ce patrimoine au service de la France et des Français.

( We warmly thank you all for the many messages of support and expressions of sympathy received in recent days.

We continue to work so that the Fondation Saint-Louis rediscovers the objectives set for it by its founder, my grandfather: to put the Famille de France at the service of its heritage, and to put this heritage at the service of France and the French.)

Link: https://comtedeparis.com/1212-2/

Last edited:

The family dog is called Léonora and she is a Chien de Terre Neuve, in English: a Newfoundlander.

Picture- little Princess Jacinthe playing with gentle giant Léonora:
https://www.jesuisfrancais.blog/wp-...2935434614_7233863084207505408_o-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
:previous: Jacinthe has grown into a beautiful little girl! I hope she had a lovely birthday despite the current situation.

:previous: Princess Jacinthe looks delightful with the flowers. It is good to start learning about plants when one is quite young.

Message from Jean, Count of Paris:
"The government is suspending the exercise of civil liberties in light of the hospital bed shortages it has created.
He suffers the crisis and compensates for his impotence with intrusive measures.

We are a nation of free and responsible people that the state must govern and not govern."

Oh no! The count has joined the anti-virus lunatics. Not surprising considering he supported the neon-fascists of the yellow vests at a previous occasion but nonetheless rather disappointing.

Last edited:
^^^^^ Too right!

Yikes. If I hear one more anti-virus idiot (had to refrain from swearing!) bang on about their "civil liberties" I'll scream. ? I'm also worried about my civil liberties if I end up dying of the virus because I won't have any as a deceased person. Selfish and irresponsible of Jean, especially with a young family.

Oh no! The count has joined the anti-virus lunatics. Not surprising considering he supported the neon-fascists of the yellow vests at a previous occasion but nonetheless rather disappointing.

Very disappointing indeed. I was developing the beginning of a soft spot for Jean and his family.:ermm:

Jean after all does represent a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands, and now Jean has found a quirky indirect way to continue the family tradition.

Very disappointing indeed. I was developing the beginning of a soft spot for Jean and his family.:ermm:

It is not surprising to me. Not only the royals themselves, but French monarchists in general tend to be very right-wing (despite the Orléans being normally identified with a more liberal position). And, in several countries, people of right-wing leanings throughout this pandemic have shown a tendency to oppose lockdowns, compulsory use of masks, etc.

Even in the UK, early in the pandemic (like in January or February), members of the RF such as the Duke of Cambridge were quoted as saying (semi)privately that the Covid situation "was overblown". They fell in line under government guidelines when the situation got worse, but still refuse to set an example by wearing masks in public for instance, unless legally required to do so.

Jean after all does represent a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands, and now Jean has found a quirky indirect way to continue the family tradition.

That is a cheap shot. First of all, Jean represents a cadet branch of the dynasty, which didn't ascend the throne until 1830 and was deposed shortly thereafter in 1848. Second, most royals besides the French (English/British, Spanish, Russian, Belgian, etc.) historically have "blood in their hands" and so do many republics including the United States and the French Republic itself. In any case, I don't see why Jean or his family should be held responsible in 2020 for events that happened between the 9th and the 18th centuries (when various branches of the Capetian dynasty ruled France).

Last edited:
:previous: I understand and agree with your point about the traditional right wing inclinations of French Royals and monarchists.

But I have never viewed the safety precautions deemed necessary by this pandemic to be a conservative/ liberal issue. I am beyond exasperated that many people ...spurred on by irresponsible leaders and online conspiracists...have been allowed to politicize what is above all a public health and safety mandate. Absent of a vaccine, social distancing and face masks are what we have.

Or do HRH and others whinging and sniping about their civil liberties have a better idea to contain this epidemic?

The issue is not Right vs. Left. It is common sense opposing stubborn ignorance.:sad:

Last edited:
That is a cheap shot. First of all, Jean represents a cadet branch of the dynasty, which didn't ascend the throne until 1830 and was deposed shortly thereafter in 1848. Second, most royals besides the French (English/British, Spanish, Russian, Belgian, etc.) historically have "blood in their hands" and so do many republics including the United States and the French Republic itself. In any case, I don't see why Jean or his family should be held responsible in 2020 for events that happened between the 9th and the 18th centuries (when various branches of the Capetian dynasty ruled France).

Dangerous and trouble-making to put one's own words in the mouths of others.

I did not say he was in any way responsible for his ancestors' actions. I said he “represents a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands.”

This is just a sad fact about almost all Heads of Royal Houses - a fact, not a smear.

Last edited:
Dangerous and trouble-making to put your own words in other's mouths.

I did not say he was responsible for his ancestors' actions. I said he “represents a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands”

OK, but again, the Orléans are not the senior branch of that dynasty. The Spanish Bourbons (Bourbon-Anjou) are. And there are several other branches besides the Spanish Bourbons that are more senior than the Orléans (Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Bourbon-Parma, etc.).

The only reason why the Orléans (in my opinion) are the legitimate heirs to the Crowns of France and Navarre is that the more senior branches (representing the living agnatic descendants of Louis XIV) have been disqualified from the succession. Of course a minority disputes that assertion.

EDIT: During the French Revolution, the immediate ancestors of Louis-Philippe even sided with the revolutionaries against Louis XVI and Louis-Philippe himself usurped the throne of the legitimate descendants of Louis XV who were much more senior than he was. He also dropped the French royal flag and the French royal orders in favor of the republican tricolor flag and the "Légion d'Honneur" established by Napoleon (the Capetians' greatest foe). So the Orléans actually have a history of rebellion within the dynasty.

Last edited:
OK, but again, the Orléans are not the senior branch of that dynasty.

Perhaps you have read more into my post than was written? I never stated that Jean was the senior male Capet. Nor did I refer to any specific dynastic branches.

Last edited:
Statement from the Count of Paris on the attacks in Nice.

An umpteenth attack on our soil, this time on the eve of All Saints' Day, in a church.

It is France that is affected.

My first thoughts are with the victims and their families.

Against what unfortunately becomes an ordinary event of daily life, one must dare to react with firm measures.

This again leads us to question the Islamization of our nation and to condemn those who use it to wage war on us, inside and outside.

Back
Top Bottom