Jean, Comte de Paris, Head of the Royal House of France, Wife & Family 1, Feb 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Count of Paris with family posed for some photos during their skiing holidays in Lech on February 22:

** ppe gallery **

Interesting. I am curious to learn if the Orléans mingle with the Orange-Nassaus... Also in Lech now.

:previous:

I am not aware of much contact between the two families. Princess Beatrix went to the wedding of the Comte de Chambord to Dss Marie Therese of Württemberg. One of the Orleans princesses (Helene IIRC) attended the silver wedding festivities of Bernhard and Juliana but after that I don't think they appeared on each others events. A few children of Karl and Diane of Württemberg (IIRC Michael and Eleonore) did attend the 60th birthday of Queen Beatrix.

I am not aware of much contact between the two families. Princess Beatrix went to the wedding of the Comte de Chambord to Dss Marie Therese of Württemberg. One of the Orleans princesses (Helene IIRC) attended the silver wedding festivities of Bernhard and Juliana but after that I don't think they appeared on each others events. A few children of Karl and Diane of Württemberg (IIRC Michael and Eleonore) did attend the 60th birthday of Queen Beatrix.

Yes, that is why maybe the new Comte, who seems more accessible, less rigid and not so eccentric as his father and grandfather, will develop contacts with the Orange-Nassaus. Seems impossible to me not to miss, with all press, security and the top suites of Gasthof Post rented out, that the Dutch are in town.

A few weeks ago I saw a picture of the Dutch royals privately mingling with the Sultan of Yogjakarta. Who would ever have guessed the three princesses mingling with the Sultan's family?

Máxima seems a person to me to make new alliances and maintaining these. Princess Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander maybe are not so interested in having the Orléans in Lech. I can see Máxima reaching out to Jean and Philomena (whom is a native Spanish speaker, like herself).

Last edited:
MT of Wurtenberg married the Comte de Clermont.
There was more of 30 years ago a Club of Ex Kings or Pretenders with Sashes, Décorations and tiaras...
They were King Umberto of Italy , King Michel of Roumania, GD Vladimir of Russia , the Comte de Paris, King Simeon of Bulgaria and their wifes all blue blood except one!. They were at all the Royal Private Events !
An anecdote : the Comte de Paris was not that happy with the honors for the Prince and Princess de Monaco and Princess Marie Bonaparte/ Greece said to him : "Henri , eux ils règnent"

Last edited:
There was more of 30 years ago a Club of Ex Kings or Pretenders with Sashes, Décorations and tiaras...
They were King Umberto of Italy , King Michel of Roumania, GD Vladimir of Russia , the Comte de Paris, King Simeon of Bulgaria and their wifes all blue blood except one!. They were at all the Royal Private Events !
That is true. I was thinking about exactly that club a few weeks ago when some pictures from the wedding of Maria Vladimirovna Romanova to Franz Wilhelm of Preussen was released. The wedding guests featured many of the ex-monarchs and pretenders alive at the time and even the new King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia who less than a year earlier had been members of that very club.

MT of Wurtenberg married the Comte de Clermont.
An anecdote : the Comte de Paris was not that happy with the honors for the Prince and Princess de Monaco and Princess Marie Bonaparte/ Greece said to him : "Henri , eux ils règnent"

What was that club? Was the Duke of Bragança also a part?

Have a look to old magazines .. and you sill see .
Don Duarte was too young...

And all three of Beatrix sons attended the marriage of Duchess Mathilde of Württemberg in 1988. But none of the other Württemberg marriages some years later.

Lovely family photos. Love some of the royal families are giving us a peek of their kids and Easter to share with them. Not just random flower photos. :flowers:

Beautiful pictures of a happy family on a most holy day.

Lovely family, lovely domain also.

Last edited:
Lovely family but please leave out the ties next time...

Lovely family but please leave out the ties next time...

I think it were the princes themselves whom went on an adventurous treasure-hunt in Daddy's garderobe. Both ties are too long and too big, the Dauphin wore a polo-shirt even and his tie was not tucked neatly under the collar.

It tells me it was the boys' own idea and no intention of the parents to dress them up. They themselves were quite casual. It speaks for them that they let their little rascals free, even for a photo shoot. It only makes it more lovely: in the hen house with a tie...

Last edited:
"The other guy" Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón is more and more in the right wing spectrum, even speaking swollen ultra-orthodox Catholic language about the virus: this Easter France's bishops should consecrate the country to the Virgin, et al: "As a legitimate successor to the kings of France who have always understood their function in its double earthly and divine dimension, it is my duty to associate myself with it and I would do so in my soul and conscience "

As if France is not in 2020 and is not a very secular country... :ohmy:

In comparison Prince Jean and Princess Philomena come over as normal, laid-back and hands-on persons. Never swollen language from them. According their Facebook the Princess gives home schooling because of the confinement and apparently the visit to the hens' house was not only for the fluffy chickens, it was part of their day program with lessons, cultural activities as well learning the nature on the Royal Domain.

Last edited:
:previous: Don't Don Luis and his family live in NYC now?

Such a charming family! It seems that the sun is shining nicely there.

:previous: Don't Don Luis and his family live in NYC now?

It is a very globetrotting family but I believe his home base still is Spain. There is a French Facebook group reporting about the capétiens, with all sorts: Spain, Luxembourg, Two Siciles, Parma, Luis Alfonso, the Orléans, etc. It surprises me to see Luis Alfonso getting closer and closer in the rightwing and catholic spectrum. I used to see him as moderate, realistic and laid-back as Jean d'Orléans.

In the last months of his life Prince Henri d'Orléans suddenly became more religious. He even dedicated France to the Sacred Heart and placed this religious symbol in between the three fleurs-de-lys in his coat of arms with the Orléans silver lambelles removed...

Prince Jean just ignored this religious aberration and uses the traditional and heraldically correct coat of arms of the Maison d'Orléans proper.

Last edited:
"The other guy" Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón is more and more in the right wing spectrum, even speaking swollen ultra-orthodox Catholic language about the virus:

Is he not the guy, who could be the King of Spain now?

Well, the ancestors of the now King Felipe VI. have made obviously some arrangements with the now not so very popuar, long dead Dictator Franco.

Why not look ahead? France is a country in deep troubles now: bad state of public finances, unpopular reforms, a tumbling EU, the not so surprising appearance of right wing actors everywhere - in France Le Pen, which has partly a very strict catholic followership...

Looks, like "the other guy" is signaling in this direction and plans to make some arrangements with Le Pen...

And for his grandson everything will be forgotten...

Is he not the guy, who could be the King of Spain now?

Well, the ancestors of the now King Felipe VI. have made obviously some arrangements with the now not so very popuar, long dead Dictator Franco.

Why not look ahead? France is a country in deep troubles now: bad state of public finances, unpopular reforms, a tumbling EU, the not so surprising appearance of right wing actors everywhere - in France Le Pen, which has partly a very strict catholic followership...

Looks, like "the other guy" is signaling in this direction and plans to make some arrangements with Le Pen...

And for his grandson everything will be forgotten...

Luis Alfonso can only be King of France when the international Treaty of Utrecht (co-signed by France, Spain, Great-Britain, the United Provinces, Portugal and Savoy) is repealed.

That very Treaty precisely "delivered" a Bourbon on the throne of France ánd a Bourbon on the throne of Spain. Two immense empires in Bourbon hands. Especially to prevent the two thrones to be in one hand, for ever the Spanish Bourbons abstained from all rights on the throne of France, vice-versa.

If Don Luis Alfonso rejects this international Treaty, he is exactly taking away the very base why his grandfather was Prince of Asturias and Infant of Spain in the first place.

Luis Alfonso can only be King of France when the international Treaty of Utrecht (co-signed by France, Spain, Great-Britain, the United Provinces, Portugal and Savoy) is repealed.

That very Treaty precisely "delivered" a Bourbon on the throne of France ánd a Bourbon on the throne of Spain. Two immense empires in Bourbon hands. Especially to prevent the two thrones to be in one hand, for ever the Spanish Bourbons abstained from all rights on the throne of France, vice-versa.

If Don Luis Alfonso rejects this international Treaty, he is exactly taking away the very base why his grandfather was Prince of Asturias and Infant of Spain in the first place.

Thank you very much!

:flowers:

I am not familiar at all with the recent history of the House Bourbon. It sounds interesting!

But it makes me wonder, if this Treaty of Utrecht is of any relevance in times of very constituional monarchies, in which the Monarch has more of a representative function. I mean, it is a Treaty from 1713...?

"The other guy" Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón is more and more in the right wing spectrum, even speaking swollen ultra-orthodox Catholic language about the virus: this Easter France's bishops should consecrate the country to the Virgin, et al: "As a legitimate successor to the kings of France who have always understood their function in its double earthly and divine dimension, it is my duty to associate myself with it and I would do so in my soul and conscience "

As if France is not in 2020 and is not a very secular country... :ohmy:

In comparison Prince Jean and Princess Philomena come over as normal, laid-back and hands-on persons. Never swollen language from them. According their Facebook the Princess gives home schooling because of the confinement and apparently the visit to the hens' house was not only for the fluffy chickens, it was part of their day program with lessons, cultural activities as well learning the nature on the Royal Domain.

Actually, Jean is very right wing also, he gave an interview to "L'incorrect" magazine (http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/entretien-du-comte-de-paris-dans-lincorrect/) whose director is part of "L'action française", the institution is a traditionnal catholic association advocating for the restauration of the monarchy.

Their children are home schooled from the start not only during the confinement and Gaston was sent to a male only boarding school last year in the south of France (before age 10) and the school is known for its very very catholic traditionnal approach, it is a private school independant from the state (there are public dependant on State schools and catholic private school dependant on the state in France, it's very rare to go to an independant school, it happens only to people who fear the state school program). Gaston went from being home schooled to a traditional catholic independant from state private school at age 9. He never had the occasion to be friend with other children of Dreux.

By the way, I find it very tacky from them to hire a photograph when people are asked to be confined. Can't they wait one more month ? It is also tacky to see two very young boys wearing tie for a home photo session in their garden, especially when they are wearing shorts pants and polo. Why make Gaston wearing a fleur de Lys tie, do they fear people would forget their "titles"?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom