The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2020, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Communiqué from the Prince Jean:

Nous vous remercions chaleureusement pour les nombreux messages de soutien et manifestations de sympathie reçus ces derniers jours.

Nous continuons à travailler pour que la Fondation Saint-Louis retrouve les objectifs que lui avait fixés son fondateur, mon grand-père : mettre la Famille de France au service de son patrimoine, et mettre ce patrimoine au service de la France et des Français.

( We warmly thank you all for the many messages of support and expressions of sympathy received in recent days.

We continue to work so that the Fondation Saint-Louis rediscovers the objectives set for it by its founder, my grandfather: to put the Famille de France at the service of its heritage, and to put this heritage at the service of France and the French.)

Link: https://comtedeparis.com/1212-2/

Old 09-12-2020, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
That had to do with foundation staff apparently making derogatory remarks about the family dog, which is rather a large creature. Cannot think of the breed off the top of my head. Anyway, one suspects that at least one member of the family heard comments about their pet that bothered them - especially if it was one of the children who overheard the staff.
The family dog is called Léonora and she is a Chien de Terre Neuve, in English: a Newfoundlander.

Picture- little Princess Jacinthe playing with gentle giant Léonora:
https://www.jesuisfrancais.blog/wp-c...o-1024x683.jpg

Old 10-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

"She is 2 years old today but she took care of the flowers. Happy birthday to Princess Jacinthe!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGH8IAcH7zt/
Old 10-10-2020, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jacinthe has grown into a beautiful little girl! I hope she had a lovely birthday despite the current situation.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-11-2020, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Jacinthe looks delightful with the flowers. It is good to start learning about plants when one is quite young.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Message from Jean, Count of Paris:
"The government is suspending the exercise of civil liberties in light of the hospital bed shortages it has created.
He suffers the crisis and compensates for his impotence with intrusive measures.

We are a nation of free and responsible people that the state must govern and not govern."

https://www.facebook.com/10004422961...5089219975397/
Old 10-15-2020, 08:01 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Oh no! The count has joined the anti-virus lunatics. Not surprising considering he supported the neon-fascists of the yellow vests at a previous occasion but nonetheless rather disappointing.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Pay the rent of your House as the Foundation wanted , work and remain silent !
Old 10-16-2020, 05:57 AM
Majesty

^^^^^ Too right!
Old 10-16-2020, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yikes. If I hear one more anti-virus idiot (had to refrain from swearing!) bang on about their "civil liberties" I'll scream. I'm also worried about my civil liberties if I end up dying of the virus because I won't have any as a deceased person. Selfish and irresponsible of Jean, especially with a young family.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Oh no! The count has joined the anti-virus lunatics. Not surprising considering he supported the neon-fascists of the yellow vests at a previous occasion but nonetheless rather disappointing.
Very disappointing indeed. I was developing the beginning of a soft spot for Jean and his family.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-17-2020, 07:44 AM
Gentry

Jean after all does represent a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands, and now Jean has found a quirky indirect way to continue the family tradition.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Very disappointing indeed. I was developing the beginning of a soft spot for Jean and his family.

It is not surprising to me. Not only the royals themselves, but French monarchists in general tend to be very right-wing (despite the Orléans being normally identified with a more liberal position). And, in several countries, people of right-wing leanings throughout this pandemic have shown a tendency to oppose lockdowns, compulsory use of masks, etc.

Even in the UK, early in the pandemic (like in January or February), members of the RF such as the Duke of Cambridge were quoted as saying (semi)privately that the Covid situation "was overblown". They fell in line under government guidelines when the situation got worse, but still refuse to set an example by wearing masks in public for instance, unless legally required to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addapalla View Post
Jean after all does represent a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands, and now Jean has found a quirky indirect way to continue the family tradition.

That is a cheap shot. First of all, Jean represents a cadet branch of the dynasty, which didn't ascend the throne until 1830 and was deposed shortly thereafter in 1848. Second, most royals besides the French (English/British, Spanish, Russian, Belgian, etc.) historically have "blood in their hands" and so do many republics including the United States and the French Republic itself. In any case, I don't see why Jean or his family should be held responsible in 2020 for events that happened between the 9th and the 18th centuries (when various branches of the Capetian dynasty ruled France).
Old 10-17-2020, 09:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

I understand and agree with your point about the traditional right wing inclinations of French Royals and monarchists.

But I have never viewed the safety precautions deemed necessary by this pandemic to be a conservative/ liberal issue. I am beyond exasperated that many people ...spurred on by irresponsible leaders and online conspiracists...have been allowed to politicize what is above all a public health and safety mandate. Absent of a vaccine, social distancing and face masks are what we have.

Or do HRH and others whinging and sniping about their civil liberties have a better idea to contain this epidemic?

The issue is not Right vs. Left. It is common sense opposing stubborn ignorance.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-17-2020, 09:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
That is a cheap shot. First of all, Jean represents a cadet branch of the dynasty, which didn't ascend the throne until 1830 and was deposed shortly thereafter in 1848. Second, most royals besides the French (English/British, Spanish, Russian, Belgian, etc.) historically have "blood in their hands" and so do many republics including the United States and the French Republic itself. In any case, I don't see why Jean or his family should be held responsible in 2020 for events that happened between the 9th and the 18th centuries (when various branches of the Capetian dynasty ruled France).
Dangerous and trouble-making to put one's own words in the mouths of others.

I did not say he was in any way responsible for his ancestors' actions. I said he “represents a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands.”

This is just a sad fact about almost all Heads of Royal Houses - a fact, not a smear.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addapalla View Post
Dangerous and trouble-making to put your own words in other's mouths.

I did not say he was responsible for his ancestors' actions. I said he “represents a dynasty that is responsible for countless wars, rebellions and persecutions. Indeed, his ancestors have the blood of millions on their hands”

OK, but again, the Orléans are not the senior branch of that dynasty. The Spanish Bourbons (Bourbon-Anjou) are. And there are several other branches besides the Spanish Bourbons that are more senior than the Orléans (Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Bourbon-Parma, etc.).

The only reason why the Orléans (in my opinion) are the legitimate heirs to the Crowns of France and Navarre is that the more senior branches (representing the living agnatic descendants of Louis XIV) have been disqualified from the succession. Of course a minority disputes that assertion.

EDIT: During the French Revolution, the immediate ancestors of Louis-Philippe even sided with the revolutionaries against Louis XVI and Louis-Philippe himself usurped the throne of the legitimate descendants of Louis XV who were much more senior than he was. He also dropped the French royal flag and the French royal orders in favor of the republican tricolor flag and the "Légion d'Honneur" established by Napoleon (the Capetians' greatest foe). So the Orléans actually have a history of rebellion within the dynasty.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
OK, but again, the Orléans are not the senior branch of that dynasty.
Perhaps you have read more into my post than was written? I never stated that Jean was the senior male Capet. Nor did I refer to any specific dynastic branches.