Jean, Comte de Paris, Head of the Royal House of France, Wife & Family 1, Feb 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to Prince Jean and Princess Philomena!
I like the fact that Prince Alphonse has Francois as one of his middle names.

Congratulations to the whole family on the birth of prince Alphonse Charles François Marie. Indeed lovely that the name of his uncle Francois is included.

I mainly associate the name Alphonse with the Spanish Bourbons. Is there a link to the Orleans family as well?
Edit: Philomena's father's name is Alfonso. So, he is named after his (indeed Spanish) grandfather.

I expect prince Gabriel vuz Liechtenstein to be one of the godparents. All his siblings are godparents to the newborn's siblings. I guess, his name is not included as Alphonse's brother Joseph already has 'Gabriel' as one of his middle names. I wonder which Charles might be a godfather to little Alphonse; Charles-Philippe seems unlike given the recent feud. Maybe hereditary grand duke Guillaume somewhat representing his son?

Last edited:
Congratulations to the whole family on the birth of prince Alphonse Charles François Marie. Indeed lovely that the name of his uncle Francois is included.

I mainly associate the name Alphonse with the Spanish Bourbons. Is there a link to the Orleans family as well?
Edit: Philomena's father's name is Alfonso. So, he is named after his (indeed Spanish) grandfather.

I expect prince Gabriel vuz Liechtenstein to be one of the godparents. All his siblings are godparents to the newborn's siblings. I guess, his name is not included as Alphonse's brother Joseph already has 'Gabriel' as one of his middle names. I wonder which Charles might be a godfather to little Alphonse; Charles-Philippe seems unlike given the recent feud. Maybe hereditary grand duke Guillaume somewhat representing his son?
Indeed nice to include the Name François as he was Born on the Day his uncle died. I guess Alphonse is after Philomenas father who was named Alfonso

Last edited:
Nicolas of Roumanie is one of the Godfather's of the Comte de Paris Children. Strange!

:previous: Very religious traditionally Catholic families usually baptize earlier than most.

TRH now have 3 sons and 3 daughters. That's a good team;)

Did they announce the godparents of their son as well?

We will probably not know the identities of godparents sooner than at the baptism ceremony.

We will probably not know the identities of godparents sooner than at the baptism ceremony.

But he was already christened, on 6 January, as it is said in the Instagram post shared here

They didn't announce it but I assume the third picture shows at least the godmother (holding him for his baptism). The godfather is hidden behind the officiant but seems to have grey hair. The lady blue also seems to be a godmother and the younger man mostly hidden in the middle is most likely prince Gabriel of Liechtenstein (the only one of his sibling who wasn't a godparent yet to one of his cousins).

That must be a first for Infante Dinis of Portugal, Duke of Porto?

Do the Count and Countess of Paris still reside in the Royal Domain of Dreux?

Last I remember is that they are still living in Carcassonne near Toulouse. I visited Dreux in June 2022 and they already moved away after a disagreement with the direction of the foundation and witht he people working there.

The Count of Paris, Prince Joachim Murat and Princess Yasmine Murat attended the commemorative mass in honour of King Louis XVI at Saint-Germain L'Auxerrois church in Paris today, January 20:

** gettyimages gallery **

His Father , Prince Henri d'Orleans ,was ready to attend the commemorative mass for King Louis XVI and died just before going.

Count of Paris was this Sunday at the 17th edition of Naturalies, a plant market which celebrates the arrival of spring.

Back
Top Bottom