The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 11-19-2020, 11:39 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 18,976
"The Countess of Paris joins me in wishing a very happy birthday to Prince Gaston who turns 11 today!"


https://twitter.com/PJComtedeParis/s...005511/photo/1
__________________

__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2021!!
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 11-19-2020, 01:10 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 6,302
Yesterday at Drouot Paris, Monseigneur , they sold a lot Pictures, letters , items a great deal of books belonging to Your House and belonging to your Grand Parents Estate.
Nearly all the Orleans items were sold through internet.
A silver cigarette box , on which was written "A notre Tante Bebelle " estimated 200 euros was sold 600 euros + 15 %. Selling Presents for money is not fine !
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 11-19-2020, 02:49 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"The Countess of Paris joins me in wishing a very happy birthday to Prince Gaston who turns 11 today!"


https://twitter.com/PJComtedeParis/s...005511/photo/1
I'd imagine that she doesn't need her husband's Twitter to wish her son a very happy 11th birthday
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 11-21-2020, 09:11 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I'd imagine that she doesn't need her husband's Twitter to wish her son a very happy 11th birthday
They are just sharing the young Dauphin's birthday with the world.

Good to see that the Orléans family is back at the Domaine Royal de Dreux. Hopefully the dispute with the Fondation Saint-Louis (juridical owner) and Prince Jean (beneficiary of the Fondation) has been settled
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 11-21-2020, 09:40 AM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
They are just sharing the young Dauphin's birthday with the world.

Good to see that the Orléans family is back at the Domaine Royal de Dreux. Hopefully the dispute with the Fondation Saint-Louis (juridical owner) and Prince Jean (beneficiary of the Fondation) has been settled
That's perfectly fine. I was mainly surprised by the wording of the tweet stating that the countess of Paris joined him in wishing their son a happy birthday - as if she couldn't personally communicate with him. A general 'happy birthday' to Gaston (or 'our son' if he wanted to include his wife) would haven been fine .
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 12-03-2020, 10:00 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 5,615
The Count of Paris mourns the death of President Valéry Giscard d'Estaing.

Quote:
I am sad to learn of the death of President Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, whom I have met on various public and private occasions. I extend my condolences to Ms. Giscard d'Estaing and her children.
Jean, count of Paris
https://www.facebook.com/comtedepari...33107744840211
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 12-03-2020, 11:50 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
The Count of Paris mourns the death of President Valéry Giscard d'Estaing.



https://www.facebook.com/comtedepari...33107744840211
The late President's widow, Madame Anne-Aymone Giscard d'Estaing is a daughter of François Sauvage de Brantes, comte de Brantes and of Aymone princesse de Faucigny-Lucinge et Coligny.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 12-15-2020, 10:50 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 18,976
Count of Paris share a picture of his children:


"Memory of a beautiful sunny day with the family in Lourdes."


https://www.instagram.com/p/CI0sis6F5sJ/
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2021!!
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 12-24-2020, 07:16 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 56,410
On December 8 the Count and Countess of Paris and their children posed for a large Christmas photo session at Montreal de l'Aude, near Carcassonne, France.

The photos were taken at their home, garden, St. Vincent Collegiate Church, Saint Dominique School of Cammazou and at the village.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 12-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: tacoma, United States
Posts: 639
Seems to be a very close knit family. Each child is involved in something, that is really great. And yes having children is a 24/7 job and commitment. Great to see them this way.
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 12-25-2020, 10:52 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 5,615
Philomena, Countess of Paris in an interview with Point de Vue.

https://www.pointdevue.fr/familles-r...tous-les-jours
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 12-28-2020, 06:20 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13,876
Christmas card of the family:

La carte de voeux du comte et de la comtesse de Paris – Noblesse & Royautés
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 12-28-2020, 07:01 PM
titiromi's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 486
We learnt from the Point de vue interview of Princess Philomena that the family is currently staying at the Princess’s english cousin’s wife. They hope to be able to return to Dreux one day.

Antoinette, Joseph and Louise-Marguerite were enrolled in school for the first time. They were homeschooled previously. The girls are attending a girls only school directed by dominican sisters where they are only allowed to write with fountain pen and ink.

Gaston was not confortable being a Boarding student so now he only stays during school hours.

Philomena prefers homeschooling but she said it needs organization and given the situation they are facing, it is hard to keep the children at home (she said they left Dreux for the south of France hastily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
On December 8 the Count and Countess of Paris and their children posed for a large Christmas photo session at Montreal de l'Aude, near Carcassonne, France.

The photos were taken at their home, garden, St. Vincent Collegiate Church, Saint Dominique School of Cammazou and at the village.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 12-28-2020, 09:48 PM
Benjamin's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 1,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
We learnt from the Point de vue interview of Princess Philomena that the family is currently staying at the Princess’s english cousin’s wife. They hope to be able to return to Dreux one day.
Wonder which British cousin's home they have settled at for the time being.

Practically all of the cousins of the Countess of Paris are German or Spanish and have married spouses from the same background.
__________________
Sii forte.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 12-29-2020, 03:00 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 22,575
I believe they are talking about a British cousin from the Duchess' side of the family?

A pity relations between the foundation and the duke has detoriated further.

I am surprised that homeschooling is allowed in France. The way they describe the schooling seems to be preparing the children for a life in the 1930s, not for the 2030s.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 12-29-2020, 03:33 AM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: T., Belgium
Posts: 2,521
They sound completely out of touch with the society they're living in. The opposite of their reigning "cousins" really.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 01-01-2021, 05:21 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 18,976
"Children pray with this light of hope that everyone has a great year 2021.

The Countess and I wish you a Happy New Year."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJf5GOKFcS_/
__________________
#ΜΕΝΟΥΜΕ ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΣ! #StaySafe! and the 2021!!
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 01-01-2021, 05:55 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,765
I believe the relationship with the Fondation Saint-Louis has improved. From media I understood the princely family loved their self-chosen "exile" from the Domaine Royal de Dreux, felt free from the prying eyes of the Fondation. They have no hurry to return, so to say. I understood they have a house somewhere in Toulon/Hyères (in the Var, at the Méditerranée) while the young Dauphin goes to a pensionnat in Carcassonne (between Tours and the Pyrénées).
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 01-01-2021, 06:28 AM
rominet09's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LIEGE, Belgium
Posts: 4,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I believe they are talking about a British cousin from the Duchess' side of the family?

A pity relations between the foundation and the duke has detoriated further.

I am surprised that homeschooling is allowed in France. The way they describe the schooling seems to be preparing the children for a life in the 1930s, not for the 2030s.
In the interview with Point de Vue, Philomena said that she had stopped homeschooling them.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 01-01-2021, 06:33 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I believe the relationship with the Fondation Saint-Louis has improved. From media I understood the princely family loved their self-chosen "exile" from the Domaine Royal de Dreux, felt free from the prying eyes of the Fondation. They have no hurry to return, so to say. I understood they have a house somewhere in Toulon/Hyères (in the Var, at the Méditerranée) while the young Dauphin goes to a pensionnat in Carcassonne (between Tours and the Pyrénées).
From what I understand, their home is in the pensionnat's neighbourhood and belongs to one of Philomena's cousins.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Henri, Comte de Paris (1933-2019), Head of the Royal House of France, wives & family Idriel Royal Families of France 199 03-21-2021 06:14 PM
Death & Funeral of Prince Henri, Count of Paris - 21 Jan. / 2 Feb. 2019 eya Royal Families of France 211 04-02-2019 07:56 AM
Henri, Count of Paris, Head of the Royal House of France (1908-1999) Marengo Royal Families of France 27 07-27-2014 10:38 PM
Henri, Comte de Paris and Princesse de Joinville, religious wedding 26 September 2009 vincent Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 34 09-29-2009 01:31 PM
Comte de Paris to run for French presidency; May 2007 Marengo Royal Families of France 8 05-07-2007 06:17 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abu dhabi american anastasia 2020 baby names britannia british royal family buckingham palace canada carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing cpr dna dresses duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of snowdon edward vii elizabeth ii emperor fantasy movie general news thread george vi gradenigo hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history hochberg hypothetical monarchs interesting introduction jewellery jewelry list of rulers maxima mountbatten names nepal nepalese royal family pless prince charles of luxembourg prince harry princess ariane princess chulabhorn princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen louise resusci anne royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royalty of taiwan royal wedding russian court dress spain stuart thailand thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america wales wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×