Jean, Comte de Paris, Head of the Royal House of France, Wife & Family 1, Feb 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Jean, Comte de Paris, Head of the Royal House of France, Wife & Family 1, Feb 2019 -

Arms of the Royal Family of France

Welcome to thread of Prince Jean of Orléans, Count of Paris [formerly Duke of Vendôme], Head of the Royal Family of France, Philomena, Countess of Paris and their children.

Commencing February 6th, 2019

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

It sounds like it wasn't an easy or close father-son relationship, but I am impressed by the sensitivity, respect and tact with which HRH pays tribute to his late father.

It sounds like it wasn't an easy or close father-son relationship, but I am impressed by the sensitivity, respect and tact with which HRH pays tribute to his late father.

Yes its quite sad but at least he said that at least towards the end they had mended some fences.

Prince Jean d'Orléans has a new website: https://comtedeparis.com/

I am happy he uses the traditional Arms of France: a shield of azure with three golden fleurs-de-lys (as you can see in my avatar).

In December his late father suddenly changed these Arms with the addition of a Sacré-Coeur in between the three fleurs-de-lys, but the new head of the House has - so to see - not followed that strange and ugly aberration.

Last edited:
I Don't really see the link between Leonardo da Vinci and the Royale family of France…. can someone enlighten me ?:ermm:
Leonardo Da Vinci died in the city of Amboise where he lived for the last few years of his life supported by his close friend King Francois I.

I Don't really see the link between Leonardo da Vinci and the Royale family of France…. can someone enlighten me ?:ermm:

In 1516 Francis I seized control again of Milan. At the time Leonardo was a guest of Pope Leo (same time Michelangelo and Rafael were working in the Vatican). He accompanied the Pope to meet Francis, and was commissioned by Francis who was quite a art patron, to create a golden lion. Francis later offered him a home and a pension to spend out his remaining years in France. They became friends over the three years that Leonardo was in France.

I admit I read on it after watching 'Ever After'. I was surprised to see Da Vinchi in it and thought it was purely fictional as the rest of the movie was. It was in the sense he wasn't at court, but he was certainly in France.

Doesn't prince Jean support the thugs in the yellow vests? One must assume he can keep a meeting with the president a civil affair ;).

JR76 said:
Leonardo Da Vinci died in the city of Amboise where he lived for the last few years of his life supported by his close friend King Francois I.

Thanks! I was also wondering about the link as well.

The Castle of Amboise belonged to the Comte de Paris Henri Senior. Is it still yet?

Did President Macron asked to visit or was he asked. Question of the french newspapers!

The Castle of Amboise belonged to the Comte de Paris Henri Senior. Is it still yet?

Since 1974, the château has been administered by the Fondation St Louis, which the late Count of Paris created and placed various properties into its care.

Leonardo Da Vinci spent his last years and died at the Chateau du Clos Lucé, near to the Royal Castle of Amboise.
His remains are also buried within the grounds of the Castle of Amboise, in the Chapel of Saint Hubert.

Today, May 2, the family attended a ceremony to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the death of Italian Renaissance painter and scientist Leonardo da Vinci at Amboise Castle. French President Emmanuel Macron and his wife were present as well:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

I think today is the 10th anniversary of their wedding.

:previous:

You are right: the religious wedding was held on May 2, 2009, the civil wedding took place in March that year.

I believe the castle was owned by the duke de Saint-Simon - known mostly for his memoires of Versailles.

IIRC, his siblings Prince François and Princess Blanche lived at L'Arche communities at some points during their lives.

The passing of Monsieur Vanier surely means a great deal to the Count of Paris, his mother the Duchess of Montpensier, and his surviving brother and sisters.

Yes they did :flowers:

I am not sure about Francois where he was, but Blanche was at L'Arche d'Aigrefoin. They would spend weekends and some holidays with their family and grandparents but most of the week at the community.

IIRC, his siblings Prince François and Princess Blanche lived at L'Arche communities at some points during their lives.

The passing of Monsieur Vanier surely means a great deal to the Count of Paris, his mother the Duchess of Montpensier, and his surviving brother and sisters.

I can imagine that perhaps several members of the Orleans family will be present at Mr. Vanier's funeral, given how much L'Arche must have helped Francois and Blanche during their time living there.

Back
Top Bottom