Henri, Comte de Paris (1933-2019), Head of the Royal House of France, wives & family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
His way of speaking about the main branch of the Bourbons is really unfortunate.

The Count and Countess of Paris posed for some photos during their holidays in Pedrogao Pequeno, Portugal on July 19, to mark their 5th religious wedding anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

'Les Orleans' sont maudits,et avec raison.Et le feu le comte de Paris était tout simplement une crapule de la pire espèce ...
La succession du comte de Paris aiguise l'appétit du prince Jean

I missed this one completely. What a mess the late count left. 'Nothing but hate' in his own words. Quite sad. And now the Duke of Vendome is demanding a share of the inheritance too, afer his father, uncles and aunts won the case against the St. Louis foundation.

Several members of the family including the Comte de Paris and his wife, the Duke and the Duchess of Vendôme, Princess Chantal, the Duchess of Montpensier and others attended the opening of Princess Marie of Liechtenstein's exhibition "Au fil de l'eau in Paris on November 6. Youngest guest and centre of attention was 3-month-old Princess Louise-Marguerite.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 * Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

A sharp reaction by Prince Henri d'Orléans on an article in Figaro Magazine which was commented. It more or less went about three things: the Orléans were no Bourbons and they can not have the Arms of France, Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez Bordiú is the senior Bourbon line, the marriage of the Prince with his second spouse was not dynastical, etc.

Beyond the writings and interpretations which caused reactions, as we can see in the article written by Monsieur Stéphane Bern in the last Figaro Magazine, I would like to make certain clarifications to unsuspecting readers. An old custom is that our dynastic branch, Bourbon-Orléans, is designated by it's last name, while other Capetian branches from Henri IV are named after Bourbon-Busset, Bourbon-Parma, Bourbon-Deux Siciles or Spain. The designation Orléans does not prevent us from being Bourbon-Orléans. The practice is one thing, reality is another!

Moreover there is a fiction, which appeared in 1987, that there is a sort of hierarchy between the capétiens. If we accept this fiction, then we must assume it in all it's reality: the most senior branch of the capétiens exists: it is French and not Spanish. It is the branch of Bourbon-Busset. Some dismiss them on grounds that the marriage of Louis de Bourbon, Prince-Bishop of Lìège at the time was not recognized by King Louis XI. This branch of the capétiens has firmly rooted. Honesty would dictate that when we dig further into the Capetian legitimacy of the Spanish Bourbons, history tells us that since the reign of the Queens Maria-Luisa and Isabel, the Capetian blood no longer flows in the veins of their successors, except those of King Juan Carlos through the marriage of his father with Doña María de las Mercedes (de Borbón-Dos Sicilias y Orléans). This does not matter anyway because in Spain, since the "Pragmatic Sanction" of King Carlos VII of Spain, the "Salic Law" has been repealed: females can transmit the reign and the dynastic torch. All this still is not the case in France and in the Royal House of France.

Finally it is necessary to make clear that I have requested my father, when he was Chef de la Maison Royale de France, and before my civil and religious remarriage with Micaela Cousiño Quiñones dé Léon, daughter of the Marquise de San Carlos, Grande de España, to grant Marie-Thérèse, Duchess of Württemberg the title Duchesse de Montpensier, to honour the Mother of the Enfants de France.

Done at Ascain, July 18th, 2015

Henri

http://www.vexilla-galliae.fr/royau...e-ouverte-a-sar-le-prince-henri-duc-d-orleans

Last edited:
An older article from the Portuguese press (translated from the Spanish 'El Mundo'), from April 2014. It is about Princess Beatrice d'Orleans, Css of Evreux.

Due to the economic crisis the countess lives in a house in the Salamanca district of Madrid that she shares with 3 people. She rents a room for 500 euros per month.

Article in Portuguese.

Google translate.

Last edited:
Prince Claude of Orleans's husband Enrico Gandolfi died. Requiescat in pace!

Am I the only one to find that ridiculous....

Why is that ridiculous? The Comte de Paris leaves the line of succession intact from most senior legitimate male agnate to the next most senior legitimate male agnate in the Famille de France. He is no King, there is no Parliament, there is no royal Constitution in force. The Comte de Paris respects the existing set of rules and sees his eldest son Prince François, Comte de Clermont as the rightful Dauphin.

Prince François sadly is not capable to act as the Head of the Maison de France and therefore his eldest brother Prince Jean is appointed as Régent du Dauphin. Prince Jean will be assisted by a Board of Guardians. It is a very elegant solution wit full respect to the undeniable royal birthright of Prince François, the eldest son of Henri d'Orléans and of Maria Theresia von Württemberg.

My esteem and admiration for Prince Henri has only grown. Instead of shoving aside, of neglecting, of hiding his mentally disabled son, he keeps his rights and his position intact. I like that very, very much. Vive le Prince!

Last edited:
I gather rominet might be surprised by terms as "counsil of state" and "regent" since the maison de France is not a reigning one.

Last edited:
Oh in that way. I think it is only logical that a regent is appointed and helped (controlled) by a council to take care of the interests of Prince François. How often have we not heard or read about "guardians" or "custodians" who sucked the person in their care into a total bankruptcy while filling their own bank accounts? So on his turn Prince Jean is controlled, how he manages the interests of his brother and of the House. A wise decision.

In Romania -another defunct monarchy- there is also such a council, even with Archduke Lorenz of Austria-Este, Prince of Belgium having a seat in it... Apparently that Council backed the transfer of royal duties to Princess Margareta, the current "curator of the throne" and the exit of Nicholas Medforth-Mills, so it seems not unique to have a council.

Last edited:
It is understandable that Count of Paris wants to follow the usual succession line. Prince Jean's children are going to continue the blood line. I highly doubt that Prince Jean will misappropriate Prince Francois' inheritance and leave him penniless.
I too find the council a bit odd.

Last edited:

Princess Chantal with her husband Baron Francois Xavier de Sanbucy de Sorgues attended a reception for the 'King of Belgians Day' at the Belgium Ambassy in Paris yesterday, November 15:

** Pic **

Prince Henri raised some valid points and also produced nonsenses. He can not blame Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón for using titles of pretension while he himself uses the fantasy titles Comte de Paris and Duc de France...

He should stick to the title which is undoubtedly his: Duc d'Orléans, an ancient and proud title.

"The pretender to the throne of France, Henri d’Orléans, Count of Paris, Duke of France, has previously said in several interviews that he would not support any candidates for the French presidential election. Now, he has changed his opinion and stands behind the Republicans (or Les Républicains) candidate, François Fillon. This came to light after he posted a tweet on his personal Twitter profile."

Pretender to the French throne takes side in the upcoming French presidential election – Royal Central

The choice of Fillon is an obvious one. That is the candidate with the deepest roots in La France Profonde. Fillon's core base are the conservatives, the catholics, the gaullists and the overwhelming majority of the royalists can be found in that electoral base.

His son Prince Jean maybe is more leaning towards Macron: an open, modern, outward-looking France with a positive vibe towards Europe.

That said, there are aristocrats supporting Le Pen. One of the most important figures in the Front National is Wallerand de Saint-Just.

Last edited:
The choice of Fillon is an obvious one. That is the candidate with the deepest roots in La France Profonde. Fillon's core base are the conservatives, the catholics, the gaullists and the overwhelming majority of the royalists can be found in that electoral base.

His son Prince Jean maybe is more leaning towards Macron: an open, modern, outward-looking France with a positive vibe towards Europe.

That said, there are aristocrats supporting Le Pen. One of the most important figures in the Front National is Wallerand de Saint-Just.

The royal family should not support any candidate.

Back
Top Bottom