The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2021, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

"Our friend François de Rolleboise, one of the Officers of the Crown, with Madame la Comtesse Douairière de Paris this weekend."

https://mobile.twitter.com/courrierr...829637/photo/1

Old 10-11-2021, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

My God, how she has aged ! Normal of course but she doesn't look healthy. I hope I am wrong.

Old 03-13-2022, 05:50 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The dowager countess of Paris has passed away today at the age of 83.

https://twitter.com/PJ_Auroux/status...yIgbsr-mrZkp1w
Old 03-13-2022, 06:08 PM
Majesty

What sad news. RIP
Old 03-13-2022, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I am sorry for her family. Let her be in peace.
Old 03-14-2022, 08:35 AM
Majesty

I wonder where will be her funerals ? at Dreux ??

in 1990 , she was Princesse de Joinville
in 1999 , she was SAR Duchesse de France, Princesse de Joinville
in 2002 , she was SAR la Comtesse de Paris , Duchesse de France
in 2019 until 13/3/2022 she was SAR la comtesse douairière de Paris, Duchesse de France
Old 03-14-2022, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I wonder where will be her funerals ? at Dreux ??
I assume the funeral and burial will be at the Chapelle Royale de Dreux.
Old 03-14-2022, 01:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

The message of the Count of Paris about the death of Princess Micaela:

"Her Royal Highness Princess Micaela, whom my father married in second marriage, died this Sunday, March 13, 2022. I assure her son Alexis Francis-Boeuf and his relatives of my sincere condolences."

https://comtedeparis.com/disparition...cesse-micaela/

R.I.P and my condolences to her family.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Why did the late dowager Countess's father-in-law originally not approve the marriage as dynastic, and why did he subsequently award a personal title to her (was it in order to discourage her from using that of her husband)?

As an English speaker, the message of condolence from the Count of Paris gives me somewhat of a sense that he was not very close to his stepmother or stepbrother, but the tone might be lost in translation.

As an aside, it is interesting that both the Orléans and Bourbon pretenders are calling wives by their own given names and not traditionally by their husbands' given names.
Old 03-14-2022, 03:17 PM
Majesty

Not a warm message at all. He don't like her at Dreux at she will rest for ever at St Jean de Luz.
What a family without a heart !
Old 03-14-2022, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Why did the late dowager Countess's father-in-law originally not approve the marriage as dynastic, and why did he subsequently award a personal title to her (was it in order to discourage her from using that of her husband)?
That has to do with how his son left his first wife and left her alone with 5 children from which 2 where disabled. He supported her and also gave her the Title Duchess of Montpensier. At some point he and his son reconciled and that was when he gave Micaela the Title Princess of Joinville. He also disinherited Henri and gave him a lesser Title and when they reconciled he restored his rights and Title Count of Clermont.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:25 PM
Majesty

His lesser title was Comte de Mortain.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The message of the Count of Paris about the death of Princess Micaela:

"Her Royal Highness Princess Micaela, whom my father married in second marriage, died this Sunday, March 13, 2022. I assure her son Alexis Francis-Boeuf and his relatives of my sincere condolences."

https://comtedeparis.com/disparition...cesse-micaela/

R.I.P and my condolences to her family.
Wow. I have received bill collection notices that sounded warmer.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 03-14-2022, 06:30 PM
Majesty

She was Comtesse Douairière de Paris ! and not only Princess Micaela !
Old 03-14-2022, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That has to do with how his son left his first wife and left her alone with 5 children from which 2 where disabled. He supported her and also gave her the Title Duchess of Montpensier. At some point he and his son reconciled and that was when he gave Micaela the Title Princess of Joinville. He also disinherited Henri and gave him a lesser Title and when they reconciled he restored his rights and Title Count of Clermont.
Thanks. That makes it understandable, then, if his child(ren) were not close to his second wife, or to him for that matter. It's fortunate that his first wife was able to receive some support from her father-in-law.
Old 03-14-2022, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

To be fair, her correct title was la princesse Micaela d'Orléans née Cousino y Quiñones de León.

Any other form like "princesse de Joinville" or "la douairière comtesse de Paris" purely were titles by pretension. When I see Jean signing as "Jean, Comte de Paris" then I think pfffffff. He is le prince Jean d'Orléans. What is wrong with that grand and illustrious title?

(His father even used that ridiculous Duc de France...)
Old 03-15-2022, 05:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

According her son Alexis Francis-Boeuf (he posted at his Facebook page) the funeral of the Princess Micaela will take place on Tuesday 22 March at 10 a.m. in the Church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois in Paris
Old 03-15-2022, 06:13 AM
Majesty

Thank you Eya . I will see which Member of the Orléans Family will attend.
Old 03-15-2022, 09:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Thanks. That makes it understandable, then, if his child(ren) were not close to his second wife, or to him for that matter. It's fortunate that his first wife was able to receive some support from her father-in-law.
Indeed, Marie-Thérèse was supported by her father-in-law Henri. However, when her eldest daughter Marie married in 1989, the Duchess of Montpensier issued the invitation in her name only, omitting Marie's father (then Count of Clermont) and grandfather (the Count of Paris). This action rather alienated Marie-Thérèse from Henri the Elder, who subsequently reconciled with Henri the Younger in 1991. Neither the Count of Paris nor the Count of Clermont attended Marie's marriage, though the Countess of Paris did.
Old 03-15-2022, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Indeed, Marie-Thérèse was supported by her father-in-law Henri. However, when her eldest daughter Marie married in 1989, the Duchess of Montpensier issued the invitation in her name only, omitting Marie's father (then Count of Clermont) and grandfather (the Count of Paris). This action rather alienated Marie-Thérèse from Henri the Elder, who subsequently reconciled with Henri the Younger in 1991. Neither the Count of Paris nor the Count of Clermont attended Marie's marriage, though the Countess of Paris did.

Wasn't there also quarrel about the place at which Marie's reliigous marriage should take place? I think the old Comte de Paris wanted it to be at Dreux but Princess Marie had already accepted the offer of Duke Carl of Württemberg to host the Wedding at Friedrichshafen.

Tags
count of paris, countess of paris, france, house of orleans