Henri, Comte de Paris (1933-2019), Head of the Royal House of France, wives & family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

It seems that none of her stepchildren were there, though some relatives of her husband did show up, including prince Michel and Princess Chantal.

It seems that none of her stepchildren were there, though some relatives of her husband did show up, including prince Michel and Princess Chantal.

It was announced Princess Philomena d'Orléans would be there, kind of: the current consort saying farewell to the previous consort.

Last edited:
Today, March 23, the announced mass at the Saint-Jean-Baptiste Church in Saint Jean De Luz was held in presence of the Countess of Paris and daughter Princess Louise-Marguerite:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** gallery **

Several items of the late Pss Micaela are going to be autioned in France:

https://drouot.com/fr/v/143382-bien...paris?offset=400&triSearch=num&venteId=143382

Among the pieces art there is also the small tiara of the Orleans family. It was worn by Pss Anne when she married the future duke of Calabria. The late countess [Micaela] of Paris wore it for her religious wedding in 2009, but attached to a ribbon and as a necklace.

Last edited:
Several items of the late Pss Micaela are going to be autioned in France:

https://drouot.com/fr/v/143382-bien...paris?offset=400&triSearch=num&venteId=143382

Among the pieces art there is also the small tiara of the Orleans family. It was worn by Pss Anne when she married the future duke of Calabria. The late countess [Micaela] of Paris wore it for her religious wedding in 2009, but attached to a ribbon and as a necklace.

It was also masssacred by removing quiet a lot of diamonds on both sides.
Never liked it as necklace.

Wonder who is selling these- The necklace/tiara should be inherited by the Comte de Paris as it comes originally from his grandmother.

Wonder who is selling these- The necklace/tiara should be inherited by the Comte de Paris as it comes originally from his grandmother.
I agree. The redesign was very unsuccessful and butchered the piece.
Also on sale are the pearl & diamond earrings of the Duchess of Chartres. It's sad to see some of the last heirloom jewels still in the main line of the family being auctioned off.

Lorenzo posted at the Royal Jewels Message Board that the item 19, the diamond comb came from the Duchess of Chartres, Princesse Françoise of Orleans, daughter of the Prince of Joinville and Princess Françoise of Braganza.
The estimation is ridiculous 3.000 /5.000 euros.

A painting of her husband le Comte de Paris 100 euros....

Prince Michel Comte d' Evreux , sold without saying nothing to his family his part of the domaine d' Eu . The Duke de Chartres and the Viscountess de Nouailles , children of his twin brother Jacques Duke d' Orleans bought it . Back in the family now !

As it is Micaela's estate it must be her heir(s), which most likely will be her son Alexis.

We have had many auctions of the Orléans family these last decades so it is surprising to see that there is anything left.

I don't remember seeing the other tiara (lot 18) before, or the brooch (lot 17).

The starting bids are very low, I assume it must go up quite a bit otherwise it is puzzling that it is sold at all.

Last edited:
As it is Micaela's estate it must be her heir(s), which most likely will be her son Alexis.

We have had many auctions of the Orléans family these last decades so it is surprising to see that there is anything left.
So it seems she inherited it all from her husband and now her son inherited it from her. Wonder if the Counts children also got a share. But no Idea how that works in France.

She was treated dismissively by the current count of Paris, and in death her and her husband's wishes for their bodies were ignored in a quite disgusting manner.

I hope whoever is selling doesn't give a single fig what Jean or his family want.

I think it is clear that the late count Henri (jr) and countess Micaela are not burried together. Neither did Prince Jean attend any of the funeral services for his stepmother - or the wedding in 2009. Though he seems to have a penchant for preaching, the count seems to have difficulties in practicing christian virtues such as compassion and forgiveness in his daily life.

Of course antiques are not as popular as they once were as many people prefer less elaborate design these days. Apart from the great masters much of the market prices have gone down a lot. It may explain the low starting bids.

Last edited:
So you know the Orleans I presume ?
:lol:?:whistling:

Like anyone would need that to see.

No. I have two eyes and can see they're not buried together. Despite their publicly noted wishes. And everything else that was publicly seen and said since Henri died.

She was treated dismissively by the current count of Paris, [...]

Wasn't it Count Henri jr. who treated his first wife and their children dismissively in having various extramarital affairs and then neglecting his children after his remarriage? At least, that is what I have always read.

I think it is clear that the late count Henri (jr) and countess Micaela are not burried together. Neither did Prince Jean attend any of the funeral services for his stepmother - or the wedding in 2009. Though he seems to have a penchant for preaching, the count seems to have difficulties in practicing christian virtues such as compassion and forgiveness in his daily life.

Is it certain that his father and stepmother asked him for forgiveness or welcomed him to attend her funeral? In the case of Count Lennart Bernadotte, who created a similar family dynamic with his second marriage, the children of his first marriage confirmed that it was their stepmother who did not want them attending his funeral.

and in death her and her husband's wishes for their bodies were ignored in a quite disgusting manner.

I hope whoever is selling doesn't give a single fig what Jean or his family want.

If Count Jean ignored his father and stepmother's wishes for their burial without a compelling reason (what reason did he provide?), then naturally that was disrespectful to them both. However, I can't see why his grandmother and his family, who I assume had nothing to do with it, should have their wishes for their property ignored as a result.

Last edited:
Thank you for your moderation thread. The Royal Forums are nowadays a bit harsh. I miss Warren !

If Count Jean ignored his father and stepmother's wishes for their burial without a compelling reason (what reason did he provide?), then naturally that was disrespectful to them both. However, I can't see why his grandmother and his family, who I assume had nothing to do with it, should have their wishes for their property ignored as a result.

It seems Henri Jr. left his property to his widow, And that widow left it to her own son. It is now his property. I really don't see why he should pay attention to the Orleans family at all now. I don't think he owes them any consideration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom