France and Monarchy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: The French have no clue who Bernadotte was.

don't be sorry. In the end its the french who miss out.

Oh, really? :lol:

No harm meant, but how can you be such a fervent supporter of the French monarchy? Have you lived here?

Imagine the potentical in having a constitutional monarchy in place in france today. All one has to see what denmark and england have and what france could have. France was THE biggest and brightest monarchy with well stemmed traditions and culture. not saying a republic france doesn't have culture, but there is something in having it actually existing and current then having a painting on a wall, or text saying this is what it once was.

P.S I'm a supporter of god! and his chosen people.

It would appear that the French are in a better position to make any such judgement.
Well they tried that. ended up with europe in caos and a meglamaniac dictator running the country. despite the mobs and wars france is still one of the highest taxed if not the highest taxed country in the world.

I'm suprised that at such a forum the only thing I have read is republic propoganda reguarding France. So this forum must only be in favour of reighing monarchy's. fascinating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm suprised that at such a forum the only thing I have read is republic propoganda reguarding France. So this forum must only be in favour of reighing monarchy's.
The Forums don't have opinions, individual members do.
Posting that the majority of people in France do not support the restoration of a monarchy is not "republic propaganda", it is a statement of fact.

Well they tried that. ended up with europe in caos and a meglamaniac dictator running the country. despite the mobs and wars france is still one of the highest taxed if not the highest taxed country in the world.

I'm suprised that at such a forum the only thing I have read is republic propoganda reguarding France. So this forum must only be in favour of reighing monarchy's. fascinating.

High taxes? Then it can join Australia..lol.

There is no sentiment (nothig which would be considered) for the restoration of the monarchy in France. It's that simple.

They have the Houses Bourbon, Orléans and Bonaparte. All contentious Houses, all putrefied by elitist ambition and chiefly amongst themselves. It says alot for unanimity..haha.

France was THE biggest and brightest monarchy

It was a monarchy of playboys, deception and self enduced alcoholic comas..lol. The frivolity and fashions of the French court is what it was truly famous for.

Can't agree more.

Non c'est non

Vive la République française :franceflag2:

The only real possibility for the restoration is a real campaign in favour of only one Pretendant.The Prince Louis-Alphonse could be the solution in the future .The count of Paris is not a popular figure.

None of the claimants are truly popular figures, it must be said.

Prince Louis-Alphonse is not enough known and at the moment does not live in France.He would be more accepted than the descendants of Philippe Egalite.

The Prince Louis-Alphonse could be the solution in the future .The count of Paris is not a popular figure

If its true that the count of Paris is not really a popular figure, Louis Alphonse is not a figure at all. The Orleans were highly popular in the 50's and 60's (with a last retoration project back in 1965) and they have still a very few "prestige" from this area (despite the desastrous behaviour from the late count of Paris ).
Louis Alphonse is a total stranger for the general public...
The Bonaparte are very discreet, but the Princess Napoléon '"Madame "Mère" is a well known figure in military and cultural circles.

A Spanish born King of France in this, the 21st century. Yeah, I don't think so...lol. Claimant, or not.

In this moment Prince Louis-Alphonse is quite unknown but the future could be different.The Orleans won't ever restore Monarchy.

He represents the main branch of the Bourbon and he is a French citizen.

The Orleans are the descendants of a "regicide" (Philippe Egalite) and of a "usurpateur" (Louis-Philippe) so it is quite difficult to trust them.

Well, Cory, by the same token: Michael of Romania is the son of King Carol, who was not a particularly great man (especially considering his personal life). But should that reflect negatively on King Michael? Of course not, because the son is an entirely different person from the father.

Well, Cory, by the same token: Michael of Romania is the son of King Carol, who was not a particularly great man (especially considering his personal life). But should that reflect negatively on King Michael? Of course not, because the son is an entirely different person from the father.

really? does that apply to grandfathers as well? cause we all know what happened to Louis XVI cause of his grandfather.

Being immoral in the private life is one thing and being "regicide" or "usurpateur" something very different!

Yes and he is in a better position to be king once the monarchy is restored.

The monarchy won't be restored. There's more probability that the official maîtresse-en-titre of Louis XV shall be beatified by the Pope...

The monarchy won't be restored. There's more probability that the official maîtresse-en-titre of Louis XV shall be beatified by the Pope...

Ah ah ah good one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Believe me french people are too versatile (and far too complicated) to have another royal ruler again (and a spanish born king is just unthinkable).
That's said we are very proud and attached to our royal (and imperial) history and our relatively young Republic ("only" 140 years) has kept in some (lavish) ways a good part of this regal legacy.

Monarchists (be they Legitimists, Orleanists and Bonapartists) may be a minority position, but they have always been present in French politics and whatnot. For a lot of the Third Republic period they were a serious political force- Patrice de MacMahon, Duc de Magenta, was President of the Republic during the 1870s and a man of Legitimist sympathies.

World War I brought profound changes to France both domestically and internationally, and not all positive, and this caused the Third Republic to break down- and the Fourth repeated those problems. It was because of that De Gaulle decided that the Fifth Republic should have the most powerful head of state since the monarchy!

Who knows for sure the future must be a profet....The future will be decided by the French people and they do not seem to be very happy about the nowadays regime.

That is your opinion as mine is that god with have his devine rule france again. whether constitutional or not.

whether constitutional or not.

Sure, it's your opinion :)

Its amusing if not bewlidering, that the 21st century still breeds indaviduals who are of the belief that a return to an autocratic state (as your post would suggest) on the continent would be acceptable, let alone endorsed.

Just don't be too dissapointed that if by the end of your days, the 'wondrous restoration' you speak of remains dead and very much burried.

they do not seem to be very happy about the nowadays regime.

Bah we are not happy with ANY regime :D... More seriously to disagree with a person in general and his behaviour in particular doesn"t mean we are against the political regime and the institutions.

god with have his devine rule france again. whether constitutional or not

You can't be serious. Come back to a pre 1789 regime ? A divine right monarchy? Wake up Dear Versailles times are definitively over (they were already over in 1804 so in the 21st century ....).

The constitutional Monarchy would be very proper for France and Prince Louis-Alphonse would be a very modern King I suppose.

Isabella de Medici seems like an evil brooding
presence over the French Monarchy.
She played a big part in persecuting the Hugenots,
she was heavily into the occult.....
Maybe she has more than a little to do with the
eventual downfall of the French Monarchy in the 1790s

And the Republic?The Republic brought what to France?

The constitutional Monarchy would be very proper for France and Prince Louis-Alphonse would be a very modern King I suppose.

This is true, but there is no definate claimant.

Back
Top Bottom