The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-04-2019, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

There were more Bourbon-Parmas:

Le prince Charles Xavier de Bourbon de Parme, Duc de Parme
Le prince Sixte-Henri de Bourbon de Parme (uncle of the Duke)
Le prince Charles-Emmanuel de Bourbon de Parme (cousin of the Duke)
La Comtesse de Busset, Ariane de Bourbon-Busset (great-aunt of the Duke)

https://www.riposte-catholique.fr/archives/149692

Old 02-04-2019, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder when the last time (before Saturday) was that Carlos met his uncle... Two sides of the divide within the family.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Not one royal house sent their reigning monarch, so while I agree that princess Lea wasn't the obvious choice, I didn't expect Philippe. Princess Astrid (godmother to prince Gaston) was the one I expected to attend (just like princess Sibilla, godmother of Louise-Margerite, was the Luxembourg representative).
Yep, I did say either him or a more major part of the BRF (e.g. Astrid) - I was just explaining why I thought it would've been good for him to go I had him in mind because Queen Sofia was on the guest list but as a former queen I guess she was representing as a personal friend of the Orleans family.
Interesting no reigning monarchs went though. Maybe that was a "policy" which would also explain why Moulay Hassan went instead of his father (good for him to start going on engagements abroad).

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Whilst I agree that I was surprised by Princess Léa attendance but perhaps the Belgian Royal Family had no real relationship with the late Count?
Interesting point. I guess the BRF felt more obliged to send a representative due to the French speaking and Orleanist connections through King Louis Philippe they had with the late Count. Who knows, though, perhaps Lea herself was friends with the Orleans family.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-04-2019, 05:20 PM
Gentry

Count of Paris was a private citizen of aristocratic origins. Why would anyone expect European heads of state at his funeral unless they were close personal friends?
Old 02-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Court View Post
Count of Paris was a private citizen of aristocratic origins. Why would anyone expect European heads of state at his funeral unless they were close personal friends?

True. Most of the attendees probably went on a personal basis. We’re making this a bigger issue than it is as I was just wondering - that’s all

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-04-2019, 05:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Princess Lea was not asked to represent Belgium , but is was her own will. She liked to be seen and pictured and I feel sorry about the un royal way she was dressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Who knows, though, perhaps Lea herself was friends with the Orleans family.
I also am inclined to think Princess Léa was attending as a friend in her own right, as she and the Réthys appear not to enjoy a close enough relationship to the main line of the Belgian royal family to be sent as their representative.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
There was a close relationship between the former Comte et Comtesse de Paris with Prince Leopold and Princess Astrid when they lived at the manoir d' Anjou. I think Princess Astrid is Princess Hélène Godmother. They attend Princess Astrid Wedding with Archduke Lorenz.
There was no close relationship between the late Comte de Paris and his second wife with King Baudouin, King Albert II and King Philippe.
Princess Lea was not asked to represent Belgium , but is was her own will. She liked to be seen and pictured and I feel sorry about the un royal way she was dressed.
Both Astrid and Leopold served as godparents to Helene. She is Helene Astrid Leopoldine in honor of her godparents. Leopold was also godfather to Helene's son Count Louis. Since then the only royal godparent link to Belgium is Jean's son Gaston who has Princess Astrid as a godmother.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Belgian non-attendance is even more remarkable since the late Prince Henri was born in Belgium, in Sint-Pieters-Woluwe (Woluwe-Saint-Pierre) and has lived there until WWII. The family d'Orléans lived at the Manoir d'Anjou between 1913 and 1940. The late prince was born there.

Manoir d'Anjou street view: https://blogikohvik.files.wordpress....4/dsc_3086.jpg

Manoir d'Anjou park view: https://blogikohvik.files.wordpress....4/dsc_3091.jpg
Old 02-05-2019, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Spanish Royal Family has always been close to the Orleans because of the family ties of the Countess of Barcelona, especially Infanta Pilar. Prince of Asturias went to the funeral of the previous Count of Paris, and the infantas Cristina and Pilar to the one of the Countess. With Henri they have had less relationship, but they keep it with some of his brothers and sisters.

Queen Sofia is now charged with representing the family in this type of event ... Juan Carlos has never liked funerals and has mobility problems. Infanta Pilar was going to attend but she was admitted to the hospital on Saturday.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The Belgian non-attendance is even more remarkable since the late Prince Henri was born in Belgium, in Sint-Pieters-Woluwe (Woluwe-Saint-Pierre) and has lived there until WWII. The family d'Orléans lived at the Manoir d'Anjou between 1913 and 1940. The late prince was born there.

Manoir d'Anjou street view: https://blogikohvik.files.wordpress....4/dsc_3086.jpg

Manoir d'Anjou park view: https://blogikohvik.files.wordpress....4/dsc_3091.jpg
What a striking residence. I agree about the underwhelming presence of the BRF at the funeral.

And I am beginning to think there may be a story behind it.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-05-2019, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
What a striking residence. I agree about the underwhelming presence of the BRF at the funeral.

And I am beginning to think there may be a story behind it.
It may be a case of the newer generations of both families not being particularly close.

The late King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola were close to Henri Sr and Isabelle. There was also a friendship between certain of the Orléans children and the Belgian RF. However, Henri Jr did not maintain the ties that his parents had with some of their relations. His divorce from Marie-Thérèse and his civil remarriage to Micaela damaged his standing with certain relations with strong religious beliefs. At either Henri Sr or Isabelle's funeral, there was the matter of Fabiola walking past Micaela at the mass in order to offer the Sign of Peace to Marie-Thérèse (who, at the time, was still Henri Jr's wife according to the Catholic Church, since an annulment was not obtained until some years later). Henri Jr and Micaela rather withdrew into their own life in Paris.

Jean and Philomena seem better tasked with restoring links with their other royal relations.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:48 PM
Majesty

The incident with Fabiola walking past Micaela to embrace the Duchess of Montpensier first at the Funeral Mass of Isabelle Comtesse de Paris is exactly the same one I read years ago and referred to in a previous post..thank you Benjamin!

At the time, Point de Vue described this gesture by the then widowed queen of the Belgians as "pointed" and "theatrical".

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-05-2019, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Are there any news of Micaela's state of health…. I Wonder when she is gone, will be be buried in Dreux ?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:27 AM
Courtier

The french magazine Point de vue has dedicated few articles to the late count of Paris.
Le prince Jean se confie en exclusivité sur sa relation avec le défunt comte de Paris - Point de Vue
Henri et Micaela, l'amour plus fort que tout - Point de Vue
Henri, comte de Paris, le prince aux yeux tristes - Point de Vue
Le comte de Paris, un prince artiste - Point de Vue
Old 03-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

On Saturday, 23 March will take place a mass for the Henri , Count of Paris, at 11am in the church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois

https://www.la-couronne.org/actualit...omte-de-paris/
Old 03-05-2019, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonder if Micaela will be healthy enough to attend. Any news ????
Old 03-23-2019, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Given its close proximity to the Louvre Palace the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois was a royal Parish church and nice to see its still used by members of the defunct royal house.

6th of April,1199 -Death of Richard the Lionheart
Old 03-23-2019, 08:56 AM
Nobility

No news from Micaela ?
Old 03-23-2019, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I do not understand why the Duchess of Montpensier , his ex wife is sitting in the front such as Jean the Comte de Paris.
I should heve seen her next to her Son Eudes , duke d' Angoulème