The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Abbeville, United States
Posts: 6
Capetian Y Chromosome

The head of Henry IV matches the known blood samples of Louis XVI. That seems to rule out rumors of Louis XIII and XIV being of questionable paternity. What is amazing is the Y chromosome is G2A, a rare chromosome with few matches in France (not something your expect from a frank). Actually the Y. Could sigal that the Capetians wete part of thr germanic Alan tribe. It would be valuable and mind blowing to compare the Y of modern Capets against these studies. I was reading an article about an team from the University of Granada performing studies on the Y of Christopher Columbus. Intriguingly, the Duke of Braganza has given his DNA to the team in an attempt to prove Columbus was the offspring of a Prince. If anyone speaks/reads Spanish/Itallian enough to inquire about the results of the Duke's Y then I suggest going for it. What does everyone think?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-07-2013, 02:29 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: brisbane, Australia
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howtodrownfish View Post
The head of Henry IV matches the known blood samples of Louis XVI. That seems to rule out rumors of Louis XIII and XIV being of questionable paternity. What is amazing is the Y chromosome is G2A, a rare chromosome with few matches in France (not something your expect from a frank). Actually the Y. Could sigal that the Capetians wete part of thr germanic Alan tribe. It would be valuable and mind blowing to compare the Y of modern Capets against these studies. I was reading an article about an team from the University of Granada performing studies on the Y of Christopher Columbus. Intriguingly, the Duke of Braganza has given his DNA to the team in an attempt to prove Columbus was the offspring of a Prince. If anyone speaks/reads Spanish/Itallian enough to inquire about the results of the Duke's Y then I suggest going for it. What does everyone think?
One little mystery that could be cleared up is whether the King of Spain is in fact aBourbon or not. Mind you I cant imagine him or the other male line descendants of Alfonso XIII agreeing to finding out.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Abbeville, United States
Posts: 6
Y dna

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
One little mystery that could be cleared up is whether the King of Spain is in fact aBourbon or not. Mind you I cant imagine him or the other male line descendants of Alfonso XIII agreeing to finding out.
Yes that would settle a few forum debates lol.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post

One little mystery that could be cleared up is whether the King of Spain is in fact aBourbon or not. Mind you I cant imagine him or the other male line descendants of Alfonso XIII agreeing to finding out.
I've missed that story. What is supposed to have happened in order for him Not to be a Bourbon?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Abbeville, United States
Posts: 6
Spanish Branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
I've missed that story. What is supposed to have happened in order for him Not to be a Bourbon?
In the case of Isabella II, and the wife of Charles IV there are doubts of paternity concerning a few of their children.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
cmbruno's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 446
Isn't the Y chromosome G2A inherited only in patrineal line? If so, how could the Duke of Bragança have a male Bourbon chromosome? Anyway, the Duke of Bragança is very brave. There has always been gossips that his male ancestor, D. Miguel was not really son of D. João VI. It's been suggested that Miguel I was the son from an affair between his mother, Queen Carlota Joaquina (a Bourbon) and one of lovers.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
#uae #abudhabirullingfamily 18th birthday abdullah ii albert prince consort all tags austria braganza british royal family cadwallader camilla castile charles congo danish royal family de la cerda denmark dubai expo duchess of kent duke of cambridge guzman hamdan bin ahmed history identifying india ingrid-alexandra ivrea japanese imperial family japan history jordan royal family king edward iii king henry iii king philippe king willem-alexander louis mountbatten maria ii monarchist movements monarchists mountbatten nara period need help noble families norway crown princely couple official visit orleans-braganza pedro ii politics portugal prince andrew prince charles prince of wales prince of wales in jordan queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen victoria samurai state visit tokugawa uae wine glass


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises
×