Nobility of France

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siggy

Commoner
City
Luxembourg
Country
Luxembourg
Has anyone heard of this title? It may also be written Deschambault or sometimes Fleury d'Eschambault.

I have been trying to find info, apparantly it is a title given to a french family many years ago. Eschambault appears to be a town in Canada, does this make sense?

From what I can tell, the family are/were French-Canadians.

Found this "In 1721, the heir to the seigneury of Deschambault, Joseph de Fleury (esquire of la Gorgendière)" here.

And this "Fleury de la Gorgendière, Joseph (1676-1755) Né à Québec en 1676, Joseph est le fils de Jacques Alexis Fleury d'Eschambault, originaire de Saint-Jean-de-Montaigu (Vendée) et avocat au Parlement de Paris. Il épouse Claire Jolliet, fille de l'explorateur. Le couple aura 17 enfants. Joseph est agent de la Compagnie des Indes occidentales, puis négociant pour son propre compte. Il crée un réseau de commerce avec la France et les Antilles, exportant de l'huile de loup-marin et important des tissus. Il décède en 1755. (Paulette, Claude, 1988)" here.

Perhaps you might check Quebecois resources? Since you speak French (you're from Luxembourg, so I gather you're fluent in the language), they'd be your best bet, because the family was prominent for several generations. Canadian resources might be able to help a little. (The family was prominent before Quebec fell under British control, though, so there may not be that many resources on them.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone tell me something about Jacqueline de Ribe?
I saw a couple of pictures of her and thought she looked intersting but can't find anything about her.

Anyone heard of the Baron de Rede ? I read about him on the net and he seemed to know alot of royals

Anyone heard of the Baron de Rede ? I read about him on the net and he seemed to know alot of royals

A fascinating gentleman! He was a very close friend of Marie-Helene and Guy de Rothschild and enjoyed an exquisite lifestyle socializing with the most prominent members of Parisian society.

Baron de Rede - Telegraph

Alexis von Rosenberg, Baron de Rédé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I highly recommend his memoirs:

Amazon.co.uk: Alexis: The Memoirs of the Baron De Rede: Books: Hugo Vickers

What is the book like ? I was thinking about buying it but it is very expensive and I have no idea what I will be paying for

Could anyone tell me something about her ? I saw a couple of pictures of her and thought she looked intersting but can't find anything about her.
Well all I can tell you is that she was born in Paris in 1931 as Jacqueline de Beumont until she married a wealthy banker Vicomte Edouard de Ribes which then made her Vicomtesse Jacqueline de Ribes. She was a French socialite and was always on the best dressed list. :flowers:

Is this not the lady who was a spy for the Allies during WWII? Did she not write a book called 'The Spy Wore Red'? Or is it someone else I am thinking of?

On January 11th the 9th Duke of Noailles, François-Agénor-Alexandre-Hélie de Noailles died at the age of 103 at the Chateau de Champlâtreux. He was the son of Marquis Helie de Noailles and Corisande de Gramont. In 1953 he succeeded his uncle Adrien as duke Noailles. He married Charlotte de Chaumont de la Force in 1936, who died in 2002.

The duke will be succeeded by his son Helie, 10th duke of Noailles.

source: monarchen.nl

I remember seeing a lot of articles and photos of the very beautiful and elegant Jacqueline de Ribes. She was, for many years an icon of elegance in French circles.

Duc de Noailles

On January 11th the 9th Duke of Noailles died at the age of 103
The 10th Duc de Noailles, Helie, was born in 1943. He married in 1972 Cécile Gonin, born 1945. They have three children:

• Emmanuel Paul Louis Marie, Duc d’Ayen, b 1983
• Julie Marie-Christine Françoise, b 1972
• Marie-Alicia Eugénie Charlotte Blandine, b 1975

source: Noailles
List of Dukes: Wiki

Here is the Noailles Coat of Arms..

Attachments

• Noailles Dukes.png
    Noailles Dukes.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 5,355
Was all property returned to exiled families after the Revolution?
And what happened to the property of familes who were completly wiped out by the Revolution? :fleur-de-lis-flag:

What I was trying to say was: The fall of the Bastille prompted the first wave of nobles to flee, led by the King’s brother, the Count of Artois. Over 150,000 nobles, clergy, and commoners became émigrés during the revolutionary outside France between 1789 and 1814. . The King’s brothers established a royalist center at Coblentz, just across the German border, and set up a military force commanded by the Prince of Condé that existed until 1801 with British, Austrian, and Russian support. However, the émigrés spread far and wide in Europe and the Americas. Upon Louis XVI’s execution, the Count of Provence recognized Louis XVI’s son as Louis XVII with himself as regent. When Louis XVII died in 1795, Provence proclaimed himself King as Louis XVIII with financial support from other European powers. The existence of the émigrés was a major cause of the war that began in the spring of 1792. The property of the émigrés was seized and later sold. Under the Directory, a huge number of émigrés returned to France. Bonaparte promulgated a partial amnesty in October 1800, and in April 1802 all but a thousand émigrés were allowed to return. Later, under the Restoration, Louis XVIII paid compensation of 1 billion francs to émigrés who lost property.

I would like to know about the familes that did recieve their properties back, plus what did other families did to try & regain any properties they had lost.

Loius' face features are very noble looking. As my grandmother would say it, "What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh".

Loius' face features are very noble looking. As my grandmother would say it, "What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh".

True.
Really,that Dita looks like she's on leave from one "of the windows" in the red light district here..what's bred in the bone indeed..
men can be so blind to date such a two legged mistake.Having a title never made a difference.

I love that family because Adrienne de Noailles married de La Fayette (lucky woman) :flowers:

Adrienne de La Fayette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 10th Duc de Noailles, Helie, was born in 1943. He married in 1972 Cécile Gonin, born 1945. They have three children:

• Emmanuel Paul Louis Marie, Duc d’Ayen, b 1983
• Julie Marie-Christine Françoise, b 1972
• Marie-Alicia Eugénie Charlotte Blandine, b 1975

source: Noailles
List of Dukes: Wiki

Here is the Noailles Coat of Arms..

True.
Really,that Dita looks like she's on leave from one "of the windows" in the red light district here..what's bred in the bone indeed..
men can be so blind to date such a two legged mistake.Having a title never made a difference.
Well, I do not think that the relationship is permanent. Ms.Dita von Teese is charming in a certain way. However, she appears to wear too much of make-up.

Interesting anaylsis of Miss von Teese, Lucian. Sorry you view her that way. Anyone and everyone, specically those in the fashion as well as the entertainment business, hail Miss von Teese as a beautiful and elegant woman. A true old Hollywood beauty ala Ava Gardner, Rita Hayworth, Lili St. Cyr... the list goes on. In other words, she is far from the overweight unpolished hot mess one would find in the Red Light district in Amsterdam. Thankfully, Miss von Teese is a muse to many couture and RTW designers in Paris as well as throughout the world.

Moving on... does anyone know about this young count's family? I do know his father was born in Morocco other than that not much is out there from what I can tell. As for their relationship, I agree with you, Al Bina. Besides, Miss von Teese has noted previously that she is interested in casual dating. Nothing serious at this time for her.

Last edited:
Well, I do not think that the relationship is permanent. Ms.Dita von Teese is charming in a certain way. However, she appears to wear too much of make-up.

A certain way,yes,to a certain breed,yes,not our sort of people.Hollywood,oh ofcourse....
they don't have windows there...they just..oh well..

But at best she has the Joanne Lumley part in "Shirley Valentine",
and for the time being she has a aristocat pet,or like we say here...

Talking about the french aristocracy,could anyone elaborate on the Rochefoucauld family?

Last edited:
Thanks, I seen the list of wikipedia but is there a non-royal ducal peerage list

Hey, does anyone have any information about the current Ducs d'Havre, Feltre and Reggio. I look on wikipedia and it stated that these French noble houses were still extant but no other information about there current status.

I don't think the title will become extinct; I guess the title will go to the nearest male relative (now, the Duke's first cousin once removed Charles Louis Guillaume François Marie Eugène Victurnien, b. 1933) and after him to his descendants.
A similar situation happened in 1987, when Louis, Duke de Broglie (1892-1987, famous physician and Nobel Laureate) died without descendants; his title passed to his cousin twice removed Victor-Francois, the present Duke.

But does he have children? I thought he did not and is now about 76 years old...

Yes, he has three children: two sons, Alexandre, b. 1961, married without children, and Arthur, b. 1967, married with a son and a daughter, and a daughter, Athenais, b. 1963.
After them, there are a lot of male members of Mortemart Family who can inherit the title.

Back
Top Bottom