A boy for the the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme: Prince Gaston, 19 November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does someone know in which clinique/hospital the baby was born ?

Here he is! 7 day old Prince Gaston is proudly presented by
his parents and grandmother Princess Marie-Therese.

Gaston Louis Antoine Marie weighed 3.5 kg when he was
born on November 19th. The pictures were taken yesterday,
November 26, 2009 at the Duchess' and Duke's Parisian
apartment.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

What an adorable little family! :wub:

Thank you so much for the pictures, iceflower. :flowers:

Vive le prince Gaston!
:franceflag3:

Very cute baby! Philomena looks fantastic in these photos. You would never guess that she gave birth just over seven days ago.

Wonderful, lovely, thank you so much especially as the Duchess of Montpensier shares their joy !

Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos that captured such a happy moment!
It is a pleasure to see Duchess of Montpensier holding her grandson.

Thank you Iceflower for the lovely pictures, they're all wonderful. I like the ones with the Prince's mother holding her grandson and the one of Papa gazing at his son.:flowers:

Again, thank you so much Iceflower!!:flowers: I agree, the Duke is quite colorful, perhaps when the Duchess was still in hospital after giving birth, he came home and there wasn't any other clean sweaters?:lol: Anyway, lovely family pictures.

I join all the others in saying thank you, Iceflower!!

We are lucky to see many photos every day, but these are exceptionally beautiful. Vive le petit prince Gaston!

My second son (34) and last son is mentally handicapped. When my daughter un law was pregnant my eldest son and myself were really worred. My son always asked the doctor : "has the baby's head a normal size' , it was always good and a wonderful little girl was born in 2006 !
Taking my baby granddaugherfor the first time in my arms I was SO happy, no fear anymore. I think the Duchess of Montpensier must have and think the same..
Congratulations to the Heir of the Orleans , his wife and grand-mother and family. Gaston is a wonderful surname , and it remains one of their ancestors of the Duke.

Thanks for posting the pictures, specially the 2 nd lot without the w/m.

As to your comment on the Prince, indeed he looks more like a Prince of orange :ROFLMAO:.
Of course, Orange was a french principality.

On a more serious matter, great pictured of the so missed Comtesse de Paris on the last picture.
She would be delighted with her nth great-grandson.
And interesting that they had posed in fron of a picture of the present Count of Paris, which seems to be in a cupboard that they can close when they don't want to see him :whistling:.

José

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the painting represents himself and not his father.

:previous:

JSP, I agree with Maria-Olivia. The painting in the cupboard is of the Duke of Vendôme himself, not of his father.

Perhaps the doors to the cupboard get shut when the Duke gets tired of looking at himself... or perhaps when Philomena gets annoyed with him?? In either case, a healthy thing! :lol:

My second son (34) and last son is mentally handicapped. When my daughter un law was pregnant my eldest son and myself were really worred. My son always asked the doctor : "has the baby's head a normal size' , it was always good and a wonderful little girl was born in 2006 !
Taking my baby granddaugherfor the first time in my arms I was SO happy, no fear anymore. I think the Duchess of Montpensier must have and think the same..
Congratulations to the Heir of the Orleans , his wife and grand-mother and family. Gaston is a wonderful surname , and it remains one of their ancestors of the Duke.

The "illness" of Dauphin François and Princess Blanche isn't genetic. So Prince Jean cannot pass it on his son.

Surely not of the present Count of Paris, probably of Jean himself, maybe of the late Count of Paris. I'm not sure that the painted man is the late Count, but surely now I can see a resemblance between Prince Jean and his grandfather.

Reginalix , The illness of my son is not genetic too , but when that happen in your family, if you are princes or not, you are afraid that it may happen again.
Mafan , it is not the late Count de Paris too, it is the Duke Jean himself (his smile).

On a more serious matter, great pictured of the so missed Comtesse de Paris on the last picture.
She would be delighted with her nth great-grandson.

Would she? I don't know much of the countess, so I'm asking: would she be happy of the marriage of the duke with a non-royal, low-aristocracy woman? What was her reationship with her grand-children born from what she and her husband considered non-dinastic marriages?

Madame la Comtesse de Paris was "unique" , Amedea you have a look to the Orleans's thread and you will notice how proud she would have been that his favorite grandson has a boy named Gaston.

He's a beautiful little boy, simply precious! I thought the Duke and Duchess de Vendome were only married in May...and S.A.R certainly did not look pregnant in her wedding gown?

Have I gotten it wrong?:whistling:

The couple had a civil marriage in March and the religious ceremony in May.:flowers:

Philoména was pregnant in her CIVIL wedding on March. In France we have a civil wedding the same day or days before the religious ceremony, not months before.

The Dukes of Vendôme had to get married in March because of circumstances.

The church wedding is so long to prepare and followed by the true royal party also they were pressed by time. And they only need the civil marriage.

Would she? I don't know much of the countess, so I'm asking: would she be happy of the marriage of the duke with a non-royal, low-aristocracy woman? What was her reationship with her grand-children born from what she and her husband considered non-dinastic marriages?

The last Countess of Paris and her husband didn't allow their son to rest and his born dead baby in the royal crypt because he had married a woman of minor nobility.

She wouldn't have been happy with the low and spanish aristocrat Philomena.

You mean Prince Thibault and his second son ? He was not a born baby, he died 3 months later. This decision came from the late Count de Paris, who changed also Thibault's name as Comte de la Marche.

The Dukes of Vendôme had to get married in March because of circumstances.

As the couple became engaged in November 2008, it is safe to say that they did not get married in March 2009 solely because of a possible pregnancy.;) None of us know the exact date of conception, now do we?

Given the spirit of times and age of the couple, the pressing circumstance can be overlooked.

Back
Top Bottom