Royal Family of Egypt 1: Ending Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very impressed by this funeral pictures, I did not know that the former RF is nowadays always popular.. I must say that some royals have tragic destinies but I was happy to see King Fouad looking better and more and more like his King Farouk .
Thanks for the videos and pictures.

People crying near the coffin is really what happened in Ancient Egypt.

I am very impressed by this funeral pictures, I did not know that the former RF is nowadays always popular.. I must say that some royals have tragic destinies but I was happy to see King Fouad looking better and more and more like his King Farouk .
Thanks for the videos and pictures.

Prince Fuad is not a King. Fuad was born in January 1952 and was six months old when his father abdicated. He was carried to exile on the Mahroussa along with his parents and half sisters in July 1952.
The Colonels declared Egypt a republic and abolished the Monarchy on June 1953.
Since that time Fuad is fashioned Prince. Although he was fashioned King for the 11 months in between his father's abdication and the declaration of the republic, he did not spend any time in Egypt since he "inherited" the crown.

Odette , we share the same interest for the egyptian Royal family. You are right in a way,but I think has been nominated or he named himself King at his father's death?
His ex-wife, we don't see anymore ,was tittled Queen at the jet-set events..

La dolce vita | New York Social Diary

An interesting biography of Princess Ferial. I wonder what kind of jewels she had..................

It is very important to say that King Farouk didn't leave Egypt with gold and jewels as they said.The royal family of Egypt left with nothing but grief and tears.King Farouk and his family left with small bags of clothes because they were at ELMONTAZA palace spending the summer holiday so they had no jewels or gold with them,after all who would take gold and jewels with him on a summer holiday.King Farouk loved Egypt so much that he didn't take any steps to insure his life,and the lives of his beloved ones.He didn't send money abroad like others,that is why the royal family suffered greatly from lacking of money,and the girls had to work to support themselves...

Last edited:
Odette , we share the same interest for the egyptian Royal family. You are right in a way,but I think has been nominated or he named himself King at his father's death?
His ex-wife, we don't see anymore ,was tittled Queen at the jet-set events..

Hello Maria Olivia:flowers:
The monarchists were refering to infant Fuad as a King since K Farouk abdicated his own rights to the throne but not those of his son's. However he removed the boy and took him along to exile as a bargaining chip with the colonels. About 11 months after the royal family left the country the new government abolished the monarchy and declared Egypt a republic.
Fuad was since fashioned Prince Fuad of Egypt. He never declared himself King.
Later on when he married Dominique France Picard, who changed her name to Princess Fadila. However I agree with you, in social pages at times she was refered to as Queen Fadila.
King Farouk remains the last King of Egypt since Fuad was never crowned King.

It is very important to say that King Farouk didn't leave Egypt with gold and jewels as they said.The royal family of Egypt left with nothing but grief and tears.King Farouk and his family left with small bags of clothes because they were at ELMONTAZA palace spending the summer holiday so they had no jewels or gold with them,after all who would take gold and jewels with him on a summer holiday.King Farouk loved Egypt so much that he didn't take any steps to insure his life,and the lives of his beloved ones.He didn't send money abroad like others,that is why the royal family suffered greatly from lacking of money,and the girls had to work to support themselves...

The Royal family was at the Ras el Tin Palace when the Junta sent Ali Maher to the King to sign the abdication statement. Safe passage was assured and the family was set to leave on the 26 of July 1952. King Farouk insisted that he be allowed to remove crates with champagne and scotch whiskey and the junta officers were laughing since King Farouk as a Muslim should not be drinking alcohol. There were 66 pieces of luggage that contained jewelry, gold and clothing. The liquor crates contained gold ingots. There have also been persistent rumours that K Farouk had deposited in Swiss banks large amounts of cash. The family never found evidence of that and was never able to retrieve any.
In any case even during the summer season when the entertaining was less formal the royal ladies were wearing priceless jewelry.
The Kings sisters who ended up working to support themselves were cut off from K Farouk because of choices they made which he did not approve of. The King lived in exile for 13 years and led a very flamboyant and expensive life style.

I didn't mean the kings sisters, i meant his daugthers . As for the gold subject ,It wasn't mentioned in any trusted book that king Farouk left with Gold.The most important source for my information is from Captain ALOOBAA the captain of Elmahrosaa at this time he insisted that king farouk left Egypt with nothing.It is also very important to say that king Farouk didn't used to drink Whiskey .and this is a fact most the Egyptions know and are certain of,and princess Ferial support this talk,she said that her father never drink such things,and that they left Egypt with nothing.There are many facts that appeared in front of us here in Egypt to declare certain things about the day king Farouk and his family left Egypt that wasn't clear before..We now know that the Saudi royal family did help king Farouk on exile,and helped his daughters after his death..Princess Ferial enriched our informations about this period may God rest her soul.

ãäÊÏíÇÊ ÔÈíß áÈíß - Çáãáß ÝÇÑæÞ ... áãÍÇÊ ... ãä ÍíÇÊå æÈÚÏ ããÇÊå

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Hoda there was no whiskey in the crates. There was gold.
The King had a very lavish lifestyle and he was travelling to Europe often during his reign.
Simple citizens were in the habit of taking out of the country as much wealth as they could during the pre and early junta years. These were sort of scary times for the aristocracy, royalty and rich citizens alike and everyone made sure they took steps to provide for themselves if and when they went to exile.
If you can find the book "Too Rich" by William Stadiem read it. It gives a very realistic view of what precipitated the King's fall and most of what happened behind the palace gates.:flowers:

Twelve princesses who are descendants of Egypt's ex-royal family commemorated on February 12th the anniversary of the birth of King Farouk. Around 30 people participated in the private family celebration, which took place at Farouk's tomb in el-Rifaai Mosque.
Those attending the celebration placed a flag from the royal era over King Farouk's tomb, but were told to remove it by security forces. They were also instructed not to take photos.
Former King Fuad II, Farouk's son, was supposed to attend the celebration, but declined due to health conditions. Fuad sent a large flower bouquet with a green ribbon that read "To my beloved father on his anniversary."
The former princesses and noble ladies also visited the tomb of Khedive Ismail and Sultan Hussein Kamel, and other royal tombs in el-Rifaai mosque.

Full article

On October 1977 married Fouad of Egypt Fadila Dominique Picard in the Palace of monaco. On 5 Februar 1979 their son Mohammed Ali was born in Cairo after they had a special permission from President Saddat to enter Egypt. On the 12 of February 1982 their second Child, daughter Fawzia Latifa was born in the Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco.

Here are some Pics of the Family from the Year 1982:
I didnt know that the Grimaldis and the Egypt royal family was that close

I didnt know that the Grimaldis and the Egypt royal family was that close

?? It wasn't that.The kid was just born there.People come to deliver in hospitals here without ever encountering the Orange-Nassaus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway,I couldn't find a thread fit for the Pharaos,except the degenerate Ptolemies that is,but I never counted them as Egyptian.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Research has now,finally,revealed the true cause of death of Pharao Tut anch Amun:

Malaria Is a Likely Killer in King Tut’s Post-Mortem - NYTimes.com

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Frail king Tut died from malaria, broken leg

courtesy hja

?? It wasn't that.The kid was just born there.People come to deliver in hospitals here without ever encountering the Orange-Nassaus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway,I couldn't find a thread fit for the Pharaos,except the degenerate Ptolemies that is,but I never counted them as Egyptian.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Research has now,finally,revealed the true cause of death of Pharao Tut anch Amun:

Malaria Is a Likely Killer in King Tut’s Post-Mortem - NYTimes.com

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Frail king Tut died from malaria, broken leg

courtesy hja
I was referring to the egyptian couple that got married at the Grimaldis palace

I'm not sure which thread to post my message.

A colossal red granite head of one of Egypt's most famous pharaohs has been unearthed in the southern city of Luxor, officials said.
The 3,000-year-old head of Amenhotep III - grandfather of Tutankhamun - was dug out of the ruins of the pharaoh's mortuary temple.
Experts say it is the best preserved example of the king's face ever found.
The 2.5m (8ft) head is part of a larger statue, most of which was found several years ago.
Antiquities officials say the statue is to be reconstructed.
"Other statues have always had something broken - the tip of the nose, or the face is eroded," said Dr Hourig Sourouzian, who has led the Egyptian-European expedition at the site.
"But here, from the top of the crown to the chin, it is so beautifully carved and polished, nothing is broken."

BBC News article

Quite the remarkable find. Given the state to which historical contemporary antiquities of the period are usually found in.

Archaeologists in Egypt have unearthed the sarcophagus of the mysterious Queen Behenu inside her pyramid's 4,000-year-old burial chamber, the inner walls of which are lined with hieroglyphic spells for the Queen's journey into the afterlife.
ITN article + video - Yahoo News
Reuters article

Two years of DNA testing and CT scans on 16 royal mummies conducted by Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, however, gave the firmest evidence to date that an unidentified mummy – known as KV55, after the number of the tomb where it was found in 1907 in Egypt's Valley of the Kings – is Akhenaten's.
The testing, whose results were announced last month, established that KV55 was the father of King Tut and the son of Amenhotep III, a lineage that matches Akhenaten's, according to inscriptions.
The mummy and DNA tests showed a normally shaped man without genetic conditions that might have given him both masculine and feminine features.
AP via DallasNews.com

the anniversary of king Farouk

In love and respect to a great person and a fair king, we are gladly inviting you join us in celebrating the anniversary of king Farouk in Refaie mosque. Though the original death date of the king was in the 18th of March, we will celebrate this occasion in the 19 th of March which happens to be a Friday to enable as many members as possible to attend.

YouTube - ‫دعوة Ù„Ø*ضور الذكري ال45 لوفاة الملك فاروق‬‎

The Egypt royal jewellery museum opens after 5 years of renovation

Royal Family Jewellery museum was inaugurated April 11th following its development as part of the projects carried out by the Ministry of culture to upgrade Egypt’s museums. The opening ceremony was attended by first lady Suzanne Mubarak who raised the curtain off the plaque to signal the inauguration of the museum with its several showrooms including crowns, Muhammed Ali’s royal family genealogy, docorations, medals, precious jewels used by princesses and the artistic masterpieces with which royal palaces were brimmed over.
Minister of culture Farouk Hosni said in a statement to the press that development of the museum took more than five years at a cost of EP 50 million (USD nine million).
Full article - Brunei.fm

Unknown Royal Crown, possibly Egyptian

Hello,

New to this thread and seeking advice from the experts.

Family heirloom jewelry has Royal Crown inscribed (see picture). We believe (from word of mouth) that it is from modern Egypt, possibly 1900 to 1930 timeframe.

Note the crescent w/star and jewelry.

Can anyone suggest a book or other reference to confirm identification and origin of this specific inscription?

Thanks,

TT

Attachments

• Crown (2).jpg
    Crown (2).jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom