Which hospital do they use

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dantheman

Commoner
City
Victoria
Country
Australia
Random q but my understanding is that there’s no maternity hospital in Liechtenstein so which hospitals do they have their babies at

Three children of Prince Alois and Princess Sophie were born in Canton of St. Gallen Hospital in Switzerland. The same for Alois' brothers Maximilian and Constantin. Alois and his father Hans-Adam were born in Zurich.

Probably I'm wrong but I think that none of the reigning Princes of Liechtenstein were born in their country.

Last edited:
I think that Liechtenstein doesn't have a hospital

I think that Liechtenstein doesn't have a hospital

According to Wikipedia, it has one hospital - the Liechtensteinisches Landesspital in Vaduz. It has 40 beds and 166 employees, and appears to offer a good range of services considering its size.

It looks as if they're planning to add a maternity ward to the hospital, so members of the Princely House may actually be born in the principality at some point in the future.

Most Liechtenstein family members do not live in Liechtenstein. They live abroad, mostly between Austria and Germany. Usually, all their children are born in the country where they currently reside. Even the current herredi Prince was born in London at Portland Hospital.
Once I spoke to a guy who lives in Vaduz and he confirmed that they hardly ever see members of the princely family around.

There is also a hospital in Grabs, Switzerland where Fürstin Marie as well as Fürst Franz Joseph and Fürstin Gina have passed away.

Switzerland and Austria aren’t far away so I assume for those members who stay there, will sometimes go there

Back
Top Bottom