The Death & Funeral of HSH Princess Marie of Liechtenstein - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw in in live . Traditional Funerals as I never see actually ut whe I was young, really impressed with the love of the Grandchildren for their Grandmother. Each 15 left with its white flowerheart, then the flowers of her 4 of her Children and at least the one with red roses from the Furst Widower.
Instructions were given not to show the family and the Guests during the Funerals et during the holy Comunion we saw the Church staines glass windows .
I did not see Prince Hans Adam Siblings.

Last edited:
In the fourth row (right) from left:
Duke Franz of Bavaria and Duchess Elizabeth and Duke Max Emanuel in Bavaria, the parents of Hereditary Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein.

I finally was able to watch the funeral in its entirety.
It was beautiful in a traditional catholic funeral kind of way. I absolutely loved the readings from the grandchildren- what a moving tribute.

I also noticed that on the wreaths those members born into the Princely house were written on the yellow-gold ribbon while their spouses- those married in were written in red.

It is sad we have pictures only from Queen Sofia because the magazine Hola !
Queen Sofia daughter and sister of Kings, Consort of a Past King knows a lot of Royals .
In her life she attends since more than 50 years a lot of royal events.

It is sad we have pictures only from Queen Sofia because the magazine Hola !
Queen Sofia daughter and sister of Kings, Consort of a Past King knows a lot of Royals .
In her life she attends since more than 50 years a lot of royal events.

I half expected to see Princess Irene with Queen Sofia at the Funeral Mass yesterday.

After Prince Wenzel, spoke Lukas and Elizabeth von Lattorff, Princess Tatiana's children. They didn't inherit the titles of prince/princess

Princess Tatiana’s children didn’t inherit the prince/princess titles because they are female-line descendants. Liechtenstein, like Japan, has agnatic-primogeniture, so female Princesses and their descendants are not in the line of succession.

Liechtenstein, like Japan, has agnatic-primogeniture, so female Princesses and their descendants are not in the line of succession.

Liechtenstein is the only reigning European monarchy where that remains the situation. It is also the only reigning European monarchy in which most princesses strictly take their name or title from their husband after marriage.

For example, the Fürstin's daughter Tatjana has been styled as HSH Tatjana von Lattorff since her marriage to Philipp von Lattorff.

However, unlike Japanese princesses, they continue to hold membership of the Princely House and the title HSH Princess von und zu Liechtenstein after marriage, according to the house law.

Back
Top Bottom