The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2021, 08:51 AM
Majesty

Princess Marie's funeral will be broadcast live on Liechtenstein television.

Quote:
Thursday, August 26; 6.30 p.m .:
Transfer to Vaduz Cathedral

Thursday, August 26; from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.:
Laying out in Vaduz Cathedral with the option of entering it in the condolence book

Friday, August 27, 2021; 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.:
Laying out in Vaduz Cathedral with the option of entering it in the condolence book

Friday, August 27, 2021; 7 p.m.:
Rosary prayers in the churches of Liechtenstein parishes

Sunday, September 5, 2021 and Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 9.30 a.m. :
Commemorative masses on the 7th or 30th in the Vaduz Cathedral
https://www.volksblatt.li/nachrichte...nal-ubertragen

Old 08-24-2021, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'm not sure that any consorts have been given a State Funerals which are are usually reserved for monarchs but there could be a Ceremonial funeral or possibly a private family one.
Queen consorts, other than Prince consorts, are also (female) monarchs, but of course non-reigning ones as they also are titled "Majesty". I´ve read that the british Queen Mother had a state funeral as well as danish (Ingrid) and norwegian (Maud) Queen consorts (even CPss Martha had a state funeral back in 1954). I don´t know about Queens Victoria or Louise of Sweden? All the last prince consorts of the Netherlands, Denmark and Britain (it has been claimed, at least, that Princes Henrik and Philip refused a state funeral) had the right to have one but all declined because of modesty.

Old 08-24-2021, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I´ve read that the british Queen Mother had a state funeral as well as danish and norwegian Queen consorts (even CPss Martha had a state funeral back in 1954). All the last prince consorts of the Netherlands, Denmark and Britain had the right to have one but all declined one because of modesty.
The Queen Mother, like Princess Diana, Princess Margaret and Prince Philip, had a ceremonial funeral.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Queen Mother wasn't given a State Funeral but a Ceremonial Funeral which is similar but State Funeral would be reserved for a Head of State and with a few exceptions like Sir Winston Churchill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_...United_Kingdom
Old 08-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Princess Marie's funeral will be broadcast live on Liechtenstein television.

https://www.volksblatt.li/nachrichte...nal-ubertragen
In this schedule the funeral itself is missing. Will it take place on Saturday?
Old 08-24-2021, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
In this schedule the funeral itself is missing. Will it take place on Saturday?
The Funeral Mass will take place this Saturday, August 28th at Vaduz Cathedral.

Along with members of the numerous Princely family of Liechtenstein I wonder will there be any foreign royal guests in attendance?
Old 08-24-2021, 05:00 PM
Commoner

I wish I could see the funeral. From what I've heard only people who live in Liechtenstein can see funeral through Landeskanal.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoa145 View Post
I wish I could see the funeral. From what I've heard only people who live in Liechtenstein can see funeral through Landeskanal.
Please try online. I am no expert, but, it's amazing what is online nowadays.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

Along with members of the numerous Princely family of Liechtenstein I wonder will there be any foreign royal guests in attendance?
Is Vaduz Cathedral the same as the Cathedral of St. Florin? That is where earlier reports indicated that the Funeral Mass would be celebrated.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 08-24-2021, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Is Vaduz Cathedral the same as the Cathedral of St. Florin? That is where earlier reports indicated that the Funeral Mass would be celebrated.

Yes. It is the only cathedral in the country. It only became a Cathedral in the 1990's and was before known as parish St. Florin.

Quote:

I think one will have to wait and see. We now have not only the situation with Covid-19 but also Holiday time. At the funerals of Fürst Franz Josef and Fürstin Gina the reigning european royal Houses were represented except for the scandinavian RF's.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Queen consorts, other than Prince consorts, are also (female) monarchs, but of course non-reigning ones as they also are titled "Majesty". I´ve read that the british Queen Mother had a state funeral as well as danish (Ingrid) and norwegian (Maud) Queen consorts (even CPss Martha had a state funeral back in 1954). I don´t know about Queens Victoria or Louise of Sweden?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean as monarchs are by definition reigning heads of state, but neither Elizabeth of the UK, Ingrid of Denmark, Maud of Norway nor Victoria and Louise of Sweden ever co-ruled with their husbands.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you mean as monarchs are by definition reigning heads of state, but neither Elizabeth of the UK, Ingrid of Denmark, Maud of Norway nor Victoria and Louise of Sweden ever co-ruled with their husbands.
Yes correct they were consorts not Monarchs.
Old 08-24-2021, 06:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Queen consorts, other than Prince consorts, are also (female) monarchs, but of course non-reigning ones as they also are titled "Majesty". I´ve read that the british Queen Mother had a state funeral as well as danish (Ingrid) and norwegian (Maud) Queen consorts (even CPss Martha had a state funeral back in 1954). I don´t know about Queens Victoria or Louise of Sweden? All the last prince consorts of the Netherlands, Denmark and Britain (it has been claimed, at least, that Princes Henrik and Philip refused a state funeral) had the right to have one but all declined because of modesty.
In the Netherlands neither the monarch nor the consort receive a State Funeral. Their funerals essentially are private funerals with support and assistance from the State, as there simply are aspects of public order, security, international relations and diplomacy involved.

In the Netherlands the definition of a State Funeral is that the initiative, the organization, the responsibility and the costs are for the State. So the Dutch consorts have not "declined because of modesty". They never were offered a State Funeral at all.
Old 08-25-2021, 11:45 AM
Majesty

As Catholic it is touching that the Rosary Prayers will take place in the Churches of Liechtensetein Parishes at 7 p.m. to morrow
Marie was one of the 5 Catholic Consorts. As she and the Princess of Monaco were SHH they did not have "le privlilège du Blanc" as for Spain, Belgium and Luxemburg.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:05 PM

Rest In Peace I hope you are in better place now
Old 08-25-2021, 09:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

My condolences to the family of Liechtenstein. I haven't seen photos of her from the last few years, but seeing her as a middleaged lady she always looked very lovely. She had a great sense of style.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:03 AM
Majesty

Now back to Princess Marie , her Funerals will be transmissed in live , I hope I could see them
Old 08-26-2021, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This is a thread about the Death of Princess Marie not Royals Visting the Pope

Offtopic Posts have been moved
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...pope-2809.html
Old 08-26-2021, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

The coffin with the remains of Fürstin Marie was transferred to Vaduz Cathedral this afternoon. Present were Fürst Hans Adam II., Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie and their children
https://www.volksblatt.li/nachrichte...ale-aufgebahrt

Old 08-26-2021, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

St. Florin's Cathedral doesn't look that large so I'm guessing it will be just members of the Princely Family and the late Princess Marie's Family?