Princess Nora (1950- ) Marquesa de Marino, and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
www.korpa.com - LA PRINCESA NORA DE LIECHTENSTEIN EN LA PRIMERA EDICION DEL TORNEO DE PADDEL AGATHA RUIZ DE LA PRADA AD / ©KORPA 21/09/03 MADRID

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we start a thread about princess Nora ? Her life, her wedding ? I think her husband died but she still have a young daughter ? Does anybody knows much about her ?

The Princess Norberta Elisabeth (known as Nora) was Isabel Sartorious´s step-mother..They had a very close and kind relation. Isabel is the former Prince´s Felipe of Spain girlfriend

Last edited:
Her engagement with Vicente Sartorious, Marquis of Mariño

The wedding day, in 1988

With her daugther Maria Teresa, who was born on November 25th/1992

(Corbis)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some rare new pics of Princess Nora:

Secretary-General Ban Ki Moon with H.S.H. Princess Nora
of Liechtenstein at the UN Headquarters in New York, Sept.
18, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thanks Ice flower. She always was a very discreet princess and seems to have altogether left the spotlight to others.

All the Princely Family is very discreet...btw we have to remind that Princess Nora has to grew a now 17 years old daughter alone, I guess she is living discreetely in order to do it in the best way possible.

Alone? Whatever happened to her husband?:flowers:

Her husband died 7 years ago, leaving her and their daughter Maria Teresa; at the time her daughter was 10, now she is 17.

Her husband died 7 years ago, leaving her and their daughter Maria Teresa; at the time her daughter was 10, now she is 17.

I am so sorry. This is so sad for all three of them. I had no idea.
Thank you for the information.:flowers:

You're welcome, Odette.
Some more infos: the Marquis of Marino, don Vicente Sartorius, was 19 years older then Nora; he was the father of Isabel Sartorius, former girlfriend of the Prince of Asturias, born during the first marriage of the Marquis.
He married secondly Princess Nora in 1988, and they had their only daughter Maria Teresa four years later, in 1992; the Princess was 42, and don Vicente was already 61 years old.
He died while on vacation in Ibiza in 2002 of heart attack.

:previous: I remember when they married. Then the Princess was in the news
because of her family relations with Isabel Sartorius and Tatiana of Liechtenstein. Remember when the two ladies were supposedly two of the choices Felipe of Spain had?
Still I am so sad for her and her daughter. Very unfortunate.:flowers:

Isabel Sartorius married in 1995 to Javier de Soto, while Princess Tatiana married in 1999 to Philipp von Lattorf; so I guess they were linked to Felipe between the end of the 1980s and the first half of the 1990s...

Isabel Sartorius married in 1995 to Javier de Soto, while Princess Tatiana married in 1999 to Philipp von Lattorf; so I guess they were linked to Felipe between the end of the 1980s and the first half of the 1990s...

Isabel was supposed to be his real first love and Tatiana a strong candidate. Both are beautiful ladies and Princess Nora was very closely
related to both of them.
Do you know where Princess Nora lives now? What about her only child.
Does she study? Does she have a title?:flowers:

I don't know where Nora and Maria Teresa live now. I guess Maria Teresa is studying, she is 17 and at this age wherever she is probably she studies.
I don't think she has any title; I don't know who has inherited the Marchional title of Marino, but since she has at least two eldest stepsisters, surely she doesn't inherited the title (although we have seen other titles passed to the youngest daughter instead of her eldest stepsister- I'm thinking to the present Duchess of Cadaval).

:previous: Thank you very much. I will try to find news about them and will share.:flowers:

it's very sad about her husband...why is she on the IOC committee??is she a sportswoman or something?

Did she have a romance with don Alfonso de Borbon, duke of Cadiz, prior to her marriage ?

I never heard this story; maybe you're getting confused with Archduchess Maria Constanza of Austria, daughter of the late Archduke Carl Ludwig and Archduchess Yolande, née Princess de Ligne.
I don't know the details, but if I remember correctly Alfonso and Constanza had a romance in the years before his death. Some years after Alfonso died, she married Prince Franz Josef von Auersperg-Trautson.

I don't know who has inherited the Marchional title of Marino, but since she has at least two eldest stepsisters, surely she doesn't inherited the title (although we have seen other titles passed to the youngest daughter instead of her eldest stepsister- I'm thinking to the present Duchess of Cadaval).

From his 1st marraige, the Marques de Mariño had two daughters, Isabel and Cecilia and one son, Luis, so he should have inherited the title.

Thank you, JSP; I didn't know of the existance of Luis.

Only now I can see my horrible mistake in my post quoted above; I've written "stepsisters", but I was thinking to "half-sisters". My apologies for this mistake.

Princess Nora of Liechtenstein (with Cecilia Sartorius and her husband Federico
Green) attended the 'Telva Solidarity Awards' 2011 at Hotel Eurobuilding on
May 4, 2011 in Madrid, Spain.

** Pic**

Princess Nora at the Funeral Service for Archduke Otto of Austria at the San
Gines Church on September 8, 2011 in Madrid, Spain.

** Pic **

And shopping with Cecilia Sartorius on October 7, 2011 in also in Madrid.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Nora has taken part in a conference to fight against the use of drugs and alcohol among young people on October 3, 2012 in Madrid, Spain.

** gettyimages gallery **

Princess Nora has attended the 'Lo Que De Verdad Importa' (What really matters) book presentation at Torre Espacio in Madrid on December 11, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Back
Top Bottom