Princely Family of Liechtenstein Current Events 3: May 2007- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Greek ambassador to Berlin, Anastassios Kriekoukis, and Liechtenstein’s ambassador to Berlin, Prince Stefan von und zu Liechtenstein, will attend the ...

ekathimerini.com | ARTS & LEISURE - NEWS

Really? I always thought that the British Royal Family was the biggest...

I guess you would really have to look at the math. There are over 100 princes and princess currently holding the title of His/Her Serene Highness of Liechtenstein.:ohmy:

I guess you would really have to look at the math. There are over 100 princes and princess currently holding the title of His/Her Serene Highness of Liechtenstein.:ohmy:
how is possible that??

I believe there is no rule for who is a HSH Prince(ss) and who isn't, as long as it is in the male line.

Check out this from Liechtenstein tourism. Liechtenstein - Princely Family

I've also been on a site that had every present living prince and princess. I'll see if I can find it again.

They are all descending from Fürst Franz Joseph I. See link for the Genelogy:
Liechtenstein

There is no limit for how many Generations the Title Prince/Princess of Liechtenstein can pass in the male line and as the mostly have/had many children, there are a lot of lines now.

Thanks Stefan. Not the one I had in mind but still eliminates me having to look for it.;)

Members of the Princely Family visit the Pearl Museum in Dubai. National Bank of Dubai

Scroll to the very bottom.

Stefan! thank you for the information!

Industry and Commerce Minister of Bahrain meets Prince Phillip of Liechtenstein.

Bahrain News Agency

Last edited:
They are all descending from Fürst Franz Joseph I. See link for the Genelogy:
Liechtenstein

There is no limit for how many Generations the Title Prince/Princess of Liechtenstein can pass in the male line and as the mostly have/had many children, there are a lot of lines now.

Very interesting link . . .

wow, large family for sure

There will be an auction of a large part of the collection of the Princely House,on tueasday april 1st,Christie's Amsterdam.

(No,it's not an april fools joke either...)

Liechtenstein - Christie's

Thanks for this article Kerry.
Apart from the art, the story contains a clue which explains the wherewithall for restoration of the Vienna palaces and the acquisition of artworks:

Operating under the slogan "Invest like the Prince", LGT now manages assets of SwFr 100bn ($84bn) (profits for the first half of this year were SwFr136m).

From an online currency conversion calculator, half-year profit of 136 million Swiss francs =
Australian $148,500,000
Euro €86,450,000
Stg £68,340,000
US $136,500,000

There would appear to be no cashflow problem in the Liechtenstein household budget. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for this article Kerry.
Apart from the art, the story contains a clue which explains the wherewithall for restoration of the Vienna palaces and the acquisition of artworks:
Operating under the slogan "Invest like the Prince", LGT now manages assets of SwFr 100bn ($84bn) (profits for the first half of this year were SwFr136m).

From an online currency conversion calculator, half-year profit of 136 million Swiss francs =
Australian $148,500,000
Euro €86,450,000
Stg £68,340,000
US $136,500,000

There would appear to be no cashflow problem in the Liechtenstein household budget. :D

Oh say that again,it's not like they have a shortage in cash-flow,they are a billionaire family,euro-billionaires that is,there is that slight difference these days..:rolleyes:.And it was all done by selling stamps and accomodating bank secrets,now why didn't we think of that,you tell me.;)

Never underestimate the smallest Monarchies here,they also happen to be the wealthiest

Oh say that again,it's not like they have a shortage in cash-flow,they are a billionaire family,euro-billionaires that is,there is that slight difference these days..:rolleyes:.And it was all done by selling stamps and accomodating bank secrets,now why didn't we think of that,you tell me.;)

Never underestimate the smallest Monarchies here,they also happen to be the wealthiest

I wonder if ALL the princes of liechtenstein get an allowance? If that was possible, since there are hundreds of them, that would be quite an expense of the family purse. Perhaps that's why most (all?) of them work in some capacity and the biggest allowance goes to the hereditary crown prince couple (and everyone else gets a smaller share).

The Fürstenhaus Liechtenstein House Laws of 2003 at Part III The Reigning Prince, Article 12(7) merely state:

As Chairman of the princely foundations and as the usufructary of the family's assets, the Reigning Prince shall support members of the Princely House who find themselves in financial difficulty, insofar as the income from the assets so permits.

Since the Princely House is run as a virtual corporation, I would imagine that members are "encouraged" to find gainful employment. :D

I wonder if ALL the princes of liechtenstein get an allowance? If that was possible, since there are hundreds of them, that would be quite an expense of the family purse. Perhaps that's why most (all?) of them work in some capacity and the biggest allowance goes to the hereditary crown prince couple (and everyone else gets a smaller share).

None of the Princely family gets an allowance from the State.
They won't have it themselves.

The family assets provide all,and more.And about work,they all work because they were blessed with good sets of brains and loath freeloading.They all have careers,bankers,diplomats etc of their own as is their very own wish.
:)

They all have excellent careers and educations which is why I respect them so much. I think it's great that they all work. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Peace Is Possible, Says Prince Alfred

Prince Alfred of Liechtenstein says peace is possible in this world and it all depends on the choices made by mankind.

"Peace is possible. We can make this world a better place by giving it a chance. It is our choice.

Full article here.

Another Peace story featuring Prince Alfred of Liechtenstein by NST Online.

Yes, he does. So he will probably age gracefully like his dad. Thanks for sharing.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom