Princely Family of Liechtenstein Current Events 3: May 2007- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. They seem pretty normal, that's great.

According to Paca, Princess Sophie represented Liechtenstein at the 12th Games of the Small States of Europe.

Funny that there are tons of pics of Henri and MT of Luxembourg and Prince Albert but none (yet) of Sophie. I will continue to search and see what I find.

According to the royal website Liechtenstein will host the games in 2011. Portal of the Principality of Liechtenstein - News

Last edited:
Lichtenstein's Prince Hans-Adam pays his respect at the funeral of former Austrian president and UN secretary general Kurt Waldheim, 23 June 2007, in Vienna. Former Austrian president and UN secretary general Kurt Waldheim, who died on June 14, was buried in Vienna today with political and religious leaders calling for reconciliation over his Nazi past. Vienna's Cardinal Christoph Schoenborn, who performed the morning funeral mass at St. Stephen's Cathedral, said Waldheim "stood ... at a crossroads of a human and political question: how much to forget and how much to remember." AFP PHOTO / DIETER NAGL

ANP Beeldbank

Princess Agnes of Liechtenstein died at August 31st in Vienna. She was 79 years old and will be burried on September 10th in Vienna. Princess Agnes is herself an archduchess of Austria-Tuscany and the daughter of Archduke Hubert-Salvator and Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm. I believe that her sister is Markgravine Valerie of Baden. Agnes married Prince Karl-Alfred, a brother of the late Fuerst Franz-Joseph. The couple got 7 children.

source: www.royalblog.nl

Prince of Leichtenstein married Sheilagh Brunton 1925

Can anyone shed light on who the Prince of Leichtenstein was who married a Sheilagh (not sure if correct spelling) Brunton in 1925? We have a picture from a paper but have no other information.

Prince Emmanuel of Liechtenstein married religiously Sonja Maria Monschein at Riegersburg (most likely in August)

Netty royalty page

Emanuel Friedrich Eugen Nikolaus (b.Graz 29 Nov 1978)

Never thought any of the wedding would be made public. Nice to put voices with some of the faces we've come to know especially Hans Adam.

Has the Princely family ever issued a holiday card?

Princess Marie just seems one of those women who has timeless beauty. Really elegant, really beautiful.

She is!

I find it refreshing that one of the richest Royal/Princely Families, if not the richest, is so understated in their celebrations.

BB,
Thanks for all of the pics. I found a link to a video of the celebration but I can't view it not being a member of the press.:sad:

I found a blog about the couple which features the video made by our own BurberryBrit.

Sad News

Prince Vincenz von und zu Liechtenstein died unexpectedly of a heart attack at his home near Graz, Austria in the night from Sunday to Monday aged 57. He was born at Graz on 30 July 1950 as the eldest child of Prince Heinrich and his wife Elisabeth née Archduchess of Austria. On Saturday he had attended the funeral of his uncle Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria. Prince Vincenz was a politician for the ÖVP. Prince Vincenz is survived by his second wife Roberta and his two daughters by his first wife Adelheid and Hedwig.
Taken from netty royals site

Vincenz is Hans-Adam's 2nd cousin (I posted the geneaology a while back) and Hedwig is engaged to be married (or was recently married?) to Comte Oliver de Quelen of France.

Dr. Vincenz Liechtenstein

OMG! How sad. I remember reading how excited he was announcing the engagement of Hedwig.

Prince Vincenz von und zu Liechtenstein died unexpectedly of a heart attack at his home near Graz, Austria in the night from Sunday to Monday aged 57. He was born at Graz on 30 July 1950 as the eldest child of Prince Heinrich and his wife Elisabeth née Archduchess of Austria. On Saturday he had attended the funeral of his uncle Archduke Carl Ludwig of Austria. Prince Vincenz was a politician for the ÖVP. Prince Vincenz is survived by his second wife Roberta and his two daughters by his first wife Adelheid and Hedwig.
Taken from netty royals site

Vincenz is Hans-Adam's 2nd cousin (I posted the geneaology a while back) and Hedwig is engaged to be married (or was recently married?) to Comte Oliver de Quelen of France.

Dr. Vincenz Liechtenstein

I thought the couple had already married. There was a video link posted somewhere on TRF where Hans Adam was speaking. I thought that was at Hedwig's wedding. Maybe I'm wrong.

I thought the couple had already married. There was a video link posted somewhere on TRF where Hans Adam was speaking. I thought that was at Hedwig's wedding. Maybe I'm wrong.

No, that was from Prince Emmanuel vuz Liechtenstein's wedding.

The Prince be burried on Friday, 26 January at 2.00 pm at the burial vault at Schloss Vaduz, Liechtenstein.

Source: Kleine Zeitung via RPF.

Wow, that was a nice treat. Thanks Burberry Brit for posting that video. Hans-Adam is very handsome looking, by the way.

I noticed on their website that Max and Angela are not listed. Does anyone know the reason for this? Are they in line to the throne or off the list? Sorry for the silly question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom