Prince Wenzeslaus (1974- ), son of Prince Philipp Erasmus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CasiraghiTrio

Heir Apparent , TRF Author, Royal Blogger
City
Burbank
Country
United States
Who is he? Hola! magazine online site says he is dating Adriana Lima. They had a dinner date at a restaurant in Rome recently. Picture below is from hola.com

CasiraghiTrio said:
Who is he? Hola! magazine online site says he is dating Adriana Lima. They had a dinner date at a restaurant in Rome recently. Picture below is from hola.com
I think you mean Prince Wenzeslaus (alternate spelling: Wenceslas).

HSH Prince Wenzeslaus von und zu Liechtenstein was born in 1974. He is the second son of Prince Philipp Erasmus (a brother of Prince Hans Adam) and Isabelle de l'Arbre de Malander (who is a god-daughter of the late Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians).

His elder brither, Prince Alexander, married Astrid Kohl in 2003., and he has a younger brother, Prince Rudolf, b 1975.

Of all the "junior" Liechtenstein Princes, Alexander and Wenzeslaus have the highest profile in the European magazine (eg Point de Vue), whereas most of the (many) Liechtenstein Princes keep a very low profile, and are rarely photographed.

He was in today's 'Page Six', the (in?) famous gossip column of New York news tabloid The New York Post:

"DISCIPLINARIAN
ADRIANA Lima is about as passionate as a non-cellphone-throwing supermodel can be. Arriving late at P.M. Lounge at Friday's birthday party for her boyfriend, Prince Wence of Lichtenstein, part of the wealthiest royal family of Europe with $4 billion, she marched up to the birthday boy and slapped him across the face. (Maybe he forgot to send a car to pick her up.) "Then she went to the bar with a girlfriend," said a bystander. "Ten minutes later, she came back, picked up the prince's jacket, grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out the door." Presumably, they soon made up and the prince's birthday ended happily."

GlitteringTiaras said:
I read about that earlier today. Adriana is a fiesty one, no?
LOL it sure seems that way! I have to admit if I bumped into 'Wence' on the street I'd for sure <not> recognize him!

What really caught my eye was the $4 billion price tag the NY Post attached to his family's wealth. wonder if that's the whole, entire extended Liechtenstein fam. or just Hans Adam and his kids..
Also, if Wence is in NY, he's probably working on Wall St., as in, in the financial industry, I take it.

princess olga said:
What really caught my eye was the $4 billion price tag the NY Post attached to his family's wealth. wonder if that's the whole, entire extended Liechtenstein fam. or just Hans Adam and his kids.
I don't think anyone has any idea of the Liechtenstein Family wealth distribution apart from the family themselves.

The House has very detailed family rules which form part of the Principality's Constitution, but internal finances aren't mentioned, apart from Part III, Article 12 (7) of the House Laws, which states the Reigning Prince's obligations:

"As Chairman of the princely foundations and as the usufructary of the family's assets, the Reigning Prince shall support members of the Princely House who find themselves in financial difficulty, insofar as the income from the assets so permits."

For the most part, the offspring of Hans-Adam II seem to have a pretty good hold of their careers. Or at least the male progeny with Alois being hereditary prince and Max and Constantin both having careers in investment banking.

Not sure about the extended family though. I'm sure they would receive aid if needed. Don't know if they are considered members of the Princely House.

House membership

kerry said:
Not sure about the extended family though. I'm sure they would receive aid if needed. Don't know if they are considered members of the Princely House.
Yes Kerry, they are. House Laws Part 1 Article 1 Nature and Membership:

(1) The Princely House of Liechtenstein is an autonomous family community established and organised at the level of the Constitution of the Principality, on the basis of the provisions of the dynastic statute hitherto in force. Its membership shall comprise members by birth or members by marriage.

(2) The Reigning Prince and all descendants in the male line of Prince Johann I of Liechtenstein (1760-1836), being issue of a recognised marriage, are members by birth. A princess whose membership is by birth does not lose such membership on her marriage...

(3) The consort of the Reigning Prince and the wives of princes are members by marriage, provided the marriage is recognised in accordance with this dynastic statute. Membership acquired through marriage is retained during widowhood.

Wow! There are quite a few of them. Thanks Warren.:)

According to the above article posted by jeneve valois, Wence is a billionaire in his own right. Or at least that's my take on it. If that's the case, this family has some deep pockets.

Adriana doesn't look all that great without make-up. JMO.

kate14 said:
I wonder what his family thinks of her and their relationship.
"Not marriage material for a Prince of Liechtenstein" or alternatively "Great! This will raise our profile and get us in the gossip mags!" :D

Warren said:
"Not marriage material for a Prince of Liechtenstein" or alternatively "Great! This will raise our profile and get us in the gossip mags!" :D

Warren, I believe you're 100% correct on this. We all know that they're a low-proflie family. I definitely can't see it happening either! :D

jeneve_valois said:
does anyone know when adriana begain dating him i remember an interview for GQ (http://www.greatestjournal.com/community/adriana_fans/40371.html#cutid1)

when she claimed to be a virgin and super catholic is the roal house catholic? hm image repair? another pic of the couple adriana is more dolled up

http://adriana-fans.greatestjournal.com/

Did you read between the lines of that interview? "I have to say no." That was her answer about not having sex because she's Catholic. Oh please!!!
I'm not buying her act.

But yes, the Liechtensteins are Catholic.

I don't know if I don't believe her. Even though she is very beautiful and could pretty much have any man she wants that doesn't mean that she has thrown away her personal values.

I agree with grim. I have no reason to doubt her. If she's says she's a virgin, who am I to disagree? Why would she lie especially since being a virgin is quite an unpopular thing to claim? I do think she's living a double standard by posing very provacatively in her lingerie while being a virgin. But again, that's not up to be to judge.

i didnt post it to mean we should doubt her its just a little odd that a victorias secret angel would claim to be catholic and a virgin when shes dating a prince from a catholic family and as from as i know that interview is from GQS april 2006 edition (http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_4255) and if she was dating him before that which i think she was it is worthy of being suspicious

I wonder how a prince and a heir to a throne manages not to be seen by the public? I guess he is lucky espically when he is dating a famous model that still strikes me as being werid now if she were not that famous maybe not so striking she's one of the most highly paid models in the world. you would think the paparazzi would be chasing those two down the street but that's just my opinion.

Next Star said:
I wonder how a prince and a heir to a throne manages not to be seen by the public?
He's not the heir to the throne, actually. He is the second son of Prince Philip of Liechtenstein, who is the younger brother of the current reigning prince Hans-Adam.
So...while Prince Wenzeslaus is in line for the throne, he's not the heir. Prince Alois, the eldest son of Prince Hans-Adam, is the heir.

Personally, I think that the media is just not as interested in the Princely family of Liechtenstein, probably due to the country's size. Also, Wenzeslaus, as well as his brothers Prince Rudolf and Prince Alexander, seem to be very low-profile- it's rare to see photos of them at all.

suturegeisha said:
... Also, Wenzeslaus, as well as his brothers Prince Rudolf and Prince Alexander, seem to be very low-profile- it's rare to see photos of them at all.

Unless Wence's model girlfriend is making a spectacle of herself in public. :rolleyes:

suturegeisha said:
He's not the heir to the throne, actually. He is the second son of Prince Philip of Liechtenstein, who is the younger brother of the current reigning prince Hans-Adam.
So...while Prince Wenzeslaus is in line for the throne, he's not the heir. Prince Alois, the eldest son of Prince Hans-Adam, is the heir.

Personally, I think that the media is just not as interested in the Princely family of Liechtenstein, probably due to the country's size. Also, Wenzeslaus, as well as his brothers Prince Rudolf and Prince Alexander, seem to be very low-profile- it's rare to see photos of them at all.
He is still a heir to the throne I know he is not first when say the heir to the throne then your saying that the person is first in line to the throne you read my quote wrong.Forget about size of the country were talking about a prince I bet if someday he were to wed a famous woman like the one he is dating Paparazzi would over that country.

suturegeisha said:

You read my quote wrong I did not say he is the heir to the throne meaning that person is first in line to the throne. I was trying that he is still in line to the throne which makes a heir to the throne. I know the soverign Prince's son is the heir to the throne. meanig his first. Forget about the size of the country if were to pick a famous woman to become bride I bet paparazzi would be all over that country.Then he would become famous.

Next Star said:
You read my quote wrong I did not say he is the heir to the throne meaning that person is first in line to the throne. I was trying that he is still in line to the throne which makes a heir to the throne. I know the soverign Prince's son is the heir to the throne. meanig his first.
To avoid such misunderstanding it would help if you used the correct terminology.

The term "heir to the throne" is understood by most people who know anything about Royal matters to be THE heir to the throne.

If you are referring to others with succession rights, the usual expression is "in the line of succession".

Rather than accusing others of misreading your quote it would be better if the facts were presented correctly in the first place.

First of all they should what talking this website is called The Royal Forums everyone should royalty period.

Next Star said:
First of all they should what talking this website is called The Royal Forums everyone should royalty period.

I beg your Pardon?

Next Star said:
First of all they should what I am talking this website is called The Royal Forums everyone should about royalty period.
A person in line to a throne is called a heir rather they are first or last when you say the heir to the throne it means the person is first. A heir to the throne can be second or beyond you don't hear a person say a heir in the line of succession you hear what spot they are in for example Prince Wenzeslaus is the 11th heir to the throne why? you use the line of successsion that is too much stuff to write I am tried for people reading my qotes wrong I know what the difference is .

Next Star said:
A person in line to a throne is called a heir rather they are first or last when you say the heir to the throne it means the person is first. A heir to the throne can be second or beyond
Sorry, but you are wrong again Next Star. As already explained the term "heir to the throne" is used by those with even a basic knowledge of the subject of Royalty to mean THE heir to the throne. Nothing else. Wikipedia has HSH Princess Marie Louise of Schaumburg-Lippe holding 893rd place in line of succession to the British throne. By no stretch of the imagination would anyone describe her as an "heiress" to the throne.
It would appear you believe that everyone is out of step on the meaning of this term except yourself.
Next Star said:
you don't hear a person say a heir in the line of succession you hear what spot they are in for example Prince Wenzeslaus is the 11th heir to the throne why?
No, people who know the subject of Royalty will say, for example, "Prince Wenzeslaus is 11th in line of succession to the throne".
Next Star said:
you use the line of successsion that is too much stuff to write
For the sake of accuracy it is best to use the correct terms, even if that is "too much stuff to write." Made-up and incorrect shorthand serves only to confuse the issue and gives the impression you are not the "Royal Scholar" you have claimed so many times to be.
Next Star said:
I am tried for people reading my qotes wrong I know what the difference is .
I would suggest the reason that you feel so many people are "reading my quotes wrong" is because you are getting it wrong, not them.

I say that he is a heir because that is what he is I don't say what others what me to say I never heared a person ever say that a heir beyond second is line of succession I always heared that spot they hold in the line and you can be a heir and not first now let's talk about the prince because I am tried about the line of succession.

Back
Top Bottom