Prince Joseph Wenzel, Princess Marie-Caroline, Prince Georg and Prince Nikolaus

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blog Real

Imperial Majesty
City
Lisboa
Country
Portugal
This is a topic about the unknown (yes are practical unknown) children of Crown Prince Alois and Princess Sophie of Liechtenstein.
We know virtually nothing about them (education, relationships, etc.) and photos are also few that exist.
In this topic we can discuss these and other matters about these princes.

Prince Joseph Wenzel

Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, Count of Rietberg (Joseph Wenzel Maximilian Maria; born 24 May 1995) is the eldest child of Prince Alois of Liechtenstein, the Regent and Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein, and his wife Princess Sophie, Duchess in Bavaria, he is also the eldest grandchild of the current ruling prince of Liechtenstein.

He is second in the line of succession to the Liechtensteiner throne through his father.

n 2013 he was receiving his secondary education in England at Malvern College, where he was joined by his sister Marie-Caroline. After he left Malvern in May 2014, Joseph Wenzel took a gap year, during which he travelled to, and gained work experiences in, the United States and South America.

https://c2.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B4a18ff20/21903736_LnLHF.jpeg

https://c10.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B42187610/21903737_LDYBC.jpeg

https://c7.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B2117d215/21903738_zDBtz.jpeg

Princess Marie-Caroline

Princess Marie-Caroline of Liechtenstein, Countess of Rietberg (Marie Caroline Elisabeth Immaculata von und zu Liechtenstein), is the only daughter of Crown Prince Alois of Liechtenstein and his wife, Princess Sophie of Bavaria, Duchess in Bavaria. He was born on October 17, 1996, in Grabs.

Like her older brother, she also studied at Malvern College.

https://c3.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Bd417c545/21903740_lH8VR.jpeg

https://c7.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B00187a9f/21903741_SM81V.jpeg

https://c3.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/Bb0186324/21903742_qs0dn.jpeg

Prince Georg

Georg Antonius Constantin Maria of Liechtenstein (Grabs, Saint Gaul, Switzerland, 20 April 1999). He is the third son of Prince Regent Alois of Liechtenstein and his wife, Sophie of Liechtenstein, born Princess of Bavaria and Duchess in Bavaria.

Prince Georg also studied at Malvern College.
He also studied at the University of St.Gallen.

https://c10.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B2017df13/21903743_JTEKK.jpeg

https://c8.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/B61178480/21903744_RzQw2.jpeg

https://www.linkedin.com/in/georg-liechtenstein-769486174/

Prince Nikolaus

Nikolaus Sebastian Alexander Maria of Liechtenstein (Grabs, San Galo, Switzerland, 6 December 2000). He is the youngest son of Prince Regent Alois of Liechtenstein and his wife, Sophie of Liechtenstein, born Princess of Bavaria and Duchess in Bavaria.

https://c6.quickcachr.fotos.sapo.pt/i/G7a1729f3/21903745_UVLfz.jpeg

Last edited:
Any news on Joesph Wenzel?

There is no news. He does not usually participate in official principality activities (at least that are public or that there are photos), it is not known if he works in the family business or if he has a girlfriend.

I remember rumours that he was studying for an MBA in the US but I have no idea how true that is.

The Princely Family of Liechtenstein are very private, they have always been. Though I must say that I find it odd that we don't see pictures of the eldest son and heir of the heir Joseph Wenzel. He is almost 26 years old, quite odd that he doesn't do any official engagements. We have seen more of Jacques in Monaco and Charles in Luxembourg than we have seen Joseph Wenzel.

I wonder if he is simply not interested (may want to have a different kind of life), or maybe he is still studying (Master's degree probably...).

If I am not mistaken, Prince Joseph Wenzel is currently fourth in the Jacobite line of succession to the (separate) thrones of England and Scotland.

Is Prince Joseph Wenzel on social media (facebook, instagram)?

Last I read and heard he was dating an American socialite and doing graduate studies.

Last I read and heard he was dating an American socialite and doing graduate studies.

That was back in 2017 and I heard and read that ended.

The Princely Family of Liechtenstein are very private, they have always been. Though I must say that I find it odd that we don't see pictures of the eldest son and heir of the heir Joseph Wenzel. He is almost 26 years old, quite odd that he doesn't do any official engagements. We have seen more of Jacques in Monaco and Charles in Luxembourg than we have seen Joseph Wenzel.

I wonder if he is simply not interested (may want to have a different kind of life), or maybe he is still studying (Master's degree probably...).

Well to be fair they are very private and don't need to be in the spotlight. I think he's doing his MBA and probably getting private lessons to learn how to run the state and LGT company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Prince Joseph Wenzel on social media (facebook, instagram)?
Yes, he does have Instagram and Facebook. But it is private and doesn't accept request from people he doesn't know in person

Yes, he does have Instagram and Facebook. But it is private and doesn't accept request from people he doesn't know in person

A smart decision, especially in his position.

A smart decision, especially in his position.

He said in an interview once he is lucky that many people don't know or heard much about Liechtenstein so he had a normal upbringing.

Line of succession from Charles I of England and Scotland to Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein:

Charles I of England and Scotland > Henrietta of England> Anne Marie of Orléans > Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia > Victor Amadeus III of Sardinia > Victor Emmanuel I of Sardinia > Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy> Archduke Ferdinand Karl Viktor of Austria-Este > Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria-Este > Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria > Albrecht, Duke of Bavaria > Max, Duke in Bavaria > Sophie, Duchess in Bavaria > Josef Wenzel of Liechtenstein.

Last edited:
I knew some people who went in the same school with Prince Wenzel and they all said that he was a really nice guy. He was dating this regular girl from New Jersey that studied at Georgetown, for a while but than they broke up like 1 year and half ago. It's was a serious relashionship but nobody really knows why they broke up.
His brother Georg is basically a party boy. He mainly hangs out with other austrian and german aristocrats. I heard that he had a relashionship with Anna Guttemberg.
Marie Caroline and Nikolaus are more low key profile

I knew some people who went in the same school with Prince Wenzel and they all said that he was a really nice guy. He was dating this regular girl from New Jersey that studied at Georgetown, for a while but than they broke up like 1 year and half ago. It's was a serious relashionship but nobody really knows why they broke up.
His brother Georg is basically a party boy. He mainly hangs out with other austrian and german aristocrats. I heard that he had a relashionship with Anna Guttemberg.

Are you saying Wendell hangs out with Austrian and German aristocrats or his brother Georg does?

Who is Anna Guttemberg? Is she an aristocrat?

I suppose Anna von u. zu Guttenberg is probably meant, the daughter of the disgraced politician Karl Theodor von u. zu Guttenberg, Angela Merkel's short-lived minister of Economic Affairs in 2009, and his wife Css Stephanie von Bismarck.

Last edited:
His brother Georg hangs out.

I suppose Anna von u. zu Guttenberg is probably meant, the daughter of the disgraced politician Karl Theodor von u. zu Guttenberg, Angela Merkel's short-lived minister of Economic Affairs in 2009, and his wife Css Stephanie von Bismarck.

According to this royalpedia page Anna is living in the USA. Is Georg also studying in the USA? In terms of age it makes sense as her date of birth is recorded as 5 May 2001; and Georg was born on 20 April 1999.

Are you saying Wendell hangs out with Austrian and German aristocrats or his brother Georg does?
I was talking about Georg. He seems more snobbish to me than his sibilings. His friends are just other wealthy aristocrats. Wenzel hangs out with several people outside that circle

According to this royalpedia page Anna is living in the USA. Is Georg also studying in the USA? In terms of age it makes sense as her date of birth is recorded as 5 May 2001; and Georg was born on 20 April 1999.

No, Georg is studying Economics at St Gallen University HSG.

Where is Princess Marie-Caroline studying?

I was talking about Georg. He seems more snobbish to me than his sibilings. His friends are just other wealthy aristocrats. Wenzel hangs out with several people outside that circle

Oh that’s interesting. Well that’s a good trait in Wenzel since he is going to be the reigning prince of Liechtenstein. Is Georg the youngest brother?

Oh that’s interesting. Well that’s a good trait in Wenzel since he is going to be the reigning prince of Liechtenstein. Is Georg the youngest brother?

No, Nikolaus is the youngest one.

I believe all four attended Malvern College in England. Wenzel, Georg and Nikolaus all definitely did. Nikolaus left in summer 2019. His friends were mainly wealthy German/Dutch/Belgian students.

Back
Top Bottom