On this day: Princely Family of Liechtenstein

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CyrilVladisla

Imperial Majesty
City
Conneaut
Country
United States
On this day, August 16, 1662 ~ Birth of Prince Hans-Adam I Liechtenstein in Brno, Margraviate of Moravia

On this day, August 18, 1781 ~ Demise of Prince Franz Josef I of Liechtenstein

On this day, August 28, 1853 ~ Birth of Prince Franz I of Liechtenstein at Schloss Liechtenstein near Vienna, Austria

Last edited by a moderator:
On this day, September 28, 1947 ~ Demise of Princess Elsa of Liechtenstein, born Elisabeth von Gutmannn, wife of Prince Franz I of Liechtenstein, in Vitznau, Switzerland

On this day, October 5, 1840 ~ Birth of Prince Johann II of Liechtenstein at Schloss Eisgrub in the Austrian Empire

On this day, October 11, 1721 ~ Demise of Prince Anton Florian of Liechtenstein

On this day, October 18, 1989 ~ Demise of Princess Gina of Liechtenstein, wife of Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein, in Grabs, Switzerland

On this day, October 24, 1921 ~ Birth of Princess Gina of Liechtenstein, wife of Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein, in Graz, Austria

On this day, October 24, 1921 ~ Birth of Princess Gina of Liechtenstein, wife of Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein, in Graz, Austria

Then still as Countess of Wilczek

Then still as Countess of Wilczek
Sadly Countess Georgina von Wilczek mother died when she was just a little over 2 years old after giving birth to a still born son.
Her mother came from a Czech noble family.

Sadly Countess Georgina von Wilczek mother died when she was just a little over 2 years old after giving birth to a still born son.
Her mother came from a Czech noble family.

Yes she was a born Countess Kinsky.

On this day, November 12, 1858 ~ Demise of Prince Alois II of Liechtenstein

On this day, November 13, 1989 ~ Demise of Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein in Grabs, Switzerland

On this day, November 19, 1726 ~ Birth of Franz Joseph I, Prince of Liechtenstein in Milan, Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia

On this day, December 17, 1732 ~ Demise of Prince Josef Johann Adam of Liechtenstein in Valtice

The Princely Family of Liechtenstein

Hello everyone,
Recently I purchased 3 books about the Liechtenstein Princely Family,
1 Hans Adam II Prince of Liechtenstein (biography) by David Beattie.
2 (Photobook) Die Furstliche Familie von Liechtenstein by Uve Harder in German.
3 (in German) Genealogie des Furstlichen Hauses Liechtenstein by Samuel C Dotson & of course The Family Tree of the House of Liechtenstein from Rosvall Quarterly, as I read & understand Dutch, English & German, so it is easy for me to follow these books & magazine.

On this day, December 22, 1748 ~ Demise of Prince Johann Nepomuk Karl of Liechtenstein in Wischau

On this day, December 22, 1748 ~ Demise of Prince Johann Nepomuk Karl of Liechtenstein in Wischau

The Prince was just 24 years old at the time of his death and had reigned as Prince from the age of 8 in 1732 until his sudden death.

He is buried at the Liechtenstein Princely vault at Our Lady of Vranov in modern day Czech Republic.

640px-Hrobka%2C_interier_%28Vranov%29.jpg

On this day, January 6, 1875 ~ Birth of Princess Elsa of Liechtenstein, wife of Prince Franz I of Liechtenstein, in Vienna, Austria

On this day, February 10, 1772 ~ Demise of Prince Josef Wenzel Karl of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

On this day, February 11, 1929 ~ Demise of Prince Johann II of Liechtenstein at Valtice Castle in Czechoslovakia

On this day, February 10, 1772 ~ Demise of Prince Josef Wenzel Karl of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

The Prince was later buried at the Princely vault of the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary, Brno modern day Slovakia.

On this day, February 12, 1627 ~ Demise of Karl I, Prince of Liechtenstein at the Liechtenstein Palace in Prague, Kingdom of Bohemia

On this day, March 24, 1805 ~ Demise of Alois I, Prince of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

On this day, April 5, 1684 ~ Demise of Karl Eusebius, Prince of Liechtenstein at Kostelec Castle in Schwarzkosteletz

On this day, April 11, 1611 ~ Birth of Karl Eusebius, Prince of Liechtenstein

On this day, April 20, 1836 ~ Demise of Prince Johann I Josef of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

On this day, April 20, 1836 ~ Demise of Prince Johann I Josef of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

Johann I Joseph was Prince of Liechtenstein from 1805 until his death.His remains were buried at the he Liechtenstein Princely crypt in Vranov in modern day Czech Republic.
Since 1960 the family started to use the Princely crypt at St. Florin Cathedral in Vaduz.

381px-Johann_Josef_I_von_Liechtenstein.jpg

On this day, May 14, 1759 ~ Birth of Prince Alois I of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

On this day, May 25, 1690 ~ Birth of Johann Josef Adam, Prince of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

On this day, May 26, 1796 ~ Birth of Alois II, Prince of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

On this day, May 28, 1656 ~ Birth of Anton Florian, Prince of Liechtenstein in Wilfersdorf, Austria

On this day, June 16, 1712 ~ Demise of Prince Hans Adam I of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

Of the very small principalities Liechtenstein & Luxembourg are my favourites, 3 books about Liechtenstein, one just only black & white pictures & of course also Luxemburg.
Thank you for your info.

Last edited:
Of the very small principalities Liechtenstein & Luxembourg are my favourites, 3 books about Liechtenstein, one just only black & white pictures & of course also Luxemburg.
Thank you for your info.

Luxembourg is a grand duchy not a principality. Also, it is the largest of the small countries of Europe and the other five together could fit into it with room to spare.

On this day, June 26, 1760 ~ Birth of Prince Johann I Josef of Liechtenstein in Vienna, Austria

On this day, July 6, 1724 ~ Birth of Johann Nepomuk Karl, Prince of Liechtenstein in Wischau, Bohemia

On this day, July 30, 1569 ~ Birth of Karl I, Prince of Liechtenstein at Valtice Castle in Valtice, Moravia

On this day, August 9, 1696 ~ Birth of Josef Wenzel I, Prince of Liechtenstein, in Prague, Bohemia

On this day, August 9, 1696 ~ Birth of Josef Wenzel I, Prince of Liechtenstein, in Prague, Bohemia

The Prince was a famous military campaigner and most notably against the Ottoman Turks in the Austro-Turkish War which brought him much success.

375px-Joseph_Wenzel_von_Liechtenstein.jpg

Back
Top Bottom